• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon theatrical troupe RP?

EmeraldSky

Make the Colors in the Sky!
Years
Would anyone be interested in an RP where the players are performers in a theatrical troupe?

Here's what I've got so far:

Founded 60 years ago, the Diamante Company is renowned throughout the Pokeworld as the "show of all shows", combining acting, music, dance, acrobatics, puppetry, martial arts, stage combat and stage archery, circus acts, and aquatics to create adaptations of folk and fairy tales and original fantastic stories, as well as showcases of their talents for audiences of all ages.

Starting with only twenty performers at first, the company then grew to well over 1,000 performers, crew members, and technicians, with more performers arriving each year to replace those that graduate (eg. move on to the next stage of their careers) or retire (leave the company for other reasons)

The company is very strict about what material gets selected to perform; but this is not to say that they are afraid of venturing into the darker side of folklore--their versions of classic stories are not necessarily the Disney versions!

Critics rave about the company's willingness to take risks, but Brock acknowledges it is sometimes a delicate balancing act between delving into the darkness and keeping the production appropriate for families.

The company is further divided into eight troupes--one of which stays and performs at the Starlight Theater in Celadon, and the other seven crisscross the world performing seven unique shows. Each troupe has their own unique schedule of shows, but occasionally a show may cross over between troupes.

Each performer is given roles based on their strengths, so an acrobat will not be forced to sing, and a musician will not be forced to do complex martial arts.

You play the role of a young performer in the Emerald Troupe of the company--will you join the long list of big stars the company has produced, or will you be limited to embarrassing MyTube videos?

Years
This could be fun! I usually like to play nonstandard characters, so a game that focuses on the more creative and less combat aspect of Pokemon sounds like an interesting change of pace.

Years
I'm not sure if I'd join or not at this time, but I love seeing new and interesting takes on Pokemon RPs. This sounds really cool.

EmeraldSky

Make the Colors in the Sky!
Years
The ultimate goal of the RP would be to get good enough to perform "The Chosen of Lugia", but along the way, you'd perform some slightly different takes on (Pokemonized) tales from our world (such as "Aladdin" and "The Three Musketeers"), and folklore inspired original stories

forg

ba-dum tssss. [icon]coffee-pot[/icon]
Years
I would be interested (: definitely, and I agree with the other members in that the idea is something I haven't seen (albeit i rarely get on here)

Back