• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Year of Gaming - Week #2: Temple Run - There's an evil monkey chasing me!

Status
Not open for further replies.

El Héroe Oscuro

IG: elheroeoscuro
Years

z4cpp2Y.jpg

Temple Run
- Week #2 -

Think you have what it takes to be PokeCommunity's best gamer? Prove yourself in PC's Year of Gaming Challenges! Each week a new game will be picked to see who has what it takes to get the highest score in a game ranging from old school to current modern classics. The people with the top 3 scores will be given emblems due to their abilities. If you have a recommendation on what we should play next, send me a VM/PM and we'll see what we can do!

EfAj27R.png
"In Temple Run, the player controls an explorer who, having stolen a treasure from a temple, is chased by "demonic monkeys" who want to eat him/her. As the game is an endless running game, there is no end to the temple; therfore, the player plays until the character falls off the temple to his/her demise or is eaten by the crazed monkeys."
Rules

☠. To access the game, it is available free in the app store for your phone. Note: if anyone can find an equivalent of it online, I will love you forever.

☠. After losing your last life, take a screenshot of your score - which in the case of this challenge will be the distance you've traveled - and comment below with it.

☠. You have an unlimited amount of tries to get the farthest distance. However, only the top 3 scoring members will obtain an emblem.

☠. You have one week to participate in this challenge, meaning the last date to send an entry will be June 28th, 11:59 PM ET.
Emblem

AnqbekK.png
Standings
1. O'aka XXIII - 59,616m
2. WarPaint - 51,373m
3. acatfrommars - 25,160m
4. Issac - 20,697m
5. Guildmaster Wigglytuff - 16,273m
6. Juno - 10,885m
7. Omicron - 5,151m
8. Roaming Murkrow - 4,104m
9. Lord Scalgon - 3,548m
10. Arc - 2,677m
11. Satoshi Ookami - 881m

Year of Gaming Hall of Fame
Spoiler:

Last edited:

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
Years
Yahoo, I'm in the hall of fame.

Anyways, el, I don't think phone games are a good choice...
Some people may not be eligible due to not having smart phone to play on...
Well, not that I'm part of them but I can see that being a problem for some...
Plus... how are we supposed to take screenshots of a mobile game?

El Héroe Oscuro

Years
Yahoo, I'm in the hall of fame.

Most people do have smart phones though. It's also why I left a comment in the rules saying if someone can find me an online version of it as well, then the rare people who don't have smart phones can use that as their source for the game.

The majority of smart phones are able to take screenshots by hitting a combination of buttons. Either experiment by hitting random buttons, or Google your type of phone and you can find out that way.

srinator

Uh I am pretty sure hitting the home button and power button together will do the trick, for phones without the physical home button aka non apple stuff, hitting the the volume button and power button will do the trick, some phones have it in the power button menu too.

Years
A quick question for you Matt, does this challenge include Temple Run 2, or is it just the original Temple Run?

Sonata

Don't let me disappear
Years
Can I just post a picture of my all time record or do I have to actually put forth effort?

El Héroe Oscuro

Years
A quick question for you Matt, does this challenge include Temple Run 2, or is it just the original Temple Run?

I'm just going to say stick with the original Temple Run. I haven't played the second before but it looks like you are able to get power-ups and stuff that could give a person an unfair advantage. The first Temple Run is free anyways so it shouldn't be an issue accessing it.

Can I just post a picture of my all time record or do I have to actually put forth effort?

Haha actually put some effort into it, mate (;

srinator

uh i did a 6k last night but i probably didnt save it, oh well here is the one i did rn

10457164_10202183164292961_8938920007443199218_n.jpg

i just downloaded this for my ipad hence the highest score thing lol

Years
man beating your guys will be hard. my best atm is around 2,800 m, gonna post a screenshot when i get farther

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Mar 22, 2024
Man, you and your super high scores. D:

ezHy6Ad.png

Updating mine.

Lord Scalgon

I'm just here so I won't get fined.
Years
Even though my new best is 5,575, I don't think I'll ever top that high score...

*ragequit

(I'll only upload this image if this warrants at least 3rd place in the end)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back