• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

In-Game Team Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
So yeah i recently brought the White version of pokemon and i got up to ChargeStone Cave and really can't pick what pokemon i should keep or add to my team and which ones should i get rid of so heres the team.

Emboar.
Simisage
Ferroseed (New Catch)
Crustle
Vanillite
Duosion
Throh
Cofagrigus
Archen

And thats it please help me choice which Pokemon to use.

Well it kinda depends what you want. Generally fighting types are useful in Unova, so I'd keep Emboar. Since it's weak to water maybe Ferroseed to help out that water weakness, Cofagrigus to help out the ghost weakness and basically Ferro's steel covers Cofagrigus' dark weakness. As for the others I'd just go for your favourites or things in general, as extra coverage, Crustle for bug/rock coverage, Duosion for psychic coverage and Vanillite for ice coverage.

However you could go with Throh > Emboar, then swap Ferro for Simisage though you'd have a few more things to worry about weakness-wise.

Years
  • Seen May 2, 2012
Please rate my SoulSilver team? Perhaps make some suggestions?

I'm not worried about movepools yet, as I'm still only ~ level 20 and in the process of trying to catch the rest of my team. Here is my desired team composition:

Ninetales- For decent special damage and type coverage, via extrasensory. One of my favorite Pokemon.

Nidoking- Type coverage, my jack of all trades. His movepoop will reflect my weaknesses.

Heracross- My physical sweeper... Enough said. I love this guy, but he seems to train much slower than everyone else so far. :\

Gengar- I haven't caught my ghastly yet, but I will. I want him for my Special sweeper. I couldn't decide between him or Alakazham... Figured this guy would be better off due to movepool and resists?

From here, at first I was considering going Feraligator / Pidgeotto... But the more I think on it the more I consider replacing both for a Gyarados and maybe grabbing an Ampheros, or a tanky grass to add to the mix. Thoughts?

Thanks for your time.

rpg man

My new account is Critx
Years
Rate my Fire red team!!

OK this before elite four!!(2nd round)
Pikahcu lv 80
Venasuar lv 80
metagross lv 80 (traded)
Parasect lv 80
Umbreon lv 80
Mew lv 80 Event Plz rate good bad suckish

xdom

Jaguar Skills
Years
Rate my white team(in the making)

celia_by_marioisnintendo-d3c35mb.gif
Emboar_BW.gif
Simisage_BW.gif
Hydreigon_BW.gif
Jellicent_M_BW_Front.png
Wailord%28E%29Sprite.gif
i wondered if someone could trade me a wailord for one of my pokemon

Years
celia_by_marioisnintendo-d3c35mb.gif
Emboar_BW.gif
Simisage_BW.gif
Hydreigon_BW.gif
Jellicent_M_BW_Front.png
Wailord%28E%29Sprite.gif
i wondered if someone could trade me a wailord for one of my pokemon

I'm sorry to tell you this but you have two Water-types.

Doubling up on types is a no-no. I recommend you keep Jellicent.

I don't personally recommend Cofagrigus cos of its low Speed and shallow movepool. A good Psychic-type like Reuniclus or Beheeyem can help you since they each get Electric attacks among their learnable TMs (Thunder and Thunderbolt respectively) and all both can learn Shadow Ball which can cover for a Ghost attack so Cofagrigus isn't even necessary.

Test Beheeyem and Reuniclus and then see which one you like best.

As for a good Flyer, try Archeops. Despite its ability it can hit hard and pull off a few 1HKO's thanks to its high offensive stats.

I was proud to have used Archeops myself and it never let me down despite my initial hate of its ability. That's why I am recommending it. It can also use Acrobatics which does massive damage if you aren't holding an item plus you can teach it Fly so it can fly you around.

Keep the others, they're alright.

And my work here is done...

Last edited:

xdom

Jaguar Skills
Years
i think i'll drop jellicent and Cofagrigus and replace Cofagrigus with Sigilyph and zebraika for jellicent.

Years
  • Age 43
  • Seen Jan 30, 2017
Don't Use Zebstrika It's Really A Bad Pokemon and it Has Horrible Defences

Try Galvantula It's Bug/Electric Type That Can Be A Good Special Attacker

You Can Get It's Pre-Evolution Joltik in Chargestone Cave But Make Sure That Galvantula Has The Comboundeyes Abillity and You're Good to go

Years
  • Seen May 17, 2012
Excellent Water Type and Electric Type Pokemon

So I have this battle against my friend which has a "no legendary pokemon rule" but we can have pseudos. My problem is I have 2 spots available in my team and I still don't have a pokemon that has a water move and a pokemon that has electric moves. I prefer these pokemon having a good special attack and speed since I already have metagross and salamence as my physical damage pokemon. I just need to 1-hit ko or atleast damage to red pokemon who are weak to electric and water moves in 1 turn.

My team is composed of metagross, salamence, scizor, and gengar.

Thanks!

I'm new here btw, call me Flurry.

(Please no harsh comments.)

tj4bigred

Instant Classic
Years
If it's Gen V, you should try Choice Specs Rotom. While it won't be as fast as if it was scarfed, it can do massive damage on Volt Switches. Or you can just trick the Specs to one of your opponents physical attackers.

Since you appear to still have one more spot left, use Volcarona there. If you can get a Quiver Dance off, you should be able to take out any pesky steel types that might ruin your Slamence's sweep.

WingedDragon

Competitive Trainer
Years
Umbreon

Looking an online battling Umbreon in white. Starting over. Need to know best natures and moves for it

Current Umbreon: Moves: Confuse ray, Moonlight, Shadow Ball, Psychic
Nature Quiet.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
Looking an online battling Umbreon in white. Starting over. Need to know best natures and moves for it

Current Umbreon: Moves: Confuse ray, Moonlight, Shadow Ball, Psychic
Nature Quiet.

Well Umbreon is there for supporting a team and from your other thread it sounds like you wanted a specially attacking one. :( So yeah, not the best Pokemon for that. However, due to Umbreon's great defenses, its terrible attacking stats don't matter as much. As mentioned, Careful is the best nature since your only attacking move is usually Payback due to the limitations of its movepool and such. As for the other attacks, wish - to be able to heal the other Pokemon, heal bell, to heal them/yourself, and protect or toxic, so that you can protect yourself while getting wishes, or toxic to stall out the opponent. :3

Years
  • Seen May 15, 2012
Last Pokemon on my fire red team?

My Pokemon Firered team need one more pokemon to be complete.
I Now have:

Jolteon (lv. 32)
Snorlax (lv. 32)
Hitmonlee (lv. 27)
Charizard (lv. 52)
Lapras (lv. 30)

i have no idea on what could be a good last pokemon. I have thought on using my moonstone to get nidoking, but i don't think it would be very smart since i have snorlax and hitmonlee.

Any suggestions?

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
Are they useful or can be useful?

By that you mean neutral ones like serious yeah? Well no they aren't useful and instead your stats aren't as great as they could be. Instead everything is decided by IVs and EV training if you choose to do so.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
This link should explain a bit more about IVs. :3 As for ev training that's in Black and White's FAQ.

Years
  • Seen Oct 3, 2014
What Pokemon gives the most Exp.Points?

Someone said it's Audino but I think it was Chansey or Blissey last time I checked. How much exp. does a wild Audino give when defeated and how much does Chansey or Blissey?

WingedDragon

Competitive Trainer
Years
Someone said it's Audino but I think it was Chansey or Blissey last time I checked. How much exp. does a wild Audino give when defeated and how much does Chansey or Blissey?
I know evolved pokemon give more experience in battles but how much I am not sure w.o actually battling both

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back