• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[ARCHIVE] Simple Questions (SEARCH BEFORE ASKING A QUESTION)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Seen Sep 11, 2013
Open the folder where your XSE is stored. Find the "Settings.ini" or the Configuration File. Open it with Notepad. Find "AutoUpdateCheck=1". Change 1 or whatever number is written there with 0. There you go. It's not an error with script but an error with the .ini file.

There is no AutoUpdateCheck=1

Years
  • Seen Sep 11, 2013
[Options]
AlwaysOnTop=False
MinimizeToSystemTray=False
IgnoreChanges=False
LineNumbers=True
StatusBar=True
Sidebar=True
SidebarAlignment=True
ShowNotes=True
ShowRecentFiles=True
EmulatorPath=
[Format]
BackgroundColor=16777215
ForegroundColor=-2147483640
FontName=Courier New
FontBold=False
FontItalic=False
FontSize=9
[MRUList]
1=National Pokedex Script.rbc
[MRUPath]
1=C:\Users\Dylan\Desktop\
[Built-in]
LastPath=C:\Users\Dylan\Desktop\Pokemon\XSE
[Batch]
LastFile=C:\Users\Dylan\Desktop\Pokemon\Roms\Pokemon FireRed.gba
FilePath=C:\Users\Dylan\Desktop\Pokemon\XSE
Log=True
STD=True
STDItems=False
STDPoke=False
STDAttacks=False
[TextAdjuster]
TextLimit=35

These are all my options

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jul 24, 2023
[Options]
AlwaysOnTop=False
IgnoreChanges=False
LineNumbers=True
StatusBar=True
Sidebar=True
SidebarAlignment=True
ShowNotes=True
ShowRecentFiles=True
EmulatorPath=
[Format]
BackgroundColor=16777215
FontName=Courier New
FontBold=False
FontItalic=False
FontSize=9
[MRUList]
[MRUPath]
[Built-in]
[Batch]
Log=True
STD=True
STDItems=False
STDPoke=False
STDAttacks=False
[TextAdjuster]
TextLimit=35

These are all my options

Then do this.
Code:
[Options]
AlwaysOnTop=False
IgnoreChanges=False
LineNumbers=True
StatusBar=True
Sidebar=True
SidebarAlignment=True
ShowNotes=True
ShowRecentFiles=True
EmulatorPath=
[B]AutoUpdateCheck=0[/B]
[Format]
BackgroundColor=16777215
FontName=Courier New
FontBold=False
FontItalic=False
FontSize=9
[MRUList]
[MRUPath]
[Built-in]
[Batch]
Log=True
STD=True
STDItems=False
STDPoke=False
STDAttacks=False
[TextAdjuster]
TextLimit=35

And may I know if you are using v1.1.1?

Years
  • Seen May 26, 2013
Unhandled exception has occured..

----------------------------------------
System.Xml
Assembly Version: 4.0.0.0
Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.450 built by: RTMLDR
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.dll
----------------------------------------

************** JIT Debugging **************
To enable just-in-time (JIT) debugging, the .config file for this
application or computer (machine.config) must have the
jitDebugging value set in the system.windows.forms section.
The application must also be compiled with debugging
enabled.

For example:

<configuration>
<system.windows.forms jitDebugging="true" />
</configuration>

When JIT debugging is enabled, any unhandled exception
will be sent to the JIT debugger registered on the computer
rather than be handled by this dialog box.

Also, my partner on this project has no problems using A-Trainer, but mine runs into an error (Subscript out of range). Are the two related?

Years
  • Seen Sep 11, 2013
Then do this.
Code:
[Options]
AlwaysOnTop=False
IgnoreChanges=False
LineNumbers=True
StatusBar=True
Sidebar=True
SidebarAlignment=True
ShowNotes=True
ShowRecentFiles=True
EmulatorPath=
[B]AutoUpdateCheck=0[/B]
[Format]
BackgroundColor=16777215
FontName=Courier New
FontBold=False
FontItalic=False
FontSize=9
[MRUList]
[MRUPath]
[Built-in]
[Batch]
Log=True
STD=True
STDItems=False
STDPoke=False
STDAttacks=False
[TextAdjuster]
TextLimit=35

And may I know if you are using v1.1.1?
The version is 1.0.0, should it work after this or should I get 1.0.1? Every place I went to for 1.0.1 either wasn't legitimate or had viruses in them lol

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jul 24, 2023
Malicious files, found it by both of my securities

I've found 1.1.1, downloaded, extracted, then tried compiling and still get error 9 even though the auto check update equals 0

I don't know anymore. It can be an error in your system, you didn't load a ROM before compiling, some software blocks it etc. There's a hundred reasons I can give you. Try disconnecting from the internet before opening the program.

Years
  • Seen May 26, 2013
Hey Robin! I figured out what the issue was..I was trying to send the ROM to someone. Anyways, do you know how I can assign Bulbasaur to #1 in the Regional Dex? I tried changing the pointers and it didn't work out..

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jul 24, 2023
Does anyone know where the text string for these are stored? And more specifically, the one where it says "POKeMON". I'm using FR.

And re-upping my question from the last page which is, what would a pointer to an expanded ROM look like? I'm using FR.

Hey Robin! I figured out what the issue was..I was trying to send the ROM to someone. Anyways, do you know how I can assign Bulbasaur to #1 in the Regional Dex? I tried changing the pointers and it didn't work out..

Use PGE's Pokedex Order Editor.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen May 26, 2013
Use PGE's Pokedex Order Editor.

Yeah, just tried it and it says it's set the order to way I want it, but in actuality it hasn't. Thank you for your help thus far! I can't believe I almost forgot to say that.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jul 24, 2023
Yeah, just tried it and it says it's set the order to way I want it, but in actuality it hasn't. Thank you for your help thus far! I can't believe I almost forgot to say that.

Actually, even I don't really know how it works but, I think it works in the opposite way like setting for example, you want Bulbasaur to be #1 in regional dex, try setting him to #1 on the national dex. That's how I think it works. Oh, if that doesn't work. Try it again in the usual way you should do it, not the one I stated above and make sure, if you made Bulbasaur #1 in regional dex, swap his place with Treecko, the original #1 in the regional dex.

You know like for example:
#1 Treecko => #203 Bulbasaur (Not sure) will be
#1 Bulbasaur => #203 Treecko.

Years
  • Seen May 26, 2013
It doesn't appear to work, but what probably angers me about this the most was that through trial and error, I managed to get it to work ONCE, but forgot my steps because I lost track and now I can't replicate my success.

Jambo51

Glory To Arstotzka
Years
  • Seen Jan 28, 2018
And re-upping my question from the last page which is, what would a pointer to an expanded ROM look like? I'm using FR.

FR doesn't matter in this case, a pointer to expanded ROM is the exact same as a pointer to the normal ROM. You just take the address and add 0x8000000 to it. So if your address is 0x1250000, the pointer to it is 0x1250000 + 0x8000000 -> 0x9250000 -> 00 00 25 09

It doesn't appear to work, but what probably angers me about this the most was that through trial and error, I managed to get it to work ONCE, but forgot my steps because I lost track and now I can't replicate my success.

If you're on FR, you can't do a regional dex. The game doesn't draw any distinctions between the regional order and the National order, so if you edit one, it affects the other too.

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jul 24, 2023
FR doesn't matter in this case, a pointer to expanded ROM is the exact same as a pointer to the normal ROM. You just take the address and add 0x8000000 to it. So if your address is 0x1250000, the pointer to it is 0x1250000 + 0x8000000 -> 0x9250000 -> 00 00 25 09

Oh so that's how.

If you're on FR, you can't do a regional dex. The game doesn't draw any distinctions between the regional order and the National order, so if you edit one, it affects the other too.

Actually, he is using Ruby. Is it still the same?

GoGoJJTech

(☞゚ヮ゚)☞ http://GoGoJJTech.com ☜(゚ヮ゚☜)
Years
If the offset is the usual 0123456 then its 56 34 12 08
But in an expanded Rom offsets after 1000000 are like so 1123456 = 56 34 12 09

Years
  • Seen Jun 2, 2013
So I've been trying to get this code to work but no matter what the moment when stepped to tile that activates (should atleast) the game simply freezes and player doesn't move anywhere and nothings happening :d

Spoiler:

Years
A question for those who may be somewhat proficient with music hacking:

Does anyone have a complete list of the instruments used in Pokémon Ruby? I've found one Magnius made a while ago, listing commonly used DirectSound instruments in GBA games (http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=139156), but I've realised that Ruby actually doesn't use some of them, such as the Overdriven Guitar and a few others (at least, to my knowledge). Obviously by a lot of trial and error I can figure out what instruments are 'missing' from Ruby, but it'd obviously be quicker if someone already had a list of what instruments are already there to work with? (Assuming of course that I'm correct in my.. assumption).

Jambo51

Glory To Arstotzka
Years
  • Seen Jan 28, 2018
Actually, he is using Ruby. Is it still the same?

Honestly, no idea. I looked at the code for Ruby's Pokédex and it made me cry. It's THAT bad.

At a guess, I'd say it works like you'd expect, with one set of data being for regional and another being for national. One thing I do know is that you can't have any duplicate entries. That can cause crashes or simply cause the dex not to work properly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back