• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

~~Diving Deep~~ (A Water Pokemon Fan Club)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
MIAU's question gave me another topic idea, haha. What are some good Pokémon to have on rain teams? What makes them good, and why do you like them?

BurningLanguages

Student Linguist
Years
MIAU's question gave me another topic idea, haha. What are some good Pokémon to have on rain teams? What makes them good, and why do you like them?

Quagsire would be a great Pokemon to learn Rain dance on a team. If he has water absorb that would get rid of his regular damage from water attacks (which would probably hurt him greatly when rain dance is activated). He can also learn curse and Amnesia which strengthens his defenses nicely. Quagsire is a huge wall I love him.

But the greatest reason of all to why you should use him; he is just a huge derp. :P

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
What are some good Pokémon to have on rain teams?
There's a lot, and Ludicolo would definitely have to be one of them. It's got access to Rain Dish ability, which heals 1/6 of its health every turn while it rains. Have it learn Leech Seed, Giga Drain, and Synthesis and give it a set of Leftovers, and it'd be able to annoy your opponent greatly. Haha. Another would be Scizor. It's got four-times weakness against fire attacks, but thanks to rain, all damage that it takes from fire-type hits get halved. Thanks to that, it could survive more. (:

Years

Thanks to my experience using one in a Random Battle on the server, Swanna. This thing seems to learn quite a good amount of moves that really get major benefits in the rain. I used one that knew Hurricane, Ice Beam, Rain Dance and Scald coupled with its hidden ability Hydration. You could easily tell that moveset is destined for rainy conditions and yeah I ended up destroying my opponent's entire team with it, even the infamous Prankster Liepard whose Thunder Wave was kinda worthless because I'd heal from it at the end of the turn with the rain up.

Venks

Water Pokémon Master
Years
Username/Nickname: Venks
Partner Pokemon: Ludicolo
Reason for Joining the Club: I'm an avid fan of water type Poke'mon. Misty was my favorite character in the anime back when I watched it and well I've been using water-only teams since the new millennium.

I agree with earlier mentions such as Swanna and Ludicolo. Though I play them a bit differently. My Swanna is HP/DEF and I make use of Tail Wind to support my team and Rest along with Hydration to stay in the game for the long run.

My Ludicolo I run with Swift Swim. I put enough speed in him so he can outspeed most threats in the rain, then I max his Special Attack and put the rest in HP. He generally can survive that first hit and set up Rain Dance which then allows him to sweep.

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023

Thanks to my experience using one in a Random Battle on the server, Swanna. This thing seems to learn quite a good amount of moves that really get major benefits in the rain. I used one that knew Hurricane, Ice Beam, Rain Dance and Scald coupled with its hidden ability Hydration. You could easily tell that moveset is destined for rainy conditions and yeah I ended up destroying my opponent's entire team with it, even the infamous Prankster Liepard whose Thunder Wave was kinda worthless because I'd heal from it at the end of the turn with the rain up.

I've never used Swanna before, personally. Its stats seem to be a bit low, so I didn't really consider it. XD" Your description does make it sound great, though; would definitely have to give it a go someday.

Miau

If I fits...
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Oct 31, 2022
I agree with earlier mentions such as Swanna and Ludicolo. Though I play them a bit differently. My Swanna is HP/DEF and I make use of Tail Wind to support my team and Rest along with Hydration to stay in the game for the long run.

My Ludicolo I run with Swift Swim. I put enough speed in him so he can outspeed most threats in the rain, then I max his Special Attack and put the rest in HP. He generally can survive that first hit and set up Rain Dance which then allows him to sweep.

I use a Modest HP/Sp. Atk. Ludicolo with Swift Swim on my doubles rain team, with the exact same purpose. I've battled quite a few Mega Charizard Y in the battle spot these past few days, and I can say that my Ludicolo is able to survive a Flamethrower under intense sunlight or an Air Slash and set up rain. He can then recover with Giga Drain and stay in the game longer. Surf is also great and benefits from the boost in power under rain, and in double battles it also hits both opponents and heals Toxicroak or Heliolisk that I use alongside Ludicolo. So yeah, he's very versatile and a lot of fun to use, especially with that dance he does {XD}

I'm very pleased to hear about Swanna. I actually thought about adding her to this team, but I remember her being quite frail from that time I used her in-game in White 2. Rest + Hydration sounds great in theory, but I'm afraid that she'd be easy to 1HKO; does the investment in HP and Defense really help that much?

Water Gym Leader

Arlyn Aquos
Years
Guys I can't up keep this club anymore. I am going to have some very sparse internet use for a few months so if anyone would like to take over for a while please pm me.

Olli

I am still bathing in a summer's afterglow
Years
Can't believe I didn't join this one earlier, Water types are some of my favourites! Looks like I joined at a bad time though :(

Username/Nickname: Olli, despite what my postbit says at the moment haha.
Partner Pokemon: A bit of a battle between Lapras and Suicune, since both of them have always been two of my favourite, but in the end I think I'll settle with Suicune, just because I treasure my memories and experiences with it more than what I have with Lapras D:

Reason for Joining the Club: Apart from my latest playthrough of Black 2, simply because I couldn't find one suitable enough for my team, Water types have always reserved a spot somewhere on my team. It's largely because of how essential they are to the progress of the games, with the amount of Water type HM's there are, but I also really like a lot of them. Their designs usually scream beauty and elegance, and they're generally just some of the best designed Pokemon imo :D On the plus side, a lot of them are also really powerful, and considering how accessible an all-around useful move like Surf is, I can't see why people wouldn't be getting at least one :p Definitely will be the second mono-type I ever try out (Flying type is first, duh :D)

If you were to give an evolution to any water-type Pokémon, which would it be? What would its characteristics be?

While I wouldn't want it to have an evolution, I'd to see a pre-evolution to Lapras. It just looks like another stage could suit it a lot, but since it already looks the closest to a final-stage evolution, I'd rather it was a 2-stage Pokemon with a baby-esque looking pre-evolution :D It'd be adorable ;o;

Years
If you were to give an evolution to any water-type Pokémon, which would it be? What would its characteristics be?

I would have definitely given Golduck an evolution. I always felt like its evolution line was "incomplete" and I'd imagine a possible evolution would have its head look like a crown shape or something, but design aside it's one I'd really want them to do in the future.

Yeah and sad to hear you go, Water Gym Leader. I hope the club can be taken over by some capable hands!

Years
Username/Nickname: AoTora
Partner Pokemon: Swanna named Bellatrix (Female)
Reason for Joining the Club: I love water types! I also love the water move called surf. I love it's animation!

If you were to give an evolution to any water-type Pokémon, which would it be? What would its characteristics be? Luvdisc! Because it needs one - right now it's useless and nearly forgotten :/ But with evolution maybe more people would use it.

Reactions: Sun

Olli

I am still bathing in a summer's afterglow
Years
Ownership of the club has been transferred to Makoto Tachibana upon request of the owner. Enjoy!

Rabby

The Samurott Awaits...
Years
Username/Nickname: Ranixpsg/Rabby
Partner: ...Samurott (4 Life <3!)
Reason for Joining Club: OMG, Water type is my number 1 upmost favourite (I'm a HUGE fan of Samurott ^^)! Would be glad to join this water club ^^! Cheers C:

Sun

When the sun goes down...
Years
  • Seen Jan 20, 2017
Can't believe I didn't join this one earlier, Water types are some of my favourites! Looks like I joined at a bad time though :(

Username/Nickname: Olli, despite what my postbit says at the moment haha.
Partner Pokemon: A bit of a battle between Lapras and Suicune, since both of them have always been two of my favourite, but in the end I think I'll settle with Suicune, just because I treasure my memories and experiences with it more than what I have with Lapras D:

Reason for Joining the Club: Apart from my latest playthrough of Black 2, simply because I couldn't find one suitable enough for my team, Water types have always reserved a spot somewhere on my team. It's largely because of how essential they are to the progress of the games, with the amount of Water type HM's there are, but I also really like a lot of them. Their designs usually scream beauty and elegance, and they're generally just some of the best designed Pokemon imo :D On the plus side, a lot of them are also really powerful, and considering how accessible an all-around useful move like Surf is, I can't see why people wouldn't be getting at least one :p Definitely will be the second mono-type I ever try out (Flying type is first, duh :D)

While I wouldn't want it to have an evolution, I'd to see a pre-evolution to Lapras. It just looks like another stage could suit it a lot, but since it already looks the closest to a final-stage evolution, I'd rather it was a 2-stage Pokemon with a baby-esque looking pre-evolution :D It'd be adorable ;o;

Username/Nickname: AoTora
Partner Pokemon: Swanna named Bellatrix (Female)
Reason for Joining the Club: I love water types! I also love the water move called surf. I love it's animation!

If you were to give an evolution to any water-type Pokémon, which would it be? What would its characteristics be? Luvdisc! Because it needs one - right now it's useless and nearly forgotten :/ But with evolution maybe more people would use it.

Username/Nickname: Ranixpsg/Rabby
Partner: ...Samurott (4 Life <3!)
Reason for Joining Club: OMG, Water type is my number 1 upmost favourite (I'm a HUGE fan of Samurott ^^)! Would be glad to join this water club ^^! Cheers C:

Welcome to the Club! I have added you three to the member list.~

Sun

Years
  • Seen Jan 20, 2017
Please keep in mind that every member here are free to create a topic. (follow the original rules tho.)~

Current topic:
Which Water-type Pokémon(s)' potential are wasted? (It can be view in any angle, ig by stats, better Ability etc.)

230.png

Currently I have Kingdra in my head, it has a wonderful typing: no more Electric and Grass-type moves weakness due to being part Dragon-type now; Kingdra has only two weaknesses: Fairy and its very own Dragon peers. Unfortunately the stats doesn't do any good for it, Damp as an Hidden Ability isn't helping that much either, especially when explosive moves were nerfed in Gen V. :( :( :(

Sonata

Don't let me disappear
Years
Username: alvmonster

Partner Pokemon: Totodile

Reason for Joining the Club: Water types are tied for my first favorite type of pokemon, and so why not join to show my love and support?

Answer to the current topic: I too would have to go for Kingdra, it has a great typing but it's stats aren't anything to talk about and the only time it's a problem is when you fight Claire.

Sun

Years
  • Seen Jan 20, 2017
Username: alvmonster

Partner Pokemon: Totodile

Reason for Joining the Club: Water types are tied for my first favorite type of pokemon, and so why not join to show my love and support?

Answer to the current topic: I too would have to go for Kingdra, it has a great typing but it's stats aren't anything to talk about and the only time it's a problem is when you fight Claire.

Hello welcome to the Club, alvmonster.~
Fellow members please give him a warm welcome if you happen to pass by, don't use Scald to him tho! x'D x'D x'D

Sun

Years
  • Seen Jan 20, 2017
Username: Pokemonlover717

Partner Pokemon: Palpitoad

Reason for Joining the Club: Why not? I love water type. and my most favorite pokemon is a water type.

Please answer the current topic so that I'll approve your registration. :D :D :D

Water Gym Leader

Arlyn Aquos
Years
In my own opinion, I think Bibarel is under rated. Stats aren't the best move pool could be better, but in all reality, it does make a decent HM Slave. It seems like it has a lot of hidden potential, but isn't shown in the games.

State-side for a few days, then I leave again. Makoto, keep up the good work.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back