• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.
  • Want to share your adventures playing Pokémon?
    Check out our new Travel Journals forum for sharing playthroughs of ROM Hacks, Fan Games, and other Pokémon content!
  • IMPORTANT: Following a takedown request, the following hacks have been delisted from PokéCommunity:

• Pokémon Glazed
    • Pokémon: Giratina Strikes Back
    • Pokémon Flora Sky
    • Pokémon Stranded
    The downloads and discussion threads for these hacks will no longer be accessible, and staff will be unable to return questions regarding accessing this content.

FireRed hack: Pokémon Shiny Gold!

Gabri

m8
Years
Hey Zel, will be there second time to beat the E4 like in FR? You know what is it, the E4's Pokemon and levels has changed after you give the two gems to a guy. Will that happen in SG too?

Years
  • Seen Aug 27, 2008
Awesome Zel,if you keep this up the beta will be released in no time at all. O.O
Will the trick house and the phone booth be available in beta 5,or will they be in a later beta?

a2h

ENJOY YOUR CONFICKER C
Years
Johto department store lift needs to have animation and shouldn't it have 1F-5F as default not the basement floors?

Oh and btw the music for Goldenrod I remember but where from... O____o R/S/E or FR/LG? Hrm...

Years
  • Seen Sep 4, 2007
For the weird guy, Its "Hiker Michael" South of Blackthorn
I'll post screenie when i can

Apple Inc.

This Changes Everything. Again
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Mar 29, 2023
Would it be possible to use the RSE Elite four music instead of the gym leader music for the champion. It is so much cooler. I can make a .wav with vba and convert it into a midi (once I can convert) If you know anybody who can please let me know. I will just record it for half an hour.

zel 2.0

Gold Remaker
Years
Just a quick question... I know you (Zel) said you were going to keep it like the original as much as possible, but is there any way for you to change some of the Gym Leaders Pokemon? I remember being annoyed at how few Johto Pokemon were used. In the first 8 Johto Gyms only 5/6 Johto Pokemon were used. It wouldn't be hard to give Falkner a Hoothoot and a Natu or Bugsy a Spinarak, Ledyba and Yanma afterall. Thanks Zel!

Well, the normal version sticks to the original, while the "X" version has many changes, not only using a few more Johto Pokemon, but also using a few Hoenn pokes as well.

Hey Zel, will be there second time to beat the E4 like in FR? You know what is it, the E4's Pokemon and levels has changed after you give the two gems to a guy. Will that happen in SG too?

Yes, there will be a 2nd wave, that's for sure.

Will the trick house and the phone booth be available in beta 5,or will they be in a later beta?

Yes, both features will be in B5.

Zel have you found out how to make the legendary dogs appear yet? If not I have a suggestion.

I have an idea already (not to make them run wild, but it's something... similar...)

Would it be possible to use the RSE Elite four music instead of the gym leader music for the champion. It is so much cooler. I can make a .wav with vba and convert it into a midi (once I can convert) If you know anybody who can please let me know. I will just record it for half an hour.

Well, we cannot change the BGM of the battles (it would change also the Gym battles BGM, not only the E4 battles), although you never know...

I'm done with the Routes, and I'm at Fuchsia. Once I'm done with that (and also finished the scripts of the Phone Booths), I'll start posting screenshots. As you can imagine this time the Beta will be shorter than before (to release it a bit earlier and to have less bugs)

Hmmm... That's all I had...

WindBlows

It's been a long time!
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Aug 5, 2023
Hey Zel good work!

Are you gonna add Safari zone to Fuschia?

destinedjagold

You can contact me in PC's discord server...
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Dec 23, 2023
Zel isn't gonna give release dates because that will cause countdown posts and if it doesn't come out on the release date people start nagging

True... Great hacks should take their time so it'll be the greatest ever.

Giving a deadline may make the hacker do some errors in hacking.

Patience is a must here... Eheheh... At least that's what I think.

=)

Zel.., keep it up!

Kronos1000

Fear my nonhacked Lv100 Deoxys
Years
  • Seen Apr 19, 2011
A suggestion if you want to add the Safari Zone you could base one of the Areas on the GSC Safari Zone (Wich didn't make it through the final cut), just to keep the GSC feel alive.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jan 20, 2013
Oh yeah, isn't that the zone where you can't catch Poké's and where you only can get with hacking?

~Cya, UnitRico

Gerri Shin

  
Years
what are you on about unitrico

I think what Unitrico was on about was that in the original gold version you could only get to the 'safari zone' by using the walk through anything cheat. and even if you got through the walls to that area there were no pokemon to catch. (at least that what i got from it)

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jan 20, 2013
I think what Unitrico was on about was that in the original gold version you could only get to the 'safari zone' by using the walk through anything cheat. and even if you got through the walls to that area there were no pokemon to catch. (at least that what i got from it)

Aha, so that is wat he meant...it is what I meant anyways, so thanks for clearing that up :)

~Cya, UnitRico

SerenadeDS

Trainer
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 7, 2013
6? Don't you mean Five? We are still on beta four you know ;)

Edit: Beaten Again! just as I was typing it too! This what the SIXTH time?

Haha No, I mean Beta 6! I know Beta 5 will come next, but I cant wait until 6 comes out lolz! Once Zel completes this game, I will have only known of 2 Complete Pokemon Hacks. Pokemon Quartz & Pokemon ShinyGold! **Woot**

Back