• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Research: [GENERAL THREAD] Pokémon Heart Gold/Soul Silver Hacking

Banjora Marxvile

hOI!!!!!! i'm tEMMIE!!
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Mar 27, 2024
What i realy want is a mapping tool, maybe like in the tool is shows everything 2d and then in the emulator or whatever would be 3d... i dunno! If only we had the stuff nintendo used to make the games :( IM GOING ON STIKE!!!!!!!!

Fine, bye.

A map editor, even though it is in high demand, will be incredibly hard to make, as everything near enough uses 3D polygons, and that is shown playing through the games. True that this could possibly be manipulated and able to place if a tool was created, but for Tiles, it would make them even harder to do. And to make good maps, you may need new tiles.

Poryhack

March 14th
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Jul 5, 2010
If only we had the stuff nintendo used to make the games :( IM GOING ON STIKE!!!!!!!!
Rather ironic that you should say that. I recommend you get together a few buddies, pull your heads out of wherever they are lodged, and take a good look around this forum.

Alpha de Splash

DPPtHGSS Researcher
Years
Sorry if I'm not able to put questions here.. But I really want an answer.

I know we can edit the Trainers' Pokémon in HG / SS already, but how good? Here are my questions:

1) Are we already able to edit the Trainers' Pokémon in HG / SS as good as in DPP?

2) If I'm going to edit the Trainers' Pokémon in HG / SS now, can I use the edited .narc file for the English HG / SS Roms (when they are released)? Or do I have to edit every Trainers' Pokémon again then?

3) (Only answer this question when you've answered YES to question 1) I was trying to edit the Trainers' Pokémon, but it looked much more messed up, with every Trainers' SECOND Pokémon being at level 1 or something. Eh, it just looked messed up. Or was I doing something wrong?

Thanks!

I think I have the general format of the HGSS trainers. It is indeed different from the trainers of DPPt (So it won't work on DPPt Tools). And you should be able to use the same narc for the english granted that they don't insert trainers (that would cause all the trainers to be one later, messing everything up).

Fine, bye.

A map editor, even though it is in high demand, will be incredibly hard to make, as everything near enough uses 3D polygons, and that is shown playing through the games. True that this could possibly be manipulated and able to place if a tool was created, but for Tiles, it would make them even harder to do. And to make good maps, you may need new tiles.

Tiling isn't going to be remotely possible in the HGSS maps. What may happen is dragging pre-made polygons somehow, but all this stuff is still in the works of those whose computers hate them...

Oxnite

aka Arbok
Years
  • Seen Dec 18, 2016
I think I have the general format of the HGSS trainers. It is indeed different from the trainers of DPPt (So it won't work on DPPt Tools). And you should be able to use the same narc for the english granted that they don't insert trainers (that would cause all the trainers to be one later, messing everything up).

Oh okay, so it's waiting for a HG / SS Trainer Pokémon editor tool?

Is it hard to create that tool?

Potatomuffin

The One And ONLY!!!
Years
actually we do have the stuff that nintendo used to make the games. some guy posted the tools they used for d/p and me and my friends tried running it. sadly we couln't get it to work cause we didn't have Maya and some other programs. all nintendo did was to add certain plugins and a .narc maker program. its probabally still sitting in the tools section of pokecommunity.

Magnius

Pokemon Music Hacking Guru
Years
  • Seen Feb 17, 2014
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b3hBQdvE-jg

Managed to successfully replace the music when you talk to Oak.

This just proves that if we had scripting knowledge, it wouldn't be that hard to do a Yellow remake with DS graphics.

After all, all the music, maps and sprites are already there.

Years
  • Seen Dec 9, 2023
Do you guys know if it will ever be possible to edit the Pokemon order in the Johto Pokedex?

Poryhack

March 14th
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Jul 5, 2010
Do you guys know if it will ever be possible to edit the Pokemon order in the Johto Pokedex?
It should already be, I doubt it has changed much from DPPt. I previously located the file at 0/7/4

You can read about my findings on how it worked in DPPt here.

Years
  • Seen Apr 2, 2013
Hey. Im not exactly new to hacking pokemon roms. Actually, check out my hacks of pokemon heart gold, soul silver, and platinum. Just Search this name ankrahman28 on youtube.

Im sorry that i am bothering you with this. I downloaded those back sprites you uploaded from heart gold and soul silver. But it seems i cant edit it with paint or Windows Photo Gallery. Which means I cant edit it to 8 bit i believe it is. Is there a program that allows you to edit the backsprites? Or can you tell me where the backsprites are located? Please?

Years
  • Seen Nov 19, 2021
Hey. Im not exactly new to hacking pokemon roms. Actually, check out my hacks of pokemon heart gold, soul silver, and platinum. Just Search this name ankrahman28 on youtube.

Im sorry that i am bothering you with this. I downloaded those back sprites you uploaded from heart gold and soul silver. But it seems i cant edit it with paint or Windows Photo Gallery. Which means I cant edit it to 8 bit i believe it is. Is there a program that allows you to edit the backsprites? Or can you tell me where the backsprites are located? Please?
They're indexed, just try taking a screenshot of them, and then just paste tthem into paint. Its easier.

Heart's Soul

Hey, look, I was gone.
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Aug 20, 2020
How do you translate the game? I just want to translate it to Russian. (Oh, and from Magnius's translation hack)

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Aug 5, 2022
hey i was just wondering if anyone knew of a evolution editor in the making the main reason I ask this is because it seems like you guys have got the pointers to the pokemon data (because of the gym leader hacking tool from Swampert) and someone in this thread said they were able to hack cyndaquil's evolution to be at a lower level (I think it was cyndaquil anyway) just wondering is all

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Sep 7, 2023
Yes; it's called a hex editor. Seriously, pre-made tools aren't the only way to hack; evolution data is just a couple of bytes, so it's easily changeable manually. It's not like it's hard to find, either; I'd expect it to be in the same format as in D/P, so you just need to find the correct .narc and edit accordingly.

Back