• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Challenge Ideas & Discussion

Do you feel more people should get into Nuzlockes?

• Yes

Votes: 7 36.8%
  • No

Votes: 12 63.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 11, 2022
That's the way it works? I had thought you did both Colosseum and XD. I guess even if BW2 don't count as a 6th game for ultimates nothing is stopping me from challenging that game anyway.

Oh no I understand completely what you're saying. I just meant as a general rule, it be a regional thing. By all means put us to shame and complete every game. xD
I just meant for my lazy butt for it to not count as a sixth game.

myrrhman

Challenge God
Years
Ugh, not a 6th already! I'm too lazy now to do a 5th, I don't need any new gens.

And I always saw each leg of an ultimate as "introducing a new region to the main series of Pokemon." With it comes all the new Pokemon you can choose from, and a new set of gyms to fight. True, there are a few differences between GSC and HGSS, but the gyms are almost the same. As for why not stop at the Elite Four in GSC, some challenges do. I always thought that it was more like "beat the best trainer you could in the game", and RBY would be different from GSC because you start out so differently, have such a different selection of Pokemon to choose from, etc.

SuperKirbyFan

Weedle trainer
Years
As for why not stop at the Elite Four in GSC, some challenges do. I always thought that it was more like "beat the best trainer you could in the game"

Lol, I almost wish you had made the solo challenge end with the Elite 4 in Gen 2 so I wouldn't have to be stuck on Red with my Weedle Solo. What confuses me more about having to fight Red is not the fact that you have to fight him, but why do we have to fight Red in Gen 2 and beat Alder twice in Gen 5, but we don't have to fight Steven in Emerald.

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
YA BOI CAN RNG IN GEN V YEEEEEEEEEEEE BUDDY

Anyway, when I make challenges, I tend to put them all as "beat the E4 and you're done" lol. :( I hate that some games are longer than others, I also hate the Kanto part of GSC and HGSS (idk why), and I hate fighting Red and Steven. They're not hard, I just hate having to play that long. So when you see a challenge made by me, don't expect to have to go as far as most challenge make you go. Just beat the main game, and I consider you a champion. Cause I'm nice.

jdthebud

Engineering Solutions
Years
Congrats Syd!!!

Anyway I finished my Username Challenge and now am just waiting for someone to post so I can do my final post. Any ideas on my next challenge?

Come to the mono-color thread! More interesting combinations of pokemon you have not seen!

and I'll post for you.

Years
Here's a challenge idea I have:

Pokemon meets Legends of the Hidden Temple! Pick a team, and you can only use Pokemon of the specified Pokedex color and/or Body Style. Here's the list:

ZXSpT.png

(Note: Orange's color group is Brown due to the lack of an orange group)

Pokemon by dex color: http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/List_of_Pokémon_by_color
Pokemon by body style: http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/List_of_Pokémon_by_body_style

Thoughts?

myrrhman

Challenge God
Years
OHMAHGAWD LEGENDZOFTHEHIDDENTEMPLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!111one

I love that show so much. I'm going to do all of these if its a challenge.

darkpokeball

Beware the Chainsaw Meowth 0.o
Years
Erm...I wrote an entire challenge thing and then I realized that I couldn't take part in it. So, here it is if anyone wants to post it:

ZOMBIE APOCALYPSE! Pokemon Challenge:

Rules:

How a pokemon is infected:

A. Another pokemon uses the move Bite or Crunch onit.

B. If your pokemon faints.

C. If a pokemon is poisoned.

D. If your pokemon continually misses, with zero toone accuracy lowering moves(3x in a row or higher), it is a symptom that yourpokemon is infected.

E. If your pokemon is paralyzed, you cannot switchit out. It is paralyzed until it gets to a PokeCenter.

F. No potions. Only PokeCenters can heal you.

G. If you want to catch a pokemon, their healthmust be in green when you catch them. The only status infliction you may causeis Sleep.

H. You must nickname every pokemon you catch.

I. No trades or hacking until challenge is completed.

J. No daycares or rare candies. Every level gainedmust be through battling.

. These are some additional rulesfor those that want an extra challenge:

A. Absorb/Leech Life/Giga Drain/Mega Drain…any movethat inflicts damage on the opponent, while also restoring the users life a bitwill infect your pokemon.

B. The pokeballs the professor gives you at thebeginning are prototypes of an improved heal ball to contain the virus. Assuch, these are the only pokeballs you may use throughout the entire game.

C. The virus is in the air. Every two gyms, flip acoin. If heads, your lowest level pokemon is killed as it is not strong enoughto survive the harsh air. If tails, your highest level pokemon somehow catchesthe virus.

Completion:

R/B/Y/FR/LG: Beat the Elite Four. Extra: Beat/Catch Mewtwo.

G/S/HG/SS: Beat Red.

R/S/E: Beat the E4. Extra: Beat/Catch Rayquaza.

D/P/PT: Beat the E4.

B/W: Beat Alder.

Sign-Up:

Username:

Trainer Name:

Game:

Additional Rules: (Just write A if you'redoing additional rule A or write ALL OF THEM if you're doing all of them. Youcan do anything, B and C, A and B, B and C…whatever. Just specify.)

Completion: (If you are doing the challengeon R/S/E, R/B/Y/FR/LG then specify if you're just going to normal completion orthe Extra.)

Enigma

[i][font=Noto Serif][color=#e2ad53]The [color=#d94
Years
Here's a challenge idea I have:

Pokemon meets Legends of the Hidden Temple! Pick a team, and you can only use Pokemon of the specified Pokedex color and/or Body Style. Here's the list:

(Note: Orange's color group is Brown due to the lack of an orange group)

Pokemon by dex color: http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/List_of_Pokémon_by_color
Pokemon by body style: http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/List_of_Pokémon_by_body_style

Thoughts?

OHMAHGAWD LEGENDZOFTHEHIDDENTEMPLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!111one

I love that show so much. I'm going to do all of these if its a challenge.

Exact same feelings as myrrhman here. I don't even care if I have like 200 challenges I need to be doing

Seriously, it's a great idea, Luigi. You should make the thread! :)

darkpokeball

Years
To answer the above:
-If a pokemon is infected, you must release it. If you keep a zombie pokemon on your team, then it might affect others.

-I completely forgot abut those moves. Yes, Bug Bite, Hyper Fang, Super Fang, the biting moves will all infect.

vaporeon7

My life would suck without you
Years
To answer the above:
-If a pokemon is infected, you must release it. If you keep a zombie pokemon on your team, then it might affect others.

-I completely forgot abut those moves. Yes, Bug Bite, Hyper Fang, Super Fang, the biting moves will all infect.

I think the challenge is way too confusing to be honest and most people will be turned off by all of the confusing rules. Also, the use of 5 Pokéballs is far too challenging, especially when that gives you a max of 6 Pokémon per challenge, which the chance of the weakest being killed off every two gyms.

darkpokeball

Years
I think the challenge is way too confusing to be honest and most people will be turned off by all of the confusing rules. Also, the use of 5 Pokéballs is far too challenging, especially when that gives you a max of 6 Pokémon per challenge, which the chance of the weakest being killed off every two gyms.

Thanks for the feedback! But the weakest being killed of every two gyms is an additional rule for those that want the ultimate challenge. You end up with two pokemon if you do it. But anyways, can you tell me what rules strike you as confusing? I will try to modify them to clear them up.

Enigma

Years
Well, I've prepared myself for Spring Break already; I've made two notepad files full of teams and games for challenges. I'm not sure how many I'll actually get done within a week, though. I've been mentally timing myself on some of my recent challenges to see approximately how fast I can play through a game of each generation, given time just to sit down and play without many disruptions.

Anyone else prepare a boatload of challenges for their break, or am I just that crazy?

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
No, you're not alone. I plan on working on my challenges and RNGing some stuff. I'm only doing two challenges right now, cause I feel bad when I do too many and get distracted by other stuff and don't update. But yeah, I'll be working on mine and can hopefully get some updates in on both of them. tbh, I wanna get back into normal runs a bit, and experiment with weird movesets. idk, not many challenges I like that are up right now.

That in mind though, if anyone's submitted a challenge in the past week and it hasn't been approved, sorry about that. I'm on a dloa (obviously) and I think I'm the only staff member that understands this forum...lol. So yeah. If that's the case though, you can hold your horses till the 29th and everything will be spiffy again. And if you can't wait, then put on a diaper in case you pee on yourself in anticipation.

OHHH. And I'm delving into my little mind trying to think of a good event. It's been a crazy year and I haven't had time to post any, and I didn't want repeat events like the St. Patrick's Day event from last year. This event won't have anything to do with the Get Together this year though, don't worry. ...Or worry. Whichever you want.

Enigma

Years
Myrrhman gave me the inspiration to start 'combining' my challenges. I've always thought about doing it, but I never actually needed to do so until now, since I have like hundreds of challenges to do. Hundreds of challenges sounds intimidating, but after combining some, it should almost cut that amount it half. Within my notepad files, I have one for monocolors and one for monotypes, and I can actually combine a lot of them. Because the Monocolor Challenge says ultimates have to go in order, I have to skip around a little with my monocolors, but I figure it'll all be alright and okay in the end.

As of now, I've planned the order of my next twenty challenges or so. (If you don't like seeing a magician reveal her challenge plans tricks, then don't click the spoiler)
Spoiler:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back