• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Gen 4] Quartet Adventure (Platinum)

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 2, 2024
- Platinum Version -

Quartet Adventure

[h1][/h1]Hi, I just finished playing X for the first time and realized I got overwhelmed by all the pok?mon I could use, and my team was badly balanced regarding levels. So for the next game on my backlog, I thought I'd go with a team of only 4 pok?mon! Super simple really, and it's really just to make it a tad bit more challenging and interesting for me. I also see keeping a log as a way to motivate myself to keep going haha...

Rules:
1. I may only use 4 pok?mon in battles, and only keep 4 pok?mon + HM slaves on me.

2. If I capture more pok?mon, I cannot use them at all until I've deposited some in a PC.

3. If all my 4 battleworthy pok?mon faint, I have to either restart from my last save, even if I had HM slaves or recently captured pok?mon on me at the time, or let the rest of the pok?mon simply faint without resisting.

4. The challenge is complete when the champion is defeated.

Yay! Let's go.
It's ok to comment in this thread,
if you for some reason would like to lol.​

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 2, 2024
- Platinum Version -

Update 1

[h1][/h1]Playing as a boy, for a change. Was a girl in both Sun and X.

Started with Chimchar, got the dex and everything. Holy shit I love this game already, it's so much cuter than X. I have never truly played Platinum before, no. (:

Captured a Bidoof girl, named her Baba and declared her to be my lawfully captured HM Slave for this adventure.

Captured a Shinx, a Starly and a Magikarp (route 218 or whatever the little watery one west of Jubilife is called) and thought about raising the Magikarp but decided it would be too much effort.

Beat the Oreburgh gym leader. Coal badge get!

Found a cave and captured a Geodude but decided against using it on my team too. Also a Ponyta but I'm not a fan of having two fire types on a team of 4 mons, so I let her silently slide into the box as well.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 2, 2024
- Platinum Version -

Update 2

[h1][/h1]I should make a bit more detailed update, I suppose.

My starter "CHABE" evolved to Monfero before the Oreburgh gym.

I reached Floaroma town and wow it's cute! Battled some Galactic grunts and basically so far they seem to be exactly the same as Team Flare in terms of activities and goals........ But less cringey than Flare haha.

Captured a pink Shellos and decided that water/ground/pink is an amazing addition to my team.

Made short story of the Valley Windworks episode and really enjoyed going through Eterna Forest with Cheryl. Was a different take on the traditional "early game forest" in pok?mon games.

Reached Eterna City and just beat the grass Gym. Forest badge get!

Team:

[h2][/h2]
391.png
CHABE the Monferno Lv 23 ?
Fury Swipes - Mach Punch - Ember - Flame Wheel
422-w.png
SAIY the Shellos Lv 22 ?
Hidden Power ??? - Rain Dance - Water Pulse - Mud Bomb
399-m.png
BABA the Bidoof SLAVE ?
Rock Smash

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 2, 2024
- Platinum Version -

Update 3

[h1][/h1]Uh ok, a lot of stuff happened. Met Cynthia and hatched her egg and put the Togepi in the computer. Nope. Chased team Galactic out of their building in Eterna, so I could get a bike.

Mostly I must have spent half an hour running around with a girl called Mira in Wayward Cave. It was good grinding to get Shellos to evolve though, since she kept healing my mons up!

After that, I walked and walked through more route until Hearthome where I beat the leader after annoyingly much effort - her Mismagius knew Psybeam and Magic leaf urgh. But, Relic badge get!

I also have an Eevee now all of a sudden, but idk if I'll use it, since I only have 4 slots and might want something psychic and electric. Or something. I haven't planned this as much as I could have, hm.

Amity Square was adorable though <3 Also, apparently there's something called the Underground where I can't do much because this game is offline these days. I am a decade or two late, ah.

Team:

[h2][/h2]
391.png
CHABE the Monferno Lv 31 ?
Feint - Mach Punch - Ember - Flame Wheel
423-w.png
SAIY the Gastrodon Lv 31 ?
Body Slam - Rain Dance - Water Pulse - Mud Bomb
399-m.png
BABA the Bidoof SLAVE ?
Rock Smash - Cut

Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Sep 24, 2023
Oooh I love this idea. I always feel like there's too many Pok?mon to choose from. I'm gonna try it one day (maybe)

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 2, 2024
Oooh I love this idea. I always feel like there's too many Pok?mon to choose from. I'm gonna try it one day (maybe)
In a way, it makes the playthrough easier hahaha because if you only focus on 4 pok?mon, they grow faster, but you're not quite as restricted a when doing a solo/duo species run... I would also add a rule that you can't use any traded pok?mon; I mean, trade for evo is of course fine, but not pok?mon with other OTs. Since then it would be super duper easy to grow them. In Platinum though, since I don't know anybody IRL with a cartridge who can trade with me, and online services are long gone, there's no trading to be done :D aaa

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 2, 2024
- Platinum Version -

Update 4

[h1][/h1]I'm updating after every badge, basically haha. Sometimes there's a lot in between and I play it a bit too fast to remember what's going on, hmm.

I fought Barry and beat him pretty easily.

Went through Solaceon and omg I just read a walkthrough and realized that there was a Thunderstone there that I didn't fetch! Need to go back ASAP. Jolteon, you'll be mine. Unless I find Electabuzz first, but idk how long that'll be. I've also considered using Glaceon, but I think I'd still rather go with a Psychic type. Maybe? Or Dark. I should make a little calculation about type coverage, I think.

And then I scratched all of that and decided to train a Roselia with Grasswhistle, Poison Spikes, Leech Seed and Magic Leaf. Yay. Also there's now a Staravia DEFOG/FLY slave and I forgot to nickname him, bawww.

Went into the tower for a while but it was mostly annoying.

Felt like I was on Route 210/215 forever. Pretty cool level design. It wasn't a pain to be there, it was just really long. I think I somewhere here caught a new slave, Bibarel. No offense, BABA the Bidoof, but BIBI was bigger stuff.

In Veilstone... I don't think I did much? I immediately went to Route 214 and spammed Magic Leaf on Rhyhorns and Gravelers to level up ROOD the Roselia quickly. Then the gym, and the puzzle was annoying haha but I managed at last. Beating the pink haired girl was a breeze. Cobble Badge get!

Team:

[h2][/h2]
392.png
CHABE the Infernape Lv 38 ♂
Close Combat - Mach Punch - Ember - Flame Wheel
423-w.png
SAIY the Gastrodon Lv 36 ♀
Body Slam - Rain Dance - Water Pulse - Mud Bomb
315-f.png
ROOD the Roselia Lv 36 ♀
Grasswhistle - Poison Spikes - Leech Seed - Magical Leaf

400-f.png
BIBI the Bibarel SLAVE
Rock Smash - Cut
397-f.png
Staravia SLAVE
Defog

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 2, 2024
- Platinum Version -

Update 5

[h1][/h1]Okay I don't remember what I've done really, but I beat Crasher wake and got his badge!

Also finally realized that Rotom was near the beginning all this time, and went back to gather it. Finally an electric type on my team, haha.

Now I'm in Canalave and just beat my rival, which was surprisingly difficult.

Team:

[h2][/h2]
392.png
CHABE the Infernape Lv 42 ♂
423-w.png
SAIY the Gastrodon Lv 41 ♀
Body Slam - Muddy Water - Water Pulse - Mud Bomb
315-f.png
ROOD the Roselia Lv 40 ♀
Grasswhistle - Petal Dance - Leech Seed - Magical Leaf
479.png
ROSCH the Rotom Lv 23
Shock Wave - Confuse Ray - Shadow Ball - Double Team

400-f.png
BIBI the Bibarel SLAVE
Rock Smash - Cut - Surf
397-f.png
Staravia SLAVE
Defog - Fly

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 2, 2024
- Platinum Version -

Update 6

[h1][/h1]God this game is so pretty and fun. I used a shiny stone to evolve my Roselia. First time ever I've had a Roserade! It pretty. Not very useful but idk, we'll see if I keep it for E4.

The cave adventure with Riley was meh. He only had one pokémon?? At least he healed me up haha.

I just beat Byron - steel thingy badge get!

Team:

[h2][/h2]
392.png
CHABE the Infernape Lv 43 ♂
423-w.png
SAIY the Gastrodon Lv 43 ♀
Body Slam - Muddy Water - Water Pulse - Mud Bomb
407-f.png
ROOD the Roserade Lv 40 ♀
479.png
ROSCH the Rotom Lv 31
Shock Wave - Confuse Ray - Shadow Ball - Double Team

400-f.png
BIBI the Bibarel SLAVE
Rock Smash - Cut - Surf
397-f.png
Staravia SLAVE
Defog - Fly

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 2, 2024
- Platinum Version -

Update 7

[h1][/h1]Okay so... A lot of stuff happened, and I need to learn to write notes down or pause more often when I play to write logs lol. Not going to go over it all - most who read this (as if anybody reads this ahah) has probably already played the game anyways.

But I got a few badges, have 7 now. And I went to the Distortion world WOW that was a wild ride. Further confirmed and steadied my opinion of Platinum basically being low res Sun/Moon. Distortion world looked much like the UB world (but even weirder). Super cool either way, and I used my Master Ball on Giratina because why not c: It's on my team now. I guess.

Yeah, I think I'm breaking through the 4 mon thing, because while it was fun in a way, since I hadn't found the electric/psychic types I wanted, I battled Cyrus at the end with 2 pokémon near his own levels. Infernape and Gastrodon. I used SO many hyper potions and full heals. Jesus it was exhausting. but we pulled through in the end (idek how) and well.

Now I'm going to catch myself an Azelf and see if it could be nice as my psychic type. Otherwise, I'll go for Espeon. And then I'll still want a Magnemite or Electabuzz, haven't decided yet. Kind of want to skip Raichu since I always ALWAYS use Raichu in any game haha. And maybe I'll also want Giratina on the team. RIP 4 mon challenge

If I do opt to keep Giratina on, I'll post again to officially say I've given up the challenge (since my mons won't be overleveled, facing the E4 with 4 mons might be TOUGH AF) and then I might also keep Roserade on the team for lulz and love.

Onwards to Lake Valor!

Team:

[h2][/h2]
392.png
CHABE the Infernape Lv 51 ♂
Close Combat - Mach Punch - Rock Climb - Flame Wheel
423-w.png
SAIY the Gastrodon Lv 49 ♀
Body Slam - Surf - Water Pulse - Mud Bomb
407-f.png
ROOD the Roserade Lv 40 ♀
133.png
EEVZ the Eevee Lv 28 ♂
Quick Attack - Helping Hand - Sand-Attack - Growl

397-f.png
Staravia SLAVE
Defog - Fly

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 2, 2024
Yeah, I'm bad lol. I've decided to go with a 6 mon team after all, (Magnezone, Giratina, Azelf and possibly Yanmega take the other 4 spots beside my main champs Infernape and Gastrodon). So this challenge is failed, I suppose (;

I'd probably like to do a 3 or 4 mon challenge in a game I know better though, but for a first run, when I ran kind of blindly without knowing what to expect or how to plan, it was quite tricky for a noob like myself :D

Back