• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.
  • Want to share your adventures playing Pokémon?
    Check out our new Travel Journals forum for sharing playthroughs of ROM Hacks, Fan Games, and other Pokémon content!
  • IMPORTANT: Following a takedown request, the following hacks have been delisted from PokéCommunity:

• Pokémon Glazed
    • Pokémon: Giratina Strikes Back
    • Pokémon Flora Sky
    • Pokémon Stranded
    The downloads and discussion threads for these hacks will no longer be accessible, and staff will be unable to return questions regarding accessing this content.

[ARCHIVE] Simple Questions (SEARCH BEFORE ASKING A QUESTION)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Haz

Haz ya seen my hack?
Years
unLZ. Open the ROM and search for the sprite of oak. If I recall it is somewhere around 1350 as the offset, just search that offest and then browse the surrounding offset. once you find it click import and import your image. use free space finder to find free space, and adjust the sprite pointer.

http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=165124

there is a guide to give you more specific details, just find Oak in unLZ and follow the same steps.

I mean the text part but thanks.

Years
  • Seen Jul 17, 2011
Hello, I have successfully done the three following things in Pokemon Platinum:

Type Editing, Sprite Editing, Base Stat Editing

Now of course this is old, by the forum's standards, however I feel there is something more to it.

If someone for Pokemon Platinum, could give me the offset in which "battle music" starts? If I have that, I would try to make a table out of it.

Thanks.

Shadow

Original Flavor Darkness
Years
I'm using Vista if that helps. And where is C:/windows/system32/?
C is your hard drive. Open up Computer and browse to your hard drive, then browse to the windows folders, then browse to the system32 folder.
Hello, I have successfully done the three following things in Pokemon Platinum:

Type Editing, Sprite Editing, Base Stat Editing

Now of course this is old, by the forum's standards, however I feel there is something more to it.

If someone for Pokemon Platinum, could give me the offset in which "battle music" starts? If I have that, I would try to make a table out of it.

Thanks.

There's actually a thread below where people are compiling information in regards to generation IV hacking. Best to ask in there. I wouldn't think that'd be a "simple question" or rather, common knowledge. As this thread is meant for.

Blech, I see you've already found that thread. Though I still think it'd be better asked there. I wouldn't consider much in regards to D/P/P hacking to be a "simple" question yet. Not many have delved too far into it.

Worldslayer608

ಥдಥ
Years
It still doesn't work. Does anyone have A-text that works? Can they link it 2 me?

It is not A-Text it is Vista. I am running Windows7 Beta, and have the same issue, it is just the windows 6.x frame sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't. I have yet to find out what actually causes it but I am pretty sure it is a security feature. Try putting the system files in the same folder as A-Text

destinedjagold

You can contact me in PC's discord server...
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Dec 23, 2023
You missed my 2nd one, I know that it has to be scripted but how?

search in the documents and tutorials.

In Advance Map, is there an undo button or something like that? It would be helpful.

nope, there's no UNDO button as of yet...
you can suggest that in LU-HO, the creator of A-Map, in his suggestion thread.

Hi im just wondering if there is anything wrong with this script because i just freezes up on me when I try to activate it.

Spoiler:

Script questions should be asked in the Script Help Thread.

I know this has been asked before, but it hasnt gotten a full response yet

Which pokemon hacks are completed or are close enough to completion?

The only ones i know of are Quartz, RijonAdventures and ShinyGold

I have created a thread before about the complete hacks.
You should check it out.

I'm using Vista if that helps. And where is C:/windows/system32/?

I heard that some tools won't work on Vista. :\

Years
  • Seen Jun 6, 2014
Platinum hacks

platinum just came out...
and tools for hacking the 4th gen is still being worked on.
try looking somewhere else, for probably there lies what you're looking for. :\
indeed? I have looked and did not find, though I can positively say that I have two hacks that were made for D/P and work for plat. The stat editor works for plat, and the moveset editor .. well, it doesn't work, but if you pull the corresponding file out of Diamond with nitro and alter it, then you can stick it back into platinum.. and plat loads. No idea if it works yet.. I just need something to alter the starter pkmn mostly.

How long shall I need to wait for basic hacks to come out?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back