• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen The X/Y Rumors Thread!

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
He's been right about the sky battles too.

I find it extremely hard to believe he's not in the know. It couldn't be slapping us any harder in the face.

He's obviously not in the know. He got one of his name leaks completely wrong, he said gogoat was the only rideable pokemon, dual type attacks don't exist, his Fairy type match-up so far was wrong since they don't appear to be SE against Dark types and he never listed them being strong against Ice types. He has half hist stuff right. Others called the Sky Battle thing, they admitted their work was fake. Does it mean thier stuff is true now? Nope. Someone on pokebeach and pokejungle also located a supposed thread where the guy said his info was false.

So he's got a 50:50 record on being right and wrong. He's got no credible hold.

Years
  • Age 31
  • USA
  • Seen Mar 11, 2024
And now they showed three potential rivals, opposed to the two... his credibility is dropping like a fly.

And if you count the unselected protagonist, that's four. It seems like he's either a good guesser, just like other fakes have been in the past, or he's legit but he added in a bunch of wrong stuff just for laughs.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
that too, or Gf changed several things from the last time they updated the guy...which would make sense. Meaning that the rumors we have now are practically obsolete or indeed fake.

Years
  • Age 31
  • USA
  • Seen Mar 11, 2024
that too, or Gf changed several things from the last time they updated the guy...which would make sense. Meaning that the rumors we have now are practically obsolete or indeed fake.

That's certainly a possibility. But if it is the case, Game Freak works fast, because it's no small or easy feat to design, model, and program in an extra rival, and additional Pokémon to ride and make sure all the bugs are worked out.

Years
That's certainly a possibility. But if it is the case, Game Freak works fast, because it's no small or easy feat to design, model, and program in an extra rival, and additional Pokémon to ride and make sure all the bugs are worked out.
Well we don't know for sure when the guy "supposedly" got the info, could've been ages ago with enough time for GF to make changes. Plus there's still four months to go...exactly as today's the 12th of June! Of course they're proably done now.

Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen May 13, 2022
He was also right about the first gym being Bug-Type. And don't you think it's a weird thing he told us about Sky Battles for Levitate and Flying Types only becoming reality?

blue

gucci
Years
He was also right about the first gym being Bug-Type. And don't you think it's a weird thing he told us about Sky Battles for Levitate and Flying Types only becoming reality?

Yeah I noticed that too, he mentioned that the first Gym would be Bug, the second would be fighting? (I can't remember) and the fourth being Fairy. I think a Fairy gym is highly likely since this is the generation that introduce the new type all together.

Which one did he get wrong? I don't recall any of the four being wrong...

I still believe what he said, I don't see any real substantial reason not to believe it.

He actually did say there will be two rivals like in Black and White and from what I've collected, there is more than two.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Aug 21, 2021
He actually did say there will be two rivals like in Black and White and from what I've collected, there is more than two.

I still think it's weird though.

Even if he got one of the names wrong out of the four....he still got three correct. Does that count for absolutely nothing?

I just don't think he should be completely discounted if he has more to say at some point in the future.

Not to mention do we have confirmation that they're all proper rivals?

Years
Yeah I noticed that too, he mentioned that the first Gym would be Bug, the second would be fighting? (I can't remember) and the fourth being Fairy. I think a Fairy gym is highly likely since this is the generation that introduce the new type all together.

You got the second and fourth mixed with each other, the rumor says Fairy is second and Fighting is fourth ^_^.

I think there should be a dark as Dark didn't get one for it's own introduction region...

Well it doesn't really matter much if they're "Proper" rivals or not as GF will proably consider them rivals just like they did with the opposite sex character in RSE.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
I still think it's weird though.

Even if he got one of the names wrong out of the four....he still got three correct. Does that count for absolutely nothing?

I just don't think he should be completely discounted if he has more to say at some point in the future.

Not to mention do we have confirmation that they're all proper rivals?

He only gets credit for two names. Everyone got gogoat so no credot can be given. Many sites wrote the japanese name as gogoat before his reveal surfaced. He still slso put 100% behind his name for pamcham. Meaning it was that name for that reason. If he had absolute confidence it was as he said then he would have been right. Two lucky guesses with the names out of four. 50% is failing grade.

He's still has had about half his stuff confirmed true and confirmed false. He should not have had a confirmed false at all. The favt he's getting only half his info right means he's lucky. Someone also posted that he claimed his stuff false like mr. Xy did. They said there was a discussion on 4chan and wpm apologized for posting rumors and stopped posting them because they kept admirting they were fake.

Years
  • Seen Apr 7, 2014
Keep in mind that these three/four characters might not specifically be rivals. They could just be recurring characters of another sort, and the characters you'd call "rivals"- those who get their own starters and who directly challenge the player- could be a couple of other characters. Or only one or two of these kids are the rivals, and the others are just friends.

The other thing he supposedly got wrong was Gogoat being the only ridable Pokemon, but with the way that was worded he might have only meant in Lumiose City. If I remember correctly, the Rhyhorn and the like are only ridable in later areas- He got this info by playtesting, right? Maybe he just didn't get that far before passing on the info.

Honestly, I don't think it's possible for this guy to have gotten so much right just by guessing, and there was no reason for him to deliberately give false info before it all blew out of proportion.

SolarAbusoru

Go Go PokéRangers
Years
It's pretty much confirmed that these 4 characters are all your rivals as they all begin in the starting town and are all starting on their Pokemon journey with you, so yeah, that makes 4 Rivals.

SolarAbusoru

Go Go PokéRangers
Years
...That's...quite a lot of rivals, I thnk that's the most rivals anyone's ever had in any Pokemon game. o_o; But, should be fun nonetheless to have rivals. I think GF is still going to stick to the whole "childhood rivals" thing, which appears to be what the rivals are. I kind of wanted a more tougher rival, but hey, I don't have an issue with this. xD;

Actually they're not even childhood rivals, you're meeting these 4 for the first time at the beginning of the game, as evidenced by a screenshot of Shauna giving you her name.

Years
Yeah, it's sort of like RSE when the main character moves in and meets the opposite sex character, except XY have three more you're meeting at the start (RSE also had Wally but he came later). Speaking of moving...where is the player character from? Unova maybe? I mean RS said the player came from Johto which was the previous generation at the time (this was cut from Emerald's story).

Either way the rumors have been wrong again, so we should no rely on them as they aren't 100 % correct as Xander has been saying many times now.

SnowpointQuincy

Seeker of FRIEND CODES
Years
Rivials are Boss Battles. BW had Bianca or Chren battle you after every single gym. With more rivals, we can have the same number of boss battles, but more variety in who we fight.

Nakala Pri

So this happened... I guess this confirms these rumors as true...

Spoiler:

Still I don't think it is all accurate to a tee... Fairy should be strong against Ice as well, right?

I made this for the new typing...

iJUDj0G.png

Those first three rub me the wrong way... I like the rival giving me their start... That means I can get Chespin and get Froakie later :D... But I will want Squirtle... If I want to use them, I'll have to pick Fennekin and get Chespin :(... Dammit I want to ride my Pokemon... Even if its just a Speed EV minigame... HMs... No me gusta... Belch... Another attack to use up a slot for the one use you have for it... I told everyone there was a new form and nobody believed me... I wanted a Water/Dark frog, since we have a Water/Fighting Frog already... Only redeemable course is a ninja frog...

Well, unless you are a Snow Fairy I really don't see how you could defeat ice in any way. If anything, Ice would freeze the Fairy! Plus Grass and Fairy would be neutral because Fairies live in nature. :P

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
I honestly thought that light reflects off of ice (if not, shines through it) but doesn't do any exact damage to it, so it'd be either "not very effective" or it wouldn't have any effect on ice at all.

On a separate note though, I see Fairy and Ice being neutral to each other, for some reason. Maybe that's just me, though. If Fairies were to be weak to ice because they could freeze, by that logic, they should be weak to fire as well, since they could burn, and then they should be weak to water as well, because theoretically they could drown, etc etc.

Too many typing inconsistencies, really. .__.;

Fairies, as according to the Sylveon skit are SE against ice types. Keep assuming that Ice is weak to Fairy until proven otherwise. Other than that the match up logic you have is not logical at all. You can drown plants and burn water, so by what you say Fire should be SE to water and Water SE to Grass. We know this is not true. You're over analyzing this. We only know 1 match up as given by Gamefreak at E3. We have two highly supported possibilities as shown on Smash. Concerning both Fairy Types and Sylveon we know very little but we do have some solid info not to jump to conclusions or make extreme guesses.

Concerning the rumored match ups, all of them, they're pretty much false. Dark doesn't seem to be weak as Hydreigon survived a Special Attack looking Fairy Wind from a base stat 125 Sp.atk Gardevoir with STAB. Unless the attack itself was like 40BP it would have OHKO'd it if x4 weak. So those that fid not list Ice or those that listed Dark as weak to Fairy are fairlyfalse at this point.

SnowpointQuincy

Seeker of FRIEND CODES
Years
Fairy SE to Ice is just stupid. That's like giving Grass a weakness to Fairy. Ice and Grass have more weaknesses than anybody else. Why add more?

What was the evidence behind Fairy>Ice? I never saw what it was.

Back