• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.

Did You Ever Get Emotional in Mystery Dungeon?

Burritoburger

Shiny Hunter/Trader
Years
I only played through Sky, and at the end, after the credits rolled, I had the close the DS before I exploded in a mass of tears. I never cried whilst playing the game. But when I listen to the music?
I only ever cry from this game from giddy nostalgia. If I listen to the treasure town theme, I may as well ball up in a corner and cry. Which is funny, my first run of the game was only a few years ago.

Lunarose

replaced by lies
Years
  • Seen Nov 26, 2020
I remember tearing up at bit in the ending when I first beat Blue rescue team. Explorers of time was pretty sad too :( This series was truly amazing, but from the little I've played of the newest version it doesn't seem the same.

Mew

The New Species Pokémon
Years
I actually almost cried at the end of Gates to Infinity. What made it sadder than the other games is the fact that
Spoiler:

OMG I HATE GATES TO INFINITY IS SO LACKLUSTER AND GAAAAY Just kidding. I liked it. The older games were too hard.

Warrior Rapter

Dinosaur Pokemon Trainer
Years
I always felt like I was actually my character in-game. Whenever I play a PMD game, I don't know what it is, but I feel attached enough that I'm inclined to give all my team's recruits actual human-like names instead of my usual assortment of nicknames. That could've played a part in it.

Chocolate™

Awesome Dragon
Years
I don't really cry while playing videogames but the end of Explorers of Sky was sad. The nice thing about Mystery Dungeon is that they have the element of emotion that other games lack.

Years
It was quite sad in Pmd series

Explorers of darkness: Grovyle going back to the future, after beating Dialga

Gates to Infinity: it was actually scary when they couldn't breathe in the glacier palace
And when Hydreigon sends me back to the human world

Tcoppy

Favorite Stand
Years
I never played the newest version yet, so I don't know much about that, but Red Rescue Team and Explorers of Time...oh my god, I can't even begin how depressed I was. I didn't cry or anything, because it's video games..not a big deal. But I did get depressed.

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 27, 2014
The only game throughout the franchise that I cried for the intended purpose. Played through all of the series and I feel the second installment was the best out the series Sky/Darkness/Time. Maybe even the best out of the entire franchise for me, and it was something new.

slim spazzy

Kik: spazzyda59
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jan 15, 2017
Well to be honest i did not cry but the end of sky and red rescue team left me with a heavy heart !

Back