• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Watch out for Ghosts...

Meadow

[span="font-family: Handlee; font-size: 15px; font
Years
Watch out for Ghosts...

What's that noise... oh, sorry, hi. Let's chat. Say anything you want, anything at all, I like to talk about Pokémon... at least I think I do...? Let me tell you a story...

Once upon a time there was a thread. This thread was a simple thread to chat about Pokémon in, just to chill back and have fun with friends, and we kept a counter going as we posted just to see how far we could get. Then they came... The more we spoke, the more things began to feel strange. People... changed, in that thread. One minute my friends would be acting completely normal, the next minute they'd change, they'd attack us, they'd scare us half to death. We began using the counter as a method of tracking their progress, trying to find the patterns they played by... We worked out that every time the counter hit 100, another of our friends would change into one of them. But when we reached 150... everything seemed ok again. Everything seemed cleansed. Other than the one unfortunate soul to still be counting... We only reached higher than that once, before the attacks came again - we thought we were in the clear, until I began to change myself. I'd hit 200. I started to twist, change... I never returned to how I used to be. I'm different, I'm changed. I scare myself sometimes, but I prefer to scare them instead... Sometimes I'll just shout "BOO!", and they all just have to start over again...

Now that you know my story, come count with me...

Becoming a Ghost

• If the counter reaches 100 on your post, you will turn into a Regular Ghost.
  • If the counter reaches 150 on your post, you will turn into a Super Ghost. Upon your transformation, every other Ghost is cleansed and returns to being human.
  • If the counter reaches 200 on your post... good luck. You are now a Permanent Ghost, and you cannot be cleansed in any way!
  • As a Ghost, you can post "BOO!" to scare the thread at any time, resetting the counter to 0.
  • Feel free to post which Pokémon you want to be when you become a Ghost! It doesn't have to be a Ghost-type; you can be the spirit of any Pokémon species!

As the only Manipulator Ghost, I will be able to "BOO" whenever I see fit. However, I will only "BOO" strategically to keep the number of Ghosts under control.

Rules

• All Pokémon Trivia rules apply.
  • With every new post, increase the counter by 1.
  • If a Ghost says "BOO," the counter is reset to 0.
  • Upon reaching 200, the counter is automatically reset to 0.
  • This is a chit-chat thread, so feel free to be creative with conversation topics! You don't have to stick to a certain topic as long as the conversation flows normally.
  • All posts should relate to Pokémon or the Pokémon Trivia section. Please do NOT make number-only posts!
  • Try not to reset the counter too much at first—we want a few ghosts to build up before the counts get more intense!
  • Have fun, or else!

Current Ghosts

Meadow
541.png

Manipulator Ghost

CodeHelmet
038.png

Permanent Ghost

Hyzenthlay
251.png

Regular Ghost

The Count Begins...

Alright, now let us begin the conversation!

So... what are your favorite regions in the Pokémon world, and why?

Last edited:

Lycanthropy

[cd=font-family:Special Elite;font-size:16px;color
Years

Hey a reboot, let's go!~

I'm a huge fan of Sinnoh personally. The region feels like it was put well together, with various types of terrain, great atmospheric music and a fun decent-sized post-game island. On top of that you could also explore the entire region again below the ground.
Of course, a good amount of nostalgia might also be the reason why it's my favorite. :D

Years

I'm torn between Johto and Kalos. They both are full of atmosphere and unforgettable places, but I spent more time in Johto, so I would go with it. I also like Johto's lore and history more.
Kalos is close behind though.

Hyzenthlay

[span=font-size: 16px; font-family: cinzel; color:
Years

Sinnoh, beyond doubt! Biased, me? Of course not! What a suggestion.

Pearl is the game that really got me into Pokémon, so naturally I have a soft spot for its region! It's just so colourful and diverse. Not only the Pokémon, but the towns and cities, too. Every Gym Leader is a blast to fight against! Plus, Cynthia is clearly the best Champion. :D

Last edited:
Years

I have only explored Kanto (minus Sevii islands 6 and 7) and Orre completely, while only explored some of Johto (via a fan-game that included both Kanto and Johto regions), Heonn, and Unova. I would also put the regions from the GBA and DS Mystery Dungeon games, but those don't have a name to my knowledge. I would say Explorers of Sky is the game I had the most fun with in the Pokemon series, but I'll just say Kanto since it is the region I am the most familiar with.

Years
  • Age 36
  • Seen Feb 9, 2024

I don't think I've ever really thought of it but I guess I've always liked the Kanto region I mean I always put Vermillion City as my location....lol. I think a close second would be Kalos.

CodeHelmet

Banned
Years

Kanto for me seeing as I own Pokemon Yellow(and nothing else) and my favorite Pokemon is Vulpix(wherein I can acquire it for Rocket Game Corner coins each time I play or via Ditto Glitch if I so choose).

Anyone have a fastest completion time for a game or better yet 100% Pokedex time? On my latest run through the game, it took me 130 hours to fully complete the Pokedex. Granted... I only have 151 to "catch" but I have no means of trading and I had to grind so many Pokemon to a particular level before evolving them via Evolution stone(like Shellder and Growlithe, both of whom I had to grind to 50 for Ice Beam and Flamethrower respectively).

Got to love Ditto Glitch... caught Mewtwo without having beaten the game :D

Years

There are already ghosts among us, Ghost Pokemon to be exact. Wouldn't that mean every thread is infected, even if we aren't talking about ghosts?

CodeHelmet

Banned
Years

Haven't looked at said thread but I've been engaged with FTE and recruiting more players for it. At some point it might take a week just to do a single round lol.

Years

(Sorry Lycan, didn't respond to the poll since I can't play Sun and Moon, no 3DS)

Kind of wish FTE would progress a little faster, but that's life. I've done games like this before and to me it got tedious after a while to maintain them, but maybe it won't if an update only happens once a day or once every 2 days.

Last edited:

CodeHelmet

Banned
Years

(Sorry Lycan, didn't respond to the poll since I can't play Sun and Moon, no 3DS)

Kind of wish FTE would progress a little faster, but that's life. I've done games like this before and to me it got tedious after a while to maintain them, but maybe it won't if an update only happens once a day or once every 2 days.

One way to speed things up is to basically place a time limit for people to place their moves. Say 72 hours for our side to converse and settle on our moves and then Lycan can execute enemy moves the next time he's on. Granted, waiting on the outcome of some moves can be beneficial but in the interest of speeding things along, I may be for placing a time limit.

For those who know they'll be away, they can delegate their moves to someone else or simply yield the ability to move their character to someone they trust.

Last edited:

Lycanthropy

Years

I get what you're saying, but I don't want to rush the game to a point where it gets too stressful for people to thoroughly consider their moves. Although the two-front combat situation the game is currently in helps a lot, there are still a lot of people others might be waiting for. As long as there's a decent progress every day, I'm fine with it personally. If it does get stale, the rest of the team gets to decide what the absent people would do.

No worries about that! The poll is for your team of the upcoming Get Together. Most of the events won't even require a 3DS to participate. ^^

Years

Guess who's back after about 2 weeks of having bad internet connection? It's not perfect, but at least I can load pages now.

Anyway, I don't mind longer turns, but I can already guess how many times I'll forget to move.

Lycanthropy

Years

I see the Fini team is getting desperate enough to resort to shady plays in order to win. And that even before the Get Together has begun. Pathetic. ;]

Back