• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Why is everyone afraid of hacked pokemon?

Status
Not open for further replies.

aspie3000

Unova Champion
Years
I don't do the whole online thing. I'm not computer savy, I don't want to spend extra money on whatever it is you need to be online, I just enjoy playing my game, and action replay allows me to do different things with it, I do not competitively battle so there isn't any unfairness there, and honestly I don't even use any cheats to level up my pokemon, change their stats, or any thing, I just like getting rare pokemon at the beginning of the game so I can actually use them. Because honestly there are a whole bundle of pokemon that you can't get until you beat the game, and when you get them what's the point? You can't play through the game with them, because you've already beaten it, so the pokemon is just an ornament.

The Last One

Stalking Your Conversations
Years
I don't do the whole online thing. I'm not computer savy, I don't want to spend extra money on whatever it is you need to be online, I just enjoy playing my game, and action replay allows me to do different things with it, I do not competitively battle so there isn't any unfairness there, and honestly I don't even use any cheats to level up my pokemon, change their stats, or any thing, I just like getting rare pokemon at the beginning of the game so I can actually use them. Because honestly there are a whole bundle of pokemon that you can't get until you beat the game, and when you get them what's the point? You can't play through the game with them, because you've already beaten it, so the pokemon is just an ornament.

umm you know you can play it AGAIn right? because how else are you supposed to get all your pokemon to level 100?.. exactly.. play it AGAIN

and what do you mean byu "beat the game" because you must have all Pokemon to "beat the game" correct? or are you just simply saying beat the Elite Four the first time? because taht is not beating the game

aspie3000

Unova Champion
Years
Ummm no if you want to play it again and fight the 8-16 gym leaders, go trough the story, and fight the elite four (you know, the stuff that makes it fun) you have to start the game over, and doing so erases all of your pokemon, and some people don't want to spend 100+ dollars on another DS and game to trade the pokemon over, and I do not care about getting all of the pokemon, so as far as I'm concerned, after the champion it's game over.

The Last One

Stalking Your Conversations
Years
that is not true for let's say Leafgreen and Firered, after defaeating the champion the first time, you must go to islands 1-7 and complete all the stuff there, you can also then breed after defeating the champion the first time, THEN after you are done at the Islands, you can go back to the Elite 4 and there you go, they are even MORE powerful then.. so actually it isnt over in taht case after u defeat the Champion.. and having rare/legendary Pokemon in the beggining ruins the morals of how Pokemon is suppsoed to be played, if you wanna get pissed off because your pokemon were not strong enough for 1 opponet, you go and train, that is how it was meant to be played

aspie3000

Unova Champion
Years
No you don't understand, I train my pokemon like crazy, I just do not see the point in owning a rare pokemon if you won't be able to use it against the gym leaders and elite four in the main storyline, which is over by the time you beat the elite four the first time. I never said that I was mad because my pokemon weren't strong enough.

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
I'm not a good breeder. I don't wanna spend time breeding for perfect IVs, natures, abilities, etc. If I were a competitive battler, I personally wouldn't mind battling a hacked team that was hacked in such a way it wasn't possible to tell. That's what a lot of YouTube battlers do and personally, I don't blame them. I mean, you build your own Pokemon in PO to my understanding. Only difference with using something like PokeGen or PokeSav is that you're actually putting it on your game. I don't see a big deal, unless you're hacking crazy stats and the wrong moves, abilities, etc and making it an obvious hack. Theeeen we'll have a problem. And I don't wanna be traded a hack. idk. I personally don't hack, but if other people wanna, then go ahead. Kinda ruins the fun, but as far as competitive stuff goes, it just cuts back on it. We're not all breeding geniuses and not all of us have the time to EV train, let alone breed anyway.

Last edited:

Pokemon Game Fan

The Batman
Years
It isn't as rewarding to use hacked Pokemon, as others have mentioned. Not only that, but some people hack stats, or as someone said above, hack Wondereyes or Wondertombs.
Personally, I don't care if people hack, it's their game, but if they use them online, now that's just plain wrong. I would also personally never hack, it isn't as fun. For instance, putting a cheat to make it so you always get shinies or using the RNG trick (which is cheating, no matter what anyone tries to cover it with), wouldn't be as fun as using the Mesuda method (which isn't a cheat, as it was purposely put in the game..) or soft resetting with legendaries until you get a shiny. I mean, how awesome would it be to finally get a Shiny Rayquaza after like 50 SRs and then training it to level 100? It would be a hella lot more fun than just hacking it to be shiny, level 100, Flawless IVs, and etc.

Porygon Z

721 and counting!
Years
I'm not afraid of them, it's just unfair to play competitively with hacked Pokèmon.
I mean, would you like to face a Max SP.Atk/Max Speed Wondertomb, maybe with some boost in these stats to outspeed your Pokès and kill you?

Years
The only time I've ever hacked a game to get Pokemon was to get a few legendaries in Black that I couldn't get otherwise (Arceus, Genesect, Darkrai, etc.) I didn't hack them to be at level 100, or to have certain stats or moves; I only wanted to get them somehow because it didn't seem fair that the game developers wouldn't let me. As a matter of principle, I don't hack under normal circumstances.

Years
  • Seen May 16, 2014
I'm not scared of hacked Pokemon, I just get really annoyed with them at times. If someone wants to hack themselves a Legendary or event Pokemon that's fine with me, heck, even teams of Pokemon are okay, as long as they're "legitimately" hacked. The 4 teams I use for competitive battling on Black are all hacked (I <3 you Pokegen) but their stats, moves, and abilities are all still "legal". What makes me ragequit is when I'm battling someone who clearly has cheap, "illegal" Pokemon, like a Jolteon with Volt Tackle or No Guard Hypnotizing Gengar.

Spending hours EV training and breeding just seems pointless to me when I can make an entire team in around 25 minutes, the fact that I hack my Pokes doesn't mean I love 'em any less or that I'm not as good of a battler, I'm just lazy :p

aspie3000

Unova Champion
Years
I'm not scared of hacked Pokemon, I just get really annoyed with them at times. If someone wants to hack themselves a Legendary or event Pokemon that's fine with me, heck, even teams of Pokemon are okay, as long as they're "legitimately" hacked. The 4 teams I use for competitive battling on Black are all hacked (I <3 you Pokegen) but their stats, moves, and abilities are all still "legal". What makes me ragequit is when I'm battling someone who clearly has cheap, "illegal" Pokemon, like a Jolteon with Volt Tackle or No Guard Hypnotizing Gengar.

Spending hours EV training and breeding just seems pointless to me when I can make an entire team in around 25 minutes, the fact that I hack my Pokes doesn't mean I love 'em any less or that I'm not as good of a battler, I'm just lazy :p

You hit the nail right on the head, If you "hack" a pokemon it should NOT be cheap like making your pokemon's sats be like 500 or giving crobat Hydro Cannon. The problem is that people think that most "hackers" do that, when I use action replay to get pokemon, the pokemon are normal. In fact I really do not consider them "hacked" because they are exactly the same as normal pokemon, when you get a pokemon with AR you modify the pokemon that show up in the wild.

Years
  • Seen Mar 8, 2012
I personally avoid hacks because even if most reports of game-breaking ones are exaggerated, I'd prefer to keep my game clean.

I'm okay with others using them so long as they don't try to pass them off as legit in battles or trades. However, obviously fake hacks (shinies with perfect IVs and illegal moves and abilities...) are simply ridiculous.

Years
  • Seen Nov 22, 2012
Is it considered cheating if you trade your started to another game and raise it there then trade it back

is it considered cheating if i traded my starter pokemon to another game and raised it to level 100 and traded it back (it still listens to me because the game its on now is the OT

Last edited:

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
dejaybee, please don't revive threads that haven't been posted in in over a month. This is from last year. ;( Feel free to make a new thread for this topic though!

Locked.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back