• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The F(A?)WB discussion thread

Iqid Loopz

This sentence is a lie.
Years
Almost done Chapter 10 yeaa! High five! Anyone? oh...okay...Well this chapter wont be in 2 parts. Ran out of ideas for this one but yea. But the other story I somewhat started-ish. But its all good! My parents are out for a week. All nighters all week long! Booya! Damn you writers block.

psyanic

pop a wheelie on a zeitgeist
Years
  • Age 27
  • USA
  • Seen Apr 10, 2023
For the past thirteen days, I have written 504 words. And I'm still not sure if I like what's written, so I'll end up re-plotting the current chapter or take it out entirely. Not a productive month at all. I guess it's been nearly impossible for me to get started writing, since I'm still in the opening scenes. Hopefully, once I get over this hurdle, I can start to catch up to four chapters...

WHY DID I SIGN UP FOR THIS

icomeanon6

It's "I Come Anon"
Years
I have news that will shock you all: I am behind schedule!

So I'm 3,300 words into chapter 3, which leaves almost 2000 left for that chapter, and then I'm ostensibly supposed to write chapter 4 and a short little nonsense story. I figure if I can average more than 500 words a day from now on, I might be able to pull it off.

Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen yesterday
I managed to finish the three scenes I wanted done for the other project. As for my Digimon fic, chapter three is started with four pages, and I fully plotted out that chapter and the next one. So it will be easier...if I could just find my notebook, which is buried on my desk under a massive amount of books.

I should be able to reach my goal, since I've written chapters in a week before. I'm going to have to see and make more use of my free time.

icomeanon6

It's "I Come Anon"
Years
As for my Digimon fic, chapter three is started with four pages, and I fully plotted out that chapter and the next one.

Digimon ficcers unite!

I had a pretty big breakthrough with my Digimon fic today; got 1,500 words down to finish chapter 3! I'm going to post it tomorrow after editing. Yay, editing!

So, feeling better about my chances to emerge victorious.

(Also, hope all you not-living-with-your-parents types called your dads today! If you're on the west coast it's not too late!)

Vato

This Is Our Last Goodbye
Years
After hitting my head against the wall over and over again, I FINALLY managed to finish Chapter V, it should be around here soon.
But I still need to write another 7 chapters, why did I sign up for this anyways?

Iqid Loopz

This sentence is a lie.
Years
Yup, I am screwed. I already know im going to fail this challenge Xp wasnt really productive for that past 2 weeks and didnt even start chapters. Why did I sign up for this. Oh yea. "It's going to be fun" It can Bieber my bojangles. Good luck to the rest. Ill try releaseing a chapter before the month ends.

Bay

Years
Managed to get a couple scenes done for my second untitled fic and a tiny, tiny bit editing/writing on "1:10 to Central." The untitled fic I just need one or two more scenes left, but urgh don't know how to end it! >.>; As for the second project, need to figure out how I'll get scene A to scene B. And oh, action scenes, oi.

Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen yesterday
I...started a completely different fic. I had a plot bunny hit me one night, and it wouldn't leave me alone. I already typed up two pages of random scenes for that.

As for the fic I'm actually supposed to be working on: WHY IS THERE SO MUCH RESEARCH TO DO? I barely look into anything for information with my other fics. Maybe just little canon facts. But this Digimon fic. I'm looking up information about what day April 1 was back in 2002 just to make sure that the characters could not go to the DigiWorld the next day because it was not a Saturday.

That takes up a bulk of my writing time, with the research on the details. Right now, I'm adding in scenes for chapter three, which the muse and I hope to have done by Saturday. Then it's just a quick rush to finish chapter four by the end of the month, which should hopefully happen.

If I don't get distracted by so many Let's Plays and podcasts.

:( to Iqid. You tried. The challenge is definitely making a comeback, though I don't know exactly when (hence the "annual?" in the title). You can try again then, and just keep writing at your own schedule until then. Good luck on the next chapter.

Good luck to everyone actually!

Heh heh Bieber

Vato

This Is Our Last Goodbye
Years
9 days left, 7 chapters left, means I will completely fail in this thing... unless I go rushing across the story, but that wouldn't be any good, either...
Sigh... sucks for me.
Guess I'll just go outside and go 'WHY DID I SIGN UP FOR THIS?!'... again.

icomeanon6

It's "I Come Anon"
Years
@Vato: Nevar give up!!!

Seriously, don't give up, even if the goal becomes obviously impossible. Getting as far as you can is its own reward, because that will give you an idea of what a better goal will be for next time. I don't think PCFF&W has had this manner of contest before, so my first thought was "Man, some folks are going to bite off way more than they can chew. I'd better do the opposite so I don't go insane." A man-vs-self competition like this can make for a great learning experience.

On that note, I'm having a blast with this blitz. This Digimon story has been stewing around in my head in various forms for maybe four years, and now that it's finally moving along it's like a massive weight is being lifted off my shoulders.

1000 words into chapter four right now, and itching to write the rest of it!

Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen yesterday
I don't think PCFF&W has had this manner of contest before
This is a completely new contest brought to this section. The idea was brought up two(?) years ago, and at the beginning of this year, I really wanted to bring it to the masses. I expected some people to think up rather impressive goals for themselves. And now, as Magic Legume said, everyone knows for next time what they can do.

This contest isn't a competition between everyone who signed up. There's no prize for finishing except for reaching your goal; there's no loss for not finishing, except you do gain some experience and still make progress on your story/ies.

It's the participation that counts. Not only does everyone who signed up and wrote towards their goal helped themselves, but this section got a boost of activity between this thread and the chapters/reviews for those chapters posted.

I could finish this off with a cheesy saying...

Or I could add to the wish for Vato not to give up. You still have nine-ish days to write before the month is over. Just keep writing and be happy with the progress that you did make.

Iqid Loopz

This sentence is a lie.
Years
Screw it. Imma pull off a Lebrone and get those rings! Well Imma wright and finish as much chapters as I can in one sitting. Living off of Tim Hortons donuts, ice caps, chinese food, and twinkies.

Need to write dialogue scripts for the next few chapters then the painful description writing. Grrr. Also I cant do the special chapter. I need 2 authors willing to have their fics, making a special cameo appearances in the chapter.

Impossible to reach my goal, but still going to murder a few chapters just to make myself feel good. I'm a sick sick person.

Last edited:

icomeanon6

It's "I Come Anon"
Years
4,600 words into chapter four, which leaves just one long scene to go.

We're approaching the home stretch, people, just four days left! Finish strong!

I just remembered that once this chapter is done, my goal also includes a gag one-shot. Crap, crap, crap! *gets ready to power through chapter.*

Years
  • Seen Jan 27, 2018
Three days left and I haven't posted a single chapter yet, lol. Signing up for this might activated some bad luck charm for me:x

Impo

Playhouse Pokemon
Years
Yay I'm on 15,000 words for my personal story, and now that exams are over and the holidays are beginning I hope I can motivate myself to get through a good 5,000-10,000 words!

Bay

Years
Um, instead of focusing on my written goals I was busy writing a different fic (Avengers 2012 movie verse, noir AU) and about to do another different fic I didn't sign up for. >.>; Still productive writing wise I guess, but got distracted wanting to do other short term projects. :x Also my muse seems to not want to focus on my two other blitz stories at the moment, so I'm not going to force it.

Cutlerine

Gone. May or may not return.
Years
Well, I've written... five chapters. Exactly half of what I was supposed to do. And I have to say that it doesn't look all that likely that I'm going to get any more done before the end of the month.

Doesn't really matter. It's like seeing a corpse: so it goes.

F.A.B.

Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen yesterday
I don't think I'm going to make it either. I only have two days left for writing, and both of those I'm going to be away from the house.

Plus Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story is a really addictive game. Darn you, Mario RPGs!

Chapter four is halfway done, and the heavier plot stuff is almost out of the way. I just have to write a battle. Really though, I'm glad that I managed to write what I did, especially given the amount of research for this story. Especially since my muse is wanting to get back to writing Pokemon fanfiction.

Vato

This Is Our Last Goodbye
Years
Haven't written much as of late :P
Turns out Pokemon Black 2 was better than I expected... that, and I also spend days looking for a male Mareep!
Anyways, I revamped the Fic (again) but I'm still writing. Thanks to those people who told me not to give up. I know I won't reach my goal, but, who cares?
After all, there ain't no winner in this right?

Back