• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Silver hack: Pokémon Dark Energy - Beta 5 Released

Years
  • Seen Sep 30, 2020
So Team Darkness of dark energy would be similar to a leadership hierarchy kinda similar to Cipher? You know, like an organization with delegated administrators, bodyguards, or benefactors? As opposed to just random mini-bosses most villainous teams have.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Jun 5, 2016
When I patch the 3.1 version to the 4.0 version I cannot use fly anymore. I have the badge for it. My charizard knows fly. I am not in the area that doesn't permit me to fly around I just simply cannot fly anywhere anymore. Anyone else have this problem? Is there a glitch that isn't reported? Am I not patching the game properly? Please don't ask "are you in the new area?" because I've already answered that. Please help!

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Jun 23, 2014
Hi there,

It must've been 7 or 8 years since I was in a forum. And the reason I'm now here is to keep updates on the progress of Dark Energy. I've played a few hacks and none were comparable to yours.
Thank you for creating such a great game based on the greatest (in my opinion) version of Pokemon (silver). I'll make sure that my kids (in the future) play this game and not those newer versions with over 600 pokemon...

Do you have an estimate on when you will be done with this hack (I'll wait as long as need to anyway, just asking)? I know you have already spent years on it, which I find remarkable.

miksy91

Dark Energy is back in action! ;)
Years
Alright, thanks. And of course, here it comes: What exactly does the 9999BP one do? I mean, I know what it does, (don't wanna spoil it for others) but is it necessary for a sidequest or something?
Yeah, it's necessary for one specific sidequest.
(There's a time limit with it.)

So Team Darkness of dark energy would be similar to a leadership hierarchy kinda similar to Cipher? You know, like an organization with delegated administrators, bodyguards, or benefactors? As opposed to just random mini-bosses most villainous teams have.
Kinda, yeah. There is the leader (who Maxime came to see in the intro cutscene), Maxime himself (won't spoil his part in the team), General (that lady you see in Granaldo City) and Captain. Apart from them, there may be other persons "at similar level" to the Captain who you will run into later in the game when you approach the HQ of the team.

When I patch the 3.1 version to the 4.0 version I cannot use fly anymore. I have the badge for it. My charizard knows fly. I am not in the area that doesn't permit me to fly around I just simply cannot fly anywhere anymore. Anyone else have this problem? Is there a glitch that isn't reported? Am I not patching the game properly? Please don't ask "are you in the new area?" because I've already answered that. Please help!
Actually, I was just going to say that you've probably done something wrong, but then I remembered...

That is one of the reasons why I asked people to start over from the beginning instead of using beta 3.1 save file. You will never get Fly working if you use beta 3.1 save - that is because it's using "game over sequence fly protection" to prevent Fly from working.

You should really start over from the beginning though! There are lots of other things there that may not work either, and besides, you'll see a lot of new stuff if you re-start the game as well.

Hi there,

It must've been 7 or 8 years since I was in a forum. And the reason I'm now here is to keep updates on the progress of Dark Energy. I've played a few hacks and none were comparable to yours.
Thank you for creating such a great game based on the greatest (in my opinion) version of Pokemon (silver). I'll make sure that my kids (in the future) play this game and not those newer versions with over 600 pokemon...

Do you have an estimate on when you will be done with this hack (I'll wait as long as need to anyway, just asking)? I know you have already spent years on it, which I find remarkable.
Thank you :) I'm glad you appreciate the work I have put into this.

I have actually no idea when this hack will be complete. There is another interest I have that I should even spend much more time on than rom hacking (specifically, bowling). I've had a habit on trying to do my very best at everything I start doing, and recently, bowling had taken over the time from rom hacking.
I'll probably get back to editing Dark Energy pretty soon though, but really, I have no idea when it will be done (or when I'll even get the next beta release out). But the hack ought to be done someday :)

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Jun 23, 2014
If I may, I remember one thing that surprised and disappointed me a tiny bit: It's the level of the catchable super Onix. Maybe I'm the only one, but after defeating the level 70 Super Onix from the gym Leader, I expected that the Super Onix in the Lair to be at least the same level..
Have you considered raising the level?

Years
  • Seen Jun 5, 2016
Actually, I was just going to say that you've probably done something wrong, but then I remembered...

That is one of the reasons why I asked people to start over from the beginning instead of using beta 3.1 save file. You will never get Fly working if you use beta 3.1 save - that is because it's using "game over sequence fly protection" to prevent Fly from working.

You should really start over from the beginning though! There are lots of other things there that may not work either, and besides, you'll see a lot of new stuff if you re-start the game as well.

It's a great game I'd just like to say. I did end up starting again. I'm up to the part at the bridge where I think you meet roland? After you give the guy the first-aid kit and then the game crashes. It crashes as soon as he tried to move to meet you. I get a message like this: "Unknown opcode f4 at 457b"

miksy91

Years
If I may, I remember one thing that surprised and disappointed me a tiny bit: It's the level of the catchable super Onix. Maybe I'm the only one, but after defeating the level 70 Super Onix from the gym Leader, I expected that the Super Onix in the Lair to be at least the same level..
Have you considered raising the level?
Had to spend a little while thinking what you were even talking about there...

Anyway, the old crystal based Dark Future has nothing to do with this, and besides, that "Super Onix" Chuck had was a normal Onix at lv70, nothing more. The Super Onix of this hack is indeed at lv40 from the start, but all of its stats are way higher than those of Onix (so it's probably already better than a lv70 Onix or so).
I don't see any point in changing its level since your team should be at lv40 at the point when you meet it or so. Of course, you could catch Articuno (which is at lv50) already before getting to the point when you can reach Super Onix but most players wouldn't think of doing that, so it deserves to be a little "overleveled".

But yeah... if not yet at lv40, but later on (at lv60 or so), Super Onix is probably the greatest pokemon of the entire game due to being able to defeat pretty much anything besides grass and water types.

It's a great game I'd just like to say. I did end up starting again. I'm up to the part at the bridge where I think you meet roland? After you give the guy the first-aid kit and then the game crashes. It crashes as soon as he tried to move to meet you. I get a message like this: "Unknown opcode f4 at 457b"
Hmmm... I really wonder why that happens since the script itself works 100% accurately. Sounds like you may have used a different rom file than Silver (U) rom for patching, so I'd say, return to some area you have been before (for example Area 100), use a save state there, download that Silver (U) rom and do re-patching using that. Then, rename it the same as your existing rom file, put it in the same folder as that and start playing and see if the Roland event works then. It should.

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Sep 2, 2013
hey ;) im new and need help. i really want to play this rom and downloaded it a lot of times but it always says unable to load file

Aleister

Will-o'-the-wisp
Years
@Dahnes
You should use this ips file to patch original Pokemon Silver(U) rom. If you don't, the game will never run. (Other words, it's only patch not full game 'cause forum rules forbid rom uploading.)
Use Google and find 'IPS Patcher' (e.g. IPSWin), it's really easy in use ;).

Last edited:

miksy91

Years
Where could I find TM 27 Return and TM 21 Frustration, since the game seems to be missing the days of the week feature?
All of the TMs will probably be eventually obtainable.
Anyway, according to my documenation, TM27 is already obtainable but I have no idea where. Probably as a hidden item if you haven't gotten it though (most if not all hidden items are easy to find!).

i'm hearing good things about this hack and wish to give it a try. Just wanting to know how far Beta 4 goes?
I'd say, this already offers more gameplay than R/S/E does.
But the hack is still far from complete, and recently, I haven't had much time or interest in working on this. So go and download it, beta 5 won't come in a while.

Years
  • Seen Dec 14, 2021
So, FINALLY, after months I started playing this hack again!

I just started, and as I said months ago, I started from the start(I haven't even left the starting town) and I already see there have been improvements!

Even though I say that, I don't remember all of what has changed and what was the same!

1. I see that you are no longer the kid who runs to his study call!I have said before how much people hate being reminded about having to go to school, so I'm glad this changed!

2. I like how you can change channels with the radio!

I mean, sure you could do that before with the Pokegear, but now you have it in almost every house, and there are way more soundtracks!

Hoping for more!

3.Team Darkness got a new sprite?!?

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Of course, these are just small appetizers!

I do have a few things that I want to discuss, but I will leave it for some other time!

I can't w8 to see what more this new version has to offer!

miksy91

Years
So, FINALLY, after months I started playing this hack again!

I just started, and as I said months ago, I started from the start(I haven't even left the starting town) and I already see there have been improvements!

Even though I say that, I don't remember all of what has changed and what was the same!
Hello !Max!! Just realized that indeed, you haven't either played beta 4, or given comments about it like you did with previous releases. Could be fun reading all you can pull out once again, so if you're on for it, I'll try to do my best to reply you back about the questions as well.

1. I see that you are no longer the kid who runs to his study call!I have said before how much people hate being reminded about having to go to school, so I'm glad this changed!

2. I like how you can change channels with the radio!

I mean, sure you could do that before with the Pokegear, but now you have it in almost every house, and there are way more soundtracks!

Hoping for more!

3.Team Darkness got a new sprite?!?

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Of course, these are just small appetizers!
2. I don't think I'll be doing any changes to the way radios function now. The only real reason why I even bothered changing how they work is because they used to play that "Prof. Oak's Pokemon Talk". Sure, I could have only changed that but I was like, "yeah, let's do something bigger with this thing as well if I bother changing it.".

3. Indeed!

4. He didn't actually suffer from a seizure, but instead, he fell down due to something that happened when the screen was black. Might have something to do with Maxime, especially since he had that strange thunder-looking emoticon on his head. And the game plays the flash effect sound while at it as well.

5. It's actually still your Eevee there - with re-drawn graphics that is. I could explain how it works but I'd rather not - it would take some time and I'm not sure you understood it either :P Sorry, hahha! :D

I do have a few things that I want to discuss, but I will leave it for some other time!

I can't w8 to see what more this new version has to offer!
Okay, that's cool.

Hope you enjoy it (yeah... you will)! And I'm looking forward to more feedback as well!

miksy91

Years
any more betas coming up?:)
I'm not quite sure what to do about this project at the moment. I have had so many other things in life that I haven't had any time to hack. Or more like, I prioritise several other things higher than rom hacking these days.

Another problem with Dark Energy is that I'm really not satisfied with it! I'd like to do something better than this. DE has lots of extremely neat things in it and it's quite disappointing that this hack isn't given the credit it deserves. Even so, I'd like it to be better. And what I mean by this is that I didn't plan it out the "right way" from the start. It's hard to explain really... but that's how it is.

miksy91

Years
okay.... a little disappointed cause dark energy really is fun so far btw where can i find the flash hm???? i cant find it
I suppose you have just reached Argent Warehouse... If that's the case, use that Surf HM to journey east from The Capital. You'll get HM Flash in Brightbulb.

Back