• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon: Liquid Crystal [3.3.xxxxx Live Beta]

Years
  • Seen Jul 5, 2013
Somebody should give me detailed insructions on how to download this onto android. Puters down, and I like playing handheld instead anyway. Ive had no problem playing offical nintendo roms but this has gone and got me stumped. Thanks

ISNorden

Teddiursa
Years
A few game-play questions here; please forgive me if I seem clueless--

1. I just got a TM from a resident of Violet City; how do I teach a specific Pokémon the move it contains?
  2. Is there a way for the player to access the bag when he's NOT in battle or at a Pokémon Center? Otherwise, items like the Escape Rope seem pointless.
  3. I know the Unown in the Ruins of Alph are supposed to spell something important, but the few I recognize in the background art seem random (and one looks more like a number than a letter IMO). Could someone please give me a hint?
If anyone can help with these problems, I'd appreciate that a lot. Many thanks!

EDITED TO ADD: I'm playing Version 3.1 of Liquid Crystal, on the latest version of Visual Boy Advance (if that makes any difference technically). If you need the keys I chose for a "joypad configuration", please ask; for some odd reason, the keys I chose for Left/Right buttons don't work.

Last edited:

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
Years
So where this beta ends?? and I AM STILL WAITING THE NEXT!!!!! :'( :'(
BEST HACK OF THE YEAR !!!!!!!
It ends after the first island badge.

Where/how can you actually catch Moltrees/Articuno/Zapdos? Haven´t met them yet though I´m sure they´re in caves with an blocked entrance...
You need to have Yellow, Blue and Red Flutes and put them into Pedestals west from Cherrygrove (I guess) and then they will be available on their FR locations.

A few game-play questions here; please forgive me if I seem clueless--

1. I just got a TM from a resident of Violet City; how do I teach a specific Pokémon the move it contains?
  2. Is there a way for the player to access the bag when he's NOT in battle or at a Pokémon Center? Otherwise, items like the Escape Rope seem pointless.
  3. I know the Unown in the Ruins of Alph are supposed to spell something important, but the few I recognize in the background art seem random (and one looks more like a number than a letter IMO). Could someone please give me a hint?
If anyone can help with these problems, I'd appreciate that a lot. Many thanks!

EDITED TO ADD: I'm playing Version 3.1 of Liquid Crystal, on the latest version of Visual Boy Advance (if that makes any difference technically). If you need the keys I chose for a "joypad configuration", please ask; for some odd reason, the keys I chose for Left/Right buttons don't work.
Um... you open the bag with Enter and use the TM... there should be nothing wrong...

Years
  • Seen Jul 5, 2013
Scratch my prior question. Figured it out, lot easier than it seemed originally. But heres a question, can I get the other two starters and if so when/how?

ISNorden

Teddiursa
Years
Are chikorita, charmander, squirtle and bulbasaur available? I read somewhere that every pokemon was obtainable with this game, is that true?

I got Chikorita as a starter myself; there are a few other Gen II Pokémon (not legendary or uber-ish, just favorites) that I'd love to catch in this game if it's possible. Unfortunately, one of them isn't available in unhacked FireRed except through trade...with no wireless service and only VBA to play on, I might be out of luck unless the hack developers changed that. *shrug*

Years
I got Chikorita as a starter myself; there are a few other Gen II Pokémon (not legendary or uber-ish, just favorites) that I'd love to catch in this game if it's possible. Unfortunately, one of them isn't available in unhacked FireRed except through trade...with no wireless service and only VBA to play on, I might be out of luck unless the hack developers changed that. *shrug*

So what pokemon CAN'T I get on this game..?

Years
Scratch my prior question. Figured it out, lot easier than it seemed originally. But heres a question, can I get the other two starters and if so when/how?
Yes you can have all the six starters in Liquid Crystal.;)

Are chikorita, charmander, squirtle and bulbasaur available? I read somewhere that every pokemon was obtainable with this game, is that true?
Yes all the pokes up to Gen 3 are available in Liquid Crystal and yes read mu above comment

Last edited:
Years

Yes all the pokes up to Gen 3 are available in Liquid Crystal and yes read mu above comment

Okay well can you tell me HOW I can get them? And I've checked the pokemon location list and it doesn't look like all up to gen 3 are available, unless I'm reading it wrong.

ISNorden

Teddiursa
Years

Cool...have you considered writing up a guide to finding the eligible species that don't normally appear in FireRed, in your hack? I'd like to cross a few favorites off my to-catch list, if you could please give some hints. :)

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Jan 19, 2016
Guess in order to get Torchic atm I will need to trade over or use a gameshark then right? Is there a move tutor that teaches Thunderpunch in the game? In Crystal there was at game corner but only on certain days. I am wondering if that is still the case or if there is another move tutor that teaches thundermoves in Liquid Crystal?

Years
  • Seen Jul 6, 2013
I'm having a problem and I hope someone here can help me out, I already searched but didn't find the answer I am looking for.
I think I sold my Red Flute :( is there any way to get it again? Because otherwise I won't be able to catch moltres right?

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Jan 19, 2016
I'm having a problem and I hope someone here can help me out, I already searched but didn't find the answer I am looking for.
I think I sold my Red Flute :( is there any way to get it again? Because otherwise I won't be able to catch moltres right?

It's a key item. You did not sell it it's impossible since it a keyitem. The game won't let you sell it.

Years
  • Seen Mar 18, 2014
hey guys great hack , how is the trading system going ? i recently started playing emerald on my android and i hope i can get my pokemon to liquid crystal if possible, the game is just superb
i am using gameboid

greetings

Years
Guess in order to get Torchic atm I will need to trade over or use a gameshark then right? Is there a move tutor that teaches Thunderpunch in the game? In Crystal there was at game corner but only on certain days. I am wondering if that is still the case or if there is another move tutor that teaches thundermoves in Liquid Crystal?

Actually you can buy thunderpunch at the goldenrod gym, Ijust taught it to my typhlosion.(:

hey guys great hack , how is the trading system going ? i recently started playing emerald on my android and i hope i can get my pokemon to liquid crystal if possible, the game is just superb
i am using gameboid

greetings

:o can you explain what you're doing?

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Jul 6, 2013
It's a key item. You did not sell it it's impossible since it a keyitem. The game won't let you sell it.

It's not in my key items bag, nor are the White, Yellow, Blue flutes. The Red Flute is supposed to be obtained from Axel right? Because Axel isnt my rival anymore (17 badges atm, finished special HQ)
If I'm wrong could anyone please tell me where to get the Red Flute?

Years
  • Seen Mar 18, 2014
:o can you explain what you're doing?

nothing special , just installed gameboid , changed the settings to save flash 128K
i had been playing emerald for about a week and i have some decent pokemon and i was hoping i could get them to liquid crystal

Years
  • Seen Jul 5, 2013
Has volt tackle been put into this game? Also I read somewhere on here you can catch Larvitar in Mt. Motar? Is this true? I need to know, both are the essential to my prefered party and i do not want to trail all the way thru the game to get larvitar... again

Back