• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[TehTehTehTeh's] XSE Basic/Medium tutorial

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
Sorry if anyone else has asked but what would a mareep be for the xse scipt?

Spoiler:

There you go :)

Cheesymitten

Dukcs
Years
  • Seen Jun 5, 2015
Spoiler:

There you go :)
WOAH! how did you know that?

HackMew

Mewtwo Strikes Back
Years
  • Seen Oct 26, 2011
Mareep is some number in the Pokedex, then use the hex/dec calculator in XSE to change it to hex. Bingo.

Yes, but there's no need. What about:

Code:
#include stdpoke.rbh

'something...
givepokemon PKMN_MAREEP 0x5 0x0 0x0 0x0 0x0
'...

HackMew

Mewtwo Strikes Back
Years
  • Seen Oct 26, 2011
what does that mean sorry i'm really confused by this stuff :D

In plain English it means you don't need to remember weird numbers nor to convert them to hex or something.

Last edited:

Bluewarwolf

Teh n00b haxorz
Years
  • Age 36
  • Seen Nov 19, 2008
What's wrong with this script? I haven't been able to get it to work..... all the person does is just stand there, and nothing happens. Also, no other script works either :( One other thing..... is it normal that when you start the game after scripting, that the game is a little.... "laggy" I guess you'd say? Like, I can press Left and my character goes Left twice or all the way, even if I let go. Just an example. Anyway, here's the script:

#dynamic 0x71B69C

#org @start
lock
faceplayer
message @1
boxset 0x6
givepokemon 0x6 0x5 0x0 0x0 0x0 0x0
message @2
boxset 0x6
release
end

#org @1
= Have a Charizard\n, on the house :)

#org @2
= You got Charizard!\nWhat a nice guy.

zak

xpert trainer
Years
outa the game

hey i've been outa the game for a while, i'm not even 100% sure i should post this here, but yeah, i used to script with pokescript this is like a year+ ago i haven't touched a rom or emulator in ages (runscape got me) and now i wana get back into scripting so i'm working with xse, but i need to know how to find free space for scripts, aby suggestions on a tool or on how i can find free spaces for scripts?

Thanks in avance ~Zak

Hiche..

Years
  • Seen Dec 27, 2014
hey i've been outa the game for a while, i'm not even 100% sure i should post this here, but yeah, i used to script with pokescript this is like a year+ ago i haven't touched a rom or emulator in ages (runscape got me) and now i wana get back into scripting so i'm working with xse, but i need to know how to find free space for scripts, aby suggestions on a tool or on how i can find free spaces for scripts?

Thanks in avance ~Zak

You can use Free Space finder.
But I advise you with HEX. Search for a lot of FFFF, and you will see on the left, the offset.
Type it in the #dynamic 0xoffset.

If you want also, XSE has a free space finder( Tools>Free Space Finder)

zak

xpert trainer
Years
You can use Free Space finder.
But I advise you with HEX. Search for a lot of FFFF, and you will see on the left, the offset.
Type it in the #dynamic 0xoffset.

If you want also, XSE has a free space finder( Tools>Free Space Finder)

wow can't believe i missed that lol, thanks alot.

*edit* i load my rom etc, or even when i open a script with advance map, the free space finder on xse is always grey and i'm unable to click it 0.0 any idea why?

HackMew

Mewtwo Strikes Back
Years
  • Seen Oct 26, 2011
wow can't believe i missed that lol, thanks alot.

*edit* i load my rom etc, or even when i open a script with advance map, the free space finder on xse is always grey and i'm unable to click it 0.0 any idea why?

Yes, you need to put FSF inside the folder where XSE is. Besides, you will need FSF only one basically.

zak

xpert trainer
Years
FSF is Free Space Finder. Also, please don't use fillers to bypass the 25 character limit.♥

sorry, been a long time since i posted on ere lol, also in this tutorials am i allowed to ask people to make me a script? obviouslyl ike not every script for my game, but like a few examples that i could fiddle around with? :nervous:

~Teh Panda~

Back in hacktion
Years
  • Seen Jul 20, 2022
sorry, been a long time since i posted on ere lol, also in this tutorials am i allowed to ask people to make me a script? obviouslyl ike not every script for my game, but like a few examples that i could fiddle around with? :nervous:

Tat is the script request / help thread ;) in the scrapbox and it is a sticky

~Teh Panda~

Back in hacktion
Years
  • Seen Jul 20, 2022
Hmmm... Would anyone care for my next tutorial parts?
Or do you guys want this thread to die...

Oh_Delilah

BiNkY
Years
  • Seen Jan 26, 2017
Questions

Hmmm... Would anyone care for my next tutorial parts?
Or do you guys want this thread to die...

Agreed, I like it, though I have a couple of questions... Not about the tutorial but about scripting...

One, with the applymovement command, using Advance Map 1.92 (Or something) would you make the script under, Events > Scripts or Events > People ?

Two, are the flags random free space? Or is there a set list of every single different flag value... Can I just choose any number I wish and put it as a flag? For example 0x456 and 0x85F ?

Cheers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back