• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Team AnimeHax

Status
Not open for further replies.

metapod23

Hardened Trainer
Years
  • Seen Aug 18, 2016
Well, I've been wanting to do this for a while. I want to see if I can get any people on board who are good/better at the things I'm not. This is, of course, for my Pokémon AshGray hack.

Needs:

Overworld Tile Makers
Overworld Spriters
Other Spriters
Music-Hackers
ASM-ers?
Mappers (somewhat)

What I don't need is Scripters. And anyone can Beta-Test, so I don't need "official" beta-testers.

Okay, so for specifics:

Overworld Tiles Makers:
What I really need are people who can draw up some tiles that give the game a more anime-based feel. The examples I have are:

Trees and Pokemon Center:
treesandcenter.png

Oak's Lab:
oaklab.png

PokeMart:
pokemart.png

For the most part, I'm happy with these three buildings and the trees, though I wouldn't mind if someone improved on them while keeping the basic design. What's important is to keep the 2-Dish or less 3-Dimensional design. They should look like they have 3-Dimensions while maintaining that anime-ish, drawn feel.

Specific needs:
Re-designed Gym Exteriors for each of the Gyms shown in the Anime
Pewter Hydro Electric Plant
AJ's Gym
PokeTech School
Giant Mt. Moon Stone
Bill's Lighthouse
Cinnabar Volcano
Anything in the anime!

I'll take anything I can get that fits into the anime and I can fit into the game!

Overworld Spriters
I now can add limitless sprites to my game. So I'm looking for any and all sprites for characters in the anime, including redesigned ones of those that are already there. Including:

Ash
Ash's Mom
Prof. Oak
Gary
All 8 Gym Leaders
Officer Jenny
Nurse Joy
Characters-of-the-week (ex. AJ, Duplica, Flint, etc.)

Each character should have 9 different frames. I don't need any Pokemon, because I'll be inserting HG/SS OWs for those.

Other Spriters:
I've been told my Ash backsprite isn't good. If anyone can do a better job and meet with my approval, go for it. First rule - it has to be significantly different from the original backsprite. It can't be the original backsprite in Ash's clothes. Also, I need a new frontsprite for Ash's Trainer Card.

Also, any re-done trainer sprites. I've got a nice Jessie and James, so I'm not looking for that. But anything else especially as it relates to the anime, like:

New Schoolgirl/Schoolboy (based on Joey/Giselle from School of Hardknocks?)
New Bikers (based on the Bridge Bike Gang)
New Gym Leaders (improved/anime-based Gym Leader sprites)
... Anything else that can be thought of. I will add as much as I can, though can't guarantee I'll add any/everything, because there is a limit.

Lastly, any item sprites that might come in handy:
Pokemon medicine pouch
Pickaxe
Hatchet
Raft
Donut (that looks like a RiceBall)

Music-Hackers
I'm dying to put music from the Anime in the game, but I tried and failed, discovering that I don't know what I'm doing. Any music-hackers that can accomplish this would be appreciated. Some possible songs:

Main Pokemon Theme from the Anime
Team Rocket's motto/song
Pikachu's Goodbye
Sad Goodbye Song (like when Butterfree is released in the Anime)

ASM-ers
Anyone who can do ASM would be a big help to figuring out some things I'd like to do.

One thing I want to do is to make Charizard not obey you when it evolves, similar to how a hacked Mew won't obey, and then be able to change that later. I've tried without success to replicate this in some way.

I'd also like to edit the effect of Rain on the battlefield so that increases the power of electric attacks (like Sunny Day increases the power of Fire attacks); and, if possible, make Ground types not immune to electric attacks, but resistant.

Also, I have a very complicated idea that I don't think can be implemented, but I would like to throw it out there. I'd like to be able to add an additional menu option, similar to the Pokemon menu, but instead it would Allies - a menu you could access to see what human allies you have. Each of these allies should be able to hold up to six Pokemon, and I'd like to be able to switch between them. Three allies is all that's needed. When you switch allies, your sprite should change. This is doable, I believe, with JPAN's hacked engine applied. Not sure about the menu thing and the having six Pokemon thing for each ally, but it's worth it to ask and see if anyone can do that.

Allies should also be able to be removed or added at any time.

I'm not hopeful for this idea to become reality, but it's on my wish list nonetheless.

Obviously, the idea is to have Brock and Misty be your allies; and later maybe have Todd, and of course Tracey. That way you can catch their Pokemon as them, but have them separate.

Mappers
I'm not the best mapper, and a lot of my maps are just using what's already there, since it's based on the same region. If anyone can fix up my maps that I've inserted and make them more presentable and nice looking, I'm all for it. Of all the things I need, though, this is lowest priority, as I feel I've done an okay-enough job to have the story progress. Just keep in mind these maps must be based on the anime-locations.

Okay, lastly, to apply:

Code:
[b]Name:[/b]
[b]Position Wanted:[/b]
[b]Proof of Work:[/b]
[b]Ideas (What are you itching to add my anime-based hack):[/b]

If I use any of your work in the hack, you'll be given credit and be added to the team, with much gratitude. :)

Team AnimeHax
metapod23 - Main Scripter
con-11 - Team Rocket Trainer Spriter
Kyledove & Speed - Some D&P Tiles
spriters-resource.com - Pokémon OWs
SwfitSign - Map Fixer-Upper - ?

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 32
  • UK
  • Seen Oct 17, 2023
I'd love to be a map fixer-upper for you ^^

Some proof of work: 1 2 3

I map for another team but if its just tweaking maps you made to make them purdy then I should have enough time :D

(And if you won't need me for a long time that's O.K. n____n)

metapod23

Hardened Trainer
Years
  • Seen Aug 18, 2016
I'd love to be a map fixer-upper for you ^^

Some proof of work: 1 2 3

I map for another team but if its just tweaking maps you made to make them purdy then I should have enough time :D

(And if you won't need me for a long time that's O.K. n____n)

Those look nice. Okay, I'll add you as a map-fixer-upper. :)

I don't have anything specific in mind, atm, though. Is it all right to just ask you to download the hack and take a look and see what maps you might want to change? At your convenience - like I said, it's low-priority for me. That includes towns/cities, if you want to change their layouts.

Years
  • Age 32
  • UK
  • Seen Oct 17, 2023
Those look nice. Okay, I'll add you as a map-fixer-upper. :)

I don't have anything specific in mind, atm, though. Is it all right to just ask you to download the hack and take a look and see what maps you might want to change? At your convenience - like I said, it's low-priority for me. That includes towns/cities, if you want to change their layouts.

Sure ^^ I'll have a look about over the next few days to see what could be enhanced.

kirbyxox

Hogget
Years
Name:I think it may be kirbyxox not sure though.
Position Wanted:overworld spriters and other spriters. Oh and official
beta tester, just kidding.
Proof of Work:click on link in sig.
Ideas:my ash backsprite in sig click on link.

Years
If you still haven't got Ground to be strong, but not immune to electric attacks there's a tool in the pokecommunity toolbox that allows you to do that

Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Aug 26, 2023
Name:Atif
Position Wanted:Mapping,Spriting.Proof of Work:Some of it is in my sig,Ideas:New Anime Tiles, More anime looking routes.

colcolstyles

Yours truly
Years
Hm, I'm not sure why I didn't notice this earlier.

Shotguner, please don't revive threads that have been dead for over two months.

Closed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back