• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Starter Pokémon

Pick a starter.

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Andrut

Collecting dust since 1898
Years
Basiing on first impressions, I'd choose Chespin. Fennekin is yet another Zorua/Riolu and I hate those. Froakie looks boring, it might have interesting evolutions though.
Secondary type predictions:
Chespin - Ground/Grass
Fennekin - can be anything. Depends on evos.
Froakie - Psychic/Poison

Years
OK, I just re watched the video and it's so clear that they did the most amazing thing yet with the starters.... They made them Fire/Psychic , Grass/Dark , and Water/Fighting !!!!! Just look at the trademark colors for the second attack they all use... Purple waves for the Grass one (i.e. Shadow attacks from Dark pokemon). Pink waves for the Fox (every psychic attack since, ever), and punches for the Frog! I love this kind of balance (if this indeed turns out to be true) and it's a very nice touch.

Nearly perfect balance that would be, that would be great :D

Years
  • Seen Aug 10, 2015
FROG!! YESSSSSS hopefully the new pokemon will look better then what we've seen so far

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
The Grass and Water starters are probably the ugliest ones out of all six gens, honestly. That fox though. That thing. Yeah. That right there. Is adorable. And if they ruin its final evo by making it Fire/Fighting, I will be MAD.

Years
I sure hope Fennekin won't become a fighting type... lol

I am a little tired of Fire/Fighting starters. XD Cyndaquil is my favorite Fire starter so far...

I like Fennekin's design best of the three but I won't make my call as to who I like best overall until we get evolutions and the secondary types (if any), and stats, movesets, etc. I didn't like Oshawott that much at first but now it's my favorite starter in 5th gen, after I learned its moveset and stats and stuff.

I'm really happy they revealed all the names together, for the different languages. I feel like they might do that for future Pokemon reveals too... I think that'd be pretty awesome anyway. Because they probably have them all decided... They have to at about the same time anyway because it's gonna be released at the same time.

Raczack

Gunslinger
Years
  • Age 36
  • Seen Mar 27, 2015
Chespin looks pretty spiffy. I haven't liked a grass starter since Red/Blue, so I am kinda setting my hopes on him not turning into something lame. That, and I can't well go with Fennekin as my buddy has always wanted a fennec fox for a pet. Pretty sure he has that one claimed.

Dmatt

Medium-Rare Trainer
Years
  • Seen Nov 24, 2014
Nearly perfect balance that would be, that would be great :D

Yeah, it's been due for ages now, and they "kinda" delivered with D/P, but this is really neat. I got a thing for balance :D

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
Years
Is it just me, or do the new starters look more like fakemon? Maybe one of the new artists they hired for Gen VI was a fakemon designer? Also, every Grass starter is suppose to have a reptilian appearance, but Chespin looks something like a Gopher/Groundhog hybrid, which isn't suitable as a starter. Fennekin looks like Vulpix and Victini's love child given that they're all based off of foxes, but isn't Fennekin based on the same species of fox Victini is based off of? I wonder what species of frog they used this time that inspired Froakie's design? I know the Politoed is a generic frog and the Croagunk line is based on poison dart frogs (the Seismitoad line is based on toads, who are different from frogs).

Years
I am not 100% until more info is revealed, but as of now I'll probably be going with Chespin because it SO DARN CUTE. I want this grass type to overshadow the bad grass types out there, and it'll be strong I hope (:

rocky505

<Now who's awesome!
Years
I hope Chespin's shiny form is Blue since it's based on a hedgehog(Look what it's japanese name means)

Perico

Ripper
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Jun 12, 2022
Don't know why but the Grass-type starter just doesn't look like a Pokemon to me... Anyway, I think they did great with the Fire-type and Water-type starter, I like them both (and I consider them cuter than Tepig and Oshawott themselves). I still like Snivy more than Chespin :P

My favourite starter is Froakie (after being a while deciding if I liked more Fennekin). The more I look at them, the more I want to start a new game in Pokemon X/Y!

Years
They're all ridiculously adorable so I'm going to have a very hard time choosing this time around. Probably between the water and fire starters to me this time around, though Froakie is just so adorable. D:

Princess Diana

the people's princess
Years
  • Seen Oct 9, 2023
They all look so good this time round! The fire one looks familiar but good nonetheless.

I wonder if we'll have any dual types (please no Fire/Fighting!)... :embarrass

AliceBlaze

Shiny Collector
Years
I'll choose Fennekin because I like fire types and I've always wanted a Pokemon based on a fennec fox.

Chevitile

Little Monster
Years
When I first saw the starters, I thought they were all very well-done and cute. At second glance, I could see some resemblance to other already-existing Pokémon...but still, I like them a lot. My first guesses were Grass/Fighting, Water/Poison and...Fire/Normal. But after seeing the video, I agree on Grass/Dark, Water/Fighting and Fire/Psychic. It would be very cool if that happened, because Dark/Fighting/Psychic work in a trio similar to Water/Grass/Fire.

tabor62

[b][color=#CADB5A]W[/color][color=#C8DA4F]h[/color
Years
I'll go with Fennekin for now, since I usually gor for the fire-type, but I won't be making any real decisions until I find out what their base stats are.

Years
If Chespin does turn out to be part Dark, I wont be using it. It's already weak against five types, and it being part Dark would just give it yet another weakness.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back