• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Challenge Ideas & Discussion

Do you feel more people should get into Nuzlockes?

• Yes

Votes: 7 36.8%
  • No

Votes: 12 63.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

vaporeon7

My life would suck without you
Years
There's a Pokemon you have to have that can fall into that category, but there are other options that don't require picking a friend. I'm sure most people will though, myself included. That's all the spoiling for now!

It'd be awesome to have an event around my birthday, haha. AlexOzzyCake made me a Christmas present which is basically a challenge centered around me, and I told him I might use that for an event some time. Only thing about my birthday is that it's in August and I start band camp then, so I'm busy. But oh well, I might do that anyway. Though the way he set up the challenge requires a gen V game to be played and I like the events to at least include one game from each gen if possible. Hm. Perhaps I can change the rules a little to allow more flexibility. It wouldn't hurt his feelings. AND. I turn 21 this year, so what a great year to have a Syd's Birthday Challenge. :P

Will one Pokémon represent drinking alcohol? xD

Necrum

I AM THE REAL SONIC
Years
Way to ruin my fun Miss We-Love-Mardi-Gras. :P I had my idea for my challenge earlier, but I got busy at work and couldn't post for a while. Mind you Mardi Gras is actually a really long event. But I guess I'll have to tuck my idea away and hope I remember it a year from now.

myrrhman

Challenge God
Years
Update to Project Perfect Pokemon (P3 Challenge):

Blue: Done!
Silver: 150ish out of 251 caught!
Stadium: In Round 2, only Giovanni, the Elite Four, and Mewtwo remain!
Stadium 2: I think I beat a Gym maybe?
Sapphire: 25 caught, but I've beaten the Elite Four. Let the catching spree commence! (Also I have Feebas already lol).
LeafGreen: 62 caught, but I've beaten the Elite Four, and gotten the Ruby and Sapphire, so I can trade to Sapphire! Got a Paras (Now I just need a Scyther or Zangoose and I'll have my Spore/False Swipe Breloom!)
Conquest: I'm not starting over a new game for this one, but I'm about halfway done with the campaigns. After I beat them all I'll start working on getting perfect links with all the warlords.

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
what exactly does picking a friend mean? Slightly confused...

You gotta wait till the thread is up! I'm not saying anything else about the event next month. :)

Will one Pokémon represent drinking alcohol? xD

I don't think that was included in his challenge...hahaha. Trying to think of a drunk Pokemon now. Slaking comes to mind. He looks drunk. Then he's screwing around every other turn doing drunk things.

Rewy

untitled follower
Years
Hrrrrrrr trying to think up a team for a challenge mode use. I mean to make it challenging just to play on my own.
(the one on my sig is for black 2 once it bothers to arrive from the mail...)

I have so far planned to have everyone evolve only once.
  • Dewott (NFE)
  • Flaaffy (NFE)
  • Flareon (Stone evo... and because I've never ever used one and there's now at least three physical fire attacks to choose from)
  • Archeops
I'm debating between a Simisage (because stone evolution to pair with Flareon) or Sawsbuck (because I've been curious to use it before)...
And not sure if I have anything valid to pair for Archeops. :<

...and if anyone wonders the "theme" is furry & fluffy

I'm just about trained up enough for Roxie with a Dewott and Flaaffy. After the gym I'm planning to grab an Archeops egg from another game. I'm just trying to think up a proper spots where to train and who and when to add more members to the team. I mean I could've just draggen Archen in straight after Cheren's fight.

Am free for ideas, since no one in my few friends seems to think playing pokemon is a proper way to pass time...

Rewy

untitled follower
Years
Yis, incredibly fluffy but Route 14 is quite late to start training. Hmm... =/
Not impossible, but I'll consider it once I've decided with between the monkey and deer.

diamondmutt1111

A wild summer appeared!
Years
Yis, incredibly fluffy but Route 14 is quite late to start training. Hmm... =/
Not impossible, but I'll consider it once I've decided with between the monkey and deer.

Simisage is kind of good...until the last few gyms and Elite Four....while Sawsbuck has a better movepool (Horn Leech FTW) and also packs more power than a Simisage...sorry my 2nd favorite monkey...but if you WANT the challenge of Simisage being useful...then pick it! (it's also Underused compared to Sawsbuck)

vaporeon7

My life would suck without you
Years
I don't think that was included in his challenge...hahaha. Trying to think of a drunk Pokemon now. Slaking comes to mind. He looks drunk. Then he's screwing around every other turn doing drunk things.

Spinda came to mind as well. Also...
psyduck-thumb-drunk.jpg

Rewy

untitled follower
Years
Well I'm already neck deep in trouble with Ice-types of Plasma and then some Rock-types.
I'm so tempted to take them both, but then I wouldn't get Flaaffy a wooly friend...
  • Simisage because of Crunch from Pansage and Acrobatics, but that Gluttony isn't really... useful.
  • Sawsbuck because those Fighting moves and I've never used one, but all those painful things from dual-typing...

Well I'll just play all the way to Nimbasa, because it's the place where I sort of need to decide on that team member. ^^

560cool.

An old timer?
Years
I have a quick question about playing a nuzlocke on Pokemon Black. How much do the new EXP mechanisms affect grinding ? I would assume it's much difficult, but does this render the game unplayable ?

I finally managed to move everything over to Black 2 and I've been thinking of resetting my first Gen V game for challenges.

jdthebud

Engineering Solutions
Years
I have a quick question about playing a nuzlocke on Pokemon Black. How much do the new EXP mechanisms affect grinding ? I would assume it's much difficult, but does this render the game unplayable ?

I finally managed to move everything over to Black 2 and I've been thinking of resetting my first Gen V game for challenges.
If you can find a spot to spawn Audino, it's not that bad, especially once you get the Lucky Egg. It is pretty hard to grind on normal wilds though.

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
It doesn't make it impossible, but if you're typically overleveled, like I am, then it can be annoying when you aren't getting adequate experience from the wild Pokemon or even the trainers. I can't speak for how it works in Nuzlockes though.

If you use Audino for grinding (you can grind in Nuzlockes right?) then it shouldn't be too unbearable.

560cool.

An old timer?
Years
It doesn't make it impossible, but if you're typically overleveled, like I am, then it can be annoying when you aren't getting adequate experience from the wild Pokemon or even the trainers. I can't speak for how it works in Nuzlockes though.

If you use Audino for grinding (you can grind in Nuzlockes right?) then it shouldn't be too unbearable.

How common are Audions anyways ? I remember having trouble finding one for normal Pokedex catching business.

If you can find a spot to spawn Audino, it's not that bad, especially once you get the Lucky Egg. It is pretty hard to grind on normal wilds though.

Sounds fair enough. See what I can do.

Okay, gonna catch a box of Patrats on B2 and transfer whatever's left then start the challenge. Thanks for the advice.

Rewy

untitled follower
Years
Audino's are pretty normal find on a shaking grass. Just find a spot where you can run around next to some bushes without seeing water. Just be patient and ready with the repel. (It prevents anything else to jump you when you try going to the shaky spot.)

--

Edit:
These Eevees in Castelia Garden are so trolling me... >.> "Nope, I won't stay in that ball even if I'm at 1HP and asleep. Nope."
In other curiosities. Am I just too used to over planning my team, or is Challenge Mode supposed to be Challenging? I just ran back from Driftveil after getting Surf so I can pick up few awesome early game hidden TMs... And I've been doing just fine with my team of Three (Now 4 after I caught an Eevee...)

Last edited:

niallmuz

King Of Water Pokemon
Years
  • Seen Jun 21, 2016
i was just wondering is there a challenge is there a challenge where you can only battle each gym leader with pokemon of the same type as their gym? for example you can only play against burgh with bug type pokemon etc

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back