• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Archive] Pokemon Essentials: Starter Kit for RPG Maker XP

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Seen Feb 2, 2008
I know what was the problem...

It was an event of OAK that was doing it, and I guess it was "Automatic Start".
I have created a second map, of Pallet, and yhe only one error was this event

Now it's allright!

Years
Yea, the thing with Automatic Start, is that you usually have to put "Exit Event Processing" somewhere wherever you want it to end, otherwise it could loop and not stop.

-Krobe

NeoStar

Future Scripter Extraordinaire
Years
@Wichu

wow i didnt expect you to make 2 scripts for me im surprised. Thank you, they both work perfectly!

@Tsunami-Dono

Yeah i thought that was what was up. Glad you got it going.

Years
  • Seen Aug 10, 2015
It means the file audio.dll (part of Pokemon Essentials) cannot be found. Though I haven't tested it, I'm sure the game system can work without it, though, if you find line 54 of the script section Audio and change this:

Code:
@handle = w32_LL.call("audio.dll")

to this:

Code:
 if FileTest.exist?("audio.dll")
   @handle = w32_LL.call("audio.dll")
 end

Years
  • Seen Aug 10, 2015
It was a mistake; here is the quote.
Add the following code before the words "def update" before line 1842 of the script section PokemonEditor:

def chooseMapScreen(title,currentmap)
return pbListScreen(title,MapLister.new(currentmap))
end

It was a method I forgot to add there.

Wyvern

Gallade's Fury
Years
Hi, and great thx for your dedication, guys! Anyway, I wonder if someone could fix the -running- graphic, beacuse it seems quite odd (if you try the Z button before you obtain the running shoes, you seem like a bully Lol)(except that, running WITH the running shoes is slow-ed graphically-if you try it you will see what i mean). Not that it's the 1st thing that matters most, but 'why leave it last', right? Oh yeah, script makers ARE geniuses, so I give them the most credit.

BlueEew

PokeProject - GO!
Years
I have a transfering problem, basically I have two computers. On the laptop I have three maps made on the starter kit. However I use my new PC now, and have lots of maps on here. I was just wondering if anyone can tell me where and how I could locate those three maps, and the add them to my PC?

I have a memory stick to save them on, I just need to know how to get to the maps. Thanks in advance. :)

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Sep 7, 2023
They're in the Data folder, named Map[ID].rxdata. However, copying them won't do much good, as you need to update the MapInfos.rxdata too, which I don't think is possible.
Try moving the whole game folder over, then opening both games in the editor and copy and paste the maps over.

Years
  • Seen Oct 26, 2016
OK, I've got a fairly complicated question for anyone who knows the answer.

The fangame I'm making is set in a new region. Altogether, there are 250 Pokemon catchable in the game i.e. 149 are totally new and 101 are old. The list is mixed with both new and old Pokemon. Is there any easy way I can limit the number to 250 and change the numbers of the old Pokemon to new numbers? Still not exactly a master with this thing, I've got lots of other things to do.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Sep 7, 2023
Couldn't you just go into Pokemon.txt, delete the Pokémon you don't want, delete their sprites and TMs.txt entries, and renumber the rest?
Alternatively, you could make a Regional Dex, and give the Pokémon a regional number (see Notes.html). That would mean the game's filesize would be bigger, but you could also have the rest catchable if you change your mind.

Years
  • Seen Jun 13, 2012
Poccil the starter kit is great!!
But I have several questions about, if you would like me respond very happy!

I already did this question before but nobody answered me.

1 - I wanted to make: When the switch was activated 80 a picture of Trainer Card change, as I do that?

2-Add a trainer card than to put many insiguinias (some 32), as I do?

3-In the starter kit in the top left corner of poké center has an event there, ($ PokemonGlobal.seenStorageCreator =
True), so that, and I have to move this event for pokécenter of my game?

4-townmapgen not working, why?

5-I wanted an event that only appear when Celebi were in my group, as I do that?

6 - The new versions of the starter kit, in the Trainer events have one: Script: pbTrainerEnd, and as my project is already done time does not put it in the trainers of my game, I have problems because of that?

7-How do I talk a condition where the character can only move up if you have all badges?

Sorry so many questions ...
Thanks

Years
  • Seen Oct 26, 2016
Couldn't you just go into Pokemon.txt, delete the Pokémon you don't want, delete their sprites and TMs.txt entries, and renumber the rest?
Alternatively, you could make a Regional Dex, and give the Pokémon a regional number (see Notes.html). That would mean the game's filesize would be bigger, but you could also have the rest catchable if you change your mind.

I could do that, but I'll most likely add a National Dex somewhere later in the game. I'm having a demo first, so I think for now I should just delete the rest like you said, then when the time comes for the full release, I'll add the National Dex.

Also: adding new Pokemon is a pain in the ass :P (does not need help).

EDIT: OK, so say I have 250 Pokemon in the dex, not all of those spaces are going to be filled with new Pokemon. Do I just leave the Pokedex entries, scripts etc. blank for the uncomplete, or will errors appear if I do that?

Last edited:

Firemaker

Pokemon Master
Years
VictorSpvl- See notes.html. That will give you answers for 5 and 7
Houndoomed- As long as the blank pokemon don't appear in the wild or its not in your possession, it should work.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Sep 7, 2023
Make sure that you back up the Pokemon.txt before releasing the demo, to save you from having to add the Pokémon again.

Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen Sep 20, 2018
Hey,

I've read the documentation and I'm stil confused at how to create a 'Double-Battle' so I was wondering if someone could help me with this...

[I'm hoping to have one of the two other trainers with a Cacnea and the other with a a Seviper]

Also, I was wondering I'm Diamond and Pearl, there are areas where you get an NPC to join your team and they battle with you during Double Battles... is this possible and if so how can I make them battle along side with their Pokemon?

Thanks to however is able to help me in advance... I'm really stuck with this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back