• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen The Medal System

bwburke94

Forever Aspertia's Aspie
Years
What's really odd is that there's a medal for getting every other medal. Sounds like they just wanted to put one in randomly to make it a power of two minus one. Crash prevention, maybe?

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
What's really odd is that there's a medal for getting every other medal. Sounds like they just wanted to put one in randomly to make it a power of two minus one. Crash prevention, maybe?

That's actually a traditional award that appears in all videogames that give these kinda awards. There has always been a Trophy/Award for collecting all other Trophies/Awards.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 11, 2022
So I'm totes gonna like, try to get almost all of them. This system is so much fun. I'm an achievement lover. Like, I try to do so in every game, but now that Pokemon has it, I'm totally stoked for this. Plus I can put them on the Trainer Card! Yay!

droomph

weeb
Years
Yes...it seems like we'll have plenty of fun making RHs ^^

Well in all honesty I never liked achievment systems so I don't think this will be any different (unless it's like a Force Gem kind of thing but I doubt they have the effort to add that much into BW2.

PaxAmericana

Resident Peacekeeper
Years
The medal system sounds appealing because it adds more to the game that BW lacked. It will be fun to try and get them all.

vaporeon7

My life would suck without you
Years
I am going to try and get all the medals because I like to try and fully complete my games. I like the idea because it gives me even more things to do after the Trainer Card.

Which includes catching them all. AND I MEAN THEM ALL. It appears that missing events count as missing, though I'm not sure about Meloetta and Genesect.
They normally don't require you to catch event Pokémon.

Years
I like that it says (on Serebii) you can get them for catching pokémon - it's kind of like the dude in Solaceon Town that gave you poké balls for the same thing :)

I like it personally, it's another thing that you can work towards in addition to the main journey :)

Melinda

[b][i][color=#fff]#teamsonia[/color][/i][/b]
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Sep 18, 2022
I actually love the medal system. It's something fun I can work on post-game. There are so many of them, though. Might take a while to collect them all.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years
I don't think I'll be able to get all the medals in B2/W2 because I don't really bother much with completing the Pokedex. But still, they're a neat addition because of how you get rewarded for doing certain "bonuses."

nuzamaki90

Knight of The Volt
Years
I wasn't too excited about the Medal System at first and I'm still not, but I do like it a bit.

Maybe it's because I love unlocking Achievements on the 360, I just love getting rewarded for doing something right in a game.

I just wish you don't have to run all the way to a PkMn Center just to get the medals, I'd rather their be a notification of some form that says you got this medal.

kohei

Pizzaman.
Years
For those who want to complete medals:
Tentori Thousand/Scoring a Thousand is probably the hardest medal to get.
Scoring a 1000 points in Fes Missions requires the participation of at least 30 good players who know how to rack up points.

Kevin

kevin del rey
Years
Yeah, probably after defeating the main game I'll get all the medals so I can feel complete. Lol it reminds me of the Trophy system a little from Kingdom Hearts.

Years
  • Seen Oct 12, 2020
Wow. I like this new feature. I can't wait to get this done with and earn all medals!

I guess I'm a little used to using only one Pokemon in beating the E4, so that said achievement will be a piece of cake.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
You can do it Hihihiroshi~ Claim all da metals~

What is the hardest medal you had to get so far?

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
Years
I have no intention of completing these medals, because a number of the requirements are utterly ridiculous. I am not playing the minigames, I am not going to torture myself with the world tournament, and I am certainly not going to even attempt to beat the Elite Four with one Pokemon, just so I can "earn" a medal. Overall, it's a rather pointless addition. I don't know if it's supposed to motivate me to actually do some of these absurd things in the game, but sorry, mission failed.

Overall it feels like a forced attempt to pad the length of the game.

o Pikachu o

Pikachu
Years
I can't wait for this. I'm gonna collect all of them even though it'll take me forever to do because some are kind of hard to get. I mean look at the medal Rush Hour : Pass by 1,000 people using the C-Gear...

Back