• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Does anyone else want all banned and unaired episodes edited and released in english?

Does anyone else want all banned and unaired episodes edited and released in english?

• Yes

Votes: 47 83.9%
  • No

Votes: 6 10.7%
  • Not sure

Votes: 3 5.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

PokeAwesome94

Ace Pokémon Trainer
Years
  • Seen Mar 28, 2013
As for the Porygon one, I would like to see it re-edited (I'm sure that the computers and HDTVs today can handle a less traumatizing experience) but likely not going to happen.

As I said in my first post:
PokeAwesome94 said:
According to the late Maddie Balustein, the then voice of Meowth in the 4Kids dub, this episode was in fact purchased and dubbed into English by 4Kids using a censored version of the scene with the flashing lights, but the episode was still banned worldwide and not allowed to be aired.

Years
I've always wanted to see Dawn's Cyndaquil in English evolve before I die (because Japanese is something that is coming verrry slowly for me) so yessss

Yeah, I guess we English dub followers will have to wait until Best Wishes 2 airs dubbed before we can finally see Dawn with Quilava.

I guess the Dawn and Brock specials were intended only for Japanese audiences so I guess that's why they were never dubbed which is a bit of a shame.

ShinyUmbreon189

VLONE coming soon
Years
Well, I may not follow pokemon episodes what so ever anymore but I would like to see the old episodes again and the banned ones in english. They banned them for stupid reasons, just cuz there are handguns on a screen doesn't mean they involved in a gang, mafia, mob, etc. They make no sense. I was just using it as an example.

PokeAwesome94

Ace Pokémon Trainer
Years
  • Seen Mar 28, 2013
I would like to see the old episodes again

You can watch Pokémon episodes free, legally and internationally at http://www.pokemon.com/us/tv-episodes/pokemon-episode-guide/
Not all episodes are here yet, but more are added every friday. Enjoy. ;)

They banned them for stupid reasons, just cuz there are handguns on a screen doesn't mean they involved in a gang, mafia, mob, etc. They make no sense. I was just using it as an example.

They should air those that were banned/delayed because of earthquakes. What I think is ridiculous is that episode 250 - The Ice Cave was banned because they thought that a black Jynx was a racial stereotype. No sane company would intentionally make a product with racial stereotypes. It was just a coincidence, but of course it gets blown out of proportion. The only episode that has a good reason for being banned is Electric Soldier Porygon.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Dec 30, 2012
Well, CN, Do not air Team Plasma vs. Team Rocket... I see what the Pokemon Did To Destroy Several Buildings in Castelia City. Also, It's boring.

PokeAwesome94

Ace Pokémon Trainer
Years
  • Seen Mar 28, 2013
I vote yes, and I really want to see the one episode where James had tits LOL

That's episode 18 - Beauty and the Beach. It has been aired as a shortened and censored English dub, but the Japanese version is completely uncensored.

atmmachine11

Jumping portals since 1997.
Years
Kind of unrelated, but I would like a dvd with all the pokemon shorts on it at least...I dont care for the banned ones, and do not know about the unaired ones.

Olli

I am still bathing in a summer's afterglow
Years
To be honest, no. I'd have nothing against the shorts and extra episodes that weren't aired being dubbed, as well as the Team Plasma one, since that is one I personally really want to see, however all the banned episodes should just stay as they were. They were all banned for reasons after all, such as being inappropriate for the age range that the show is being aimed at, or including something that may have been offensive to a range of people, and even if they were edited, they already have a reputation, and as most of them were from the first season, I don't really see how they'd bring them out into the open without starting off from the first season again.

hassanabdullah45k

Charizard619
Years
guyz, is a kiss under the mistletoe or a night under the mistletoe really an episode ?
If so, what happens in it ?
i heard a rumor that ash and misty kiss ?

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
A few of the episodes were banned by the US government so those of us in the US will never see those banned episodes in the US as no place can sell them. Most noted ones are the christmas one with Jynx just cause she's black and the Safari Zone one where the warden pulls a shot gun on Ash.

Years
  • Seen Jul 23, 2016
Im sure everyone wants to see all the banned/unaired episodes! Its ok if you find them subbed but dubbed would be awesome! I have seen the christmas one with jynx and it is dubbed. I dont know whether it was supposed to be or not:S

PokeAwesome94

Ace Pokémon Trainer
Years
  • Seen Mar 28, 2013
all the banned episodes should just stay as they were. They were all banned for reasons after all, such as being inappropriate for the age range that the show is being aimed at, or including something that may have been offensive to a range of people, and even if they were edited, they already have a reputation, and as most of them were from the first season, I don't really see how they'd bring them out into the open without starting off from the first season again.

A few of the episodes were banned by the US government so those of us in the US will never see those banned episodes in the US as no place can sell them. Most noted ones are the christmas one with Jynx just cause she's black and the Safari Zone one where the warden pulls a shot gun on Ash.

One Idea would be that they upload them to pokemon.com and that only registered members that are 15, 16 or 18 and over can watch them or that you have to fill in your date of birth before you watch it. Those episodes that are banned in a country can't be viewed by those who have their accounts registered from that country or an IP-adress from that country.

They should probably also do what Otter Mii-kun said:

releasing the banned and unaired episodes, accompanied by a disclaimer before the start of each said episode and explanation as to why it was banned or unaired (similar to Whoopi Goldberg's introduction on the Tom and Jerry Spotlight Collection Vol. 2 DVD set explaining to viewers about racial stereotypes such as Mammy Two-Shoes).

I don't think that the Jynx episode should be banned. That's just ridiculous.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Mar 1, 2014
guyz, is a kiss under the mistletoe or a night under the mistletoe really an episode ?
If so, what happens in it ?
i heard a rumor that ash and misty kiss ?

No its not a real episode at all, although Under the Mistletoe is a song on Pokemon Christmas Bash. If it was real I would have seen it by now as I have something of an obsession with Misty and have been trying to hunt down every single episode or short she has ever been seen in.

kokotko

雷君
Years
In fact I managed to get all the banned episodes. Some are raw Japanese, but mostly subbed, so it doesn't matter. It's hard, very hard to find some. Big prize once you make it!

Treecko

the princess without voice
Years
Some of the episodes are banned for special reasons. "Electric Soldier Porygon" was banned because it caused seizures. "The Legend of Dratini" was banned for the use of guns. "The Ice Cave" was banned for Jynx being mistaking for a black stereotype and was considered racist. "The Beauty and the Beach" was banned after it aired for James' inflatable breast. These are pretty legitimate reasons and I doubt they would release them on TV or maybe even on DVD, especially Electric Soldier Porygon. I wouldn't mine seeing them released and dub in English, but it's very unlikely.
I think they should at least release the episodes banned cause of the earthquakes and they definitely should release the Plasma vs Team Rocket episodes to continue the story.

For the unaired shorts and movies, they should air those, cause there's no real reason for them to not release them.

AresTheAwesome

The Awesome Trainer...
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Jun 3, 2013
I used to always think Pokémon Chronicles was a spin-off (The cartoon network ad made me think so) that had nothing to do with the normal anime and i knew about all that for years and most 10 year olds would rather watch their pokemon from their games on tv like Oshawott

I agree, we can already watch most of them on the internet, and the target audience (which always has an advantage over us, the older audience) is the reason they were banned in the first place, because it's simply not good for children to watch. I've seen most of them anyways.

BTW +1 internets to you for having a fluttershy avvie.

And also to the OP, you forgot to Mention "Tentacool and Tentacruel" banned because of the September 11th crisis was brought to mind by the pokemon destroying the city.

Im sure everyone wants to see all the banned/unaired episodes! Its ok if you find them subbed but dubbed would be awesome! I have seen the christmas one with jynx and it is dubbed. I dont know whether it was supposed to be or not:S

They also recolored Jynx purple in some of the future episodes.

No its not a real episode at all, although Under the Mistletoe is a song on Pokemon Christmas Bash. If it was real I would have seen it by now as I have something of an obsession with Misty and have been trying to hunt down every single episode or short she has ever been seen in.

If you liked the banned episodes about misty, you should check out some of the censored cards, if you haven't already heard about it, Misty's tears. I just recently took interest in banned episodes, cards, and error cards.

Last edited:

ShinyUmbreon189

VLONE coming soon
Years
None of them should of been banned except for the Porygon one. The rest were just idiotic to ban. It's pokemon how bad can it be? Just cuz theres guns doesn't mean a damn thing. Look at all the movies that are gettin played today. Little kids watch them and they are gang related, sexual related (sometimes), violence, profanity, and explosions and stuff. Pokemon does have any of those. Yet 1 episode has guns but who cares? It's not like the kid watching it is gonna grow up a murder or anything. How thick can their skulls be? How about the Jynx one? So what Jynx has a black face it doesn't have race at all involved in it. They banned them for the wrong reason and runined the series as a whole. Hate on me go ahead but you guys know where I'm comin from. Now what about the one where James has breasts and what not. So? It's funny it's there to make kids laugh not to say homesequality is ok. Once again banned for the stupidest reasons. They way they banned them makes me wonder, why didn't they ban all the episodes where Brock goes all crazy on the women? They didn't cuz it was funny but apparently the people who banned them are too retarded and low lifed to let a little kid watch the program. So yes I want them releases but I know it ain't gonna happen.....

Last edited:

PokeAwesome94

Ace Pokémon Trainer
Years
  • Seen Mar 28, 2013
And also to the OP, you forgot to Mention "Tentacool and Tentacruel" banned because of the September 11th crisis was brought to mind by the pokemon destroying the city.

I didn't forget it, I left out Tentacool and Tentacruel and The Tower of Terror by purpose because while they were banned after 9/11 they were brought back once everyone's feelings had cooled down a bit.

Episode 19 - Tentacool & Tentacruel
"After the events of September 11, this episode was taken out of rotation. In the months following the attack, Kids' WB! refused to air it due to the destruction of several buildings (particularly Tentacruel smashing a skyscraper) and the use of machine guns. When Cartoon Network started to air Pokémon, the episode was put back into rotation. It is also on the VHS "Seaside Pikachu" and the Indigo DVD boxset." - Bulbapedia

Episode 23 - The Tower of Terror
This episode was temporarily banned after September 11. The official reason has never been confirmed, but many believe that the episode's title may have had something to do with it. The episode is no longer banned and continues to air.
- Bulbapedia

It is also speculated that it was also banned because of Meowth's Hitlerish moustache:
Spoiler:

Actually there were only revolvers involved as far as I know. I guess you saw the second picture and drew the conclusion that it was a shot gun.
Spoiler:

However there are other Pokémon episodes featuring guns that aren't banned:

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Apr 14, 2013
None of them should of been banned except for the Porygon one. The rest were just idiotic to ban. It's pokemon how bad can it be?

If a childrens show episode is banned, there's a reason for it. Remember that Game Freak is a place of business. They aren't going to do something or overlook a potential risk that could hurt sales.

Just cuz theres guns doesn't mean a damn thing. Look at all the movies that are gettin played today. Little kids watch them and they are gang related, sexual related (sometimes), violence, profanity, and explosions and stuff. Pokemon does have any of those. Yet 1 episode has guns but who cares? It's not like the kid watching it is gonna grow up a murder or anything. How thick can their skulls be?

Movies like The Dark Knight Rises? Which is rated PG-13? Exactly, Pokemon is a kids show, with a target demographic as young as preschool kids. Violence, profanity, and sex don't belong in programs for kids.

Also, there have been a few cases where kids DO attempt to do things seen in cartoons such as start fires and play with guns. Kids sometimes don't understand that fiction is fiction, so they don't want kids pointing guns at each other just because it happened to Ash and Pikachu. The earthquake thing is because it was a horrible event that resulted in death and destruction.

How about the Jynx one? So what Jynx has a black face it doesn't have race at all involved in it.

That doesn't change what it resembles. It may not have been intended to be racist, but when someone complains about something like that, it could hurt your business not to address it.

They banned them for the wrong reason and runined the series as a whole. Hate on me go ahead but you guys know where I'm comin from.

No. Only a handful of episodes where banned out of a series of 700+ episodes and over a dozen movies total. The series has not suffered for banning these episodes.

Now what about the one where James has breasts and what not. So? It's funny it's there to make kids laugh not to say homesequality is ok. Once again banned for the stupidest reasons.

James wore dresses in several episodes of the first season that were not banned so it had nothing to do with that. It's different when he was in a suit that gave him breasts in a bikini posing as a woman in a swimsuit contest. Though, this episode was edited an aired.

They way they banned them makes me wonder, why didn't they ban all the episodes where Brock goes all crazy on the women? They didn't cuz it was funny but apparently the people who banned them are too retarded and low lifed to let a little kid watch the program. So yes I want them releases but I know it ain't gonna happen.....

Brock flirted with the girls, but to my knowledge, he never did or said anything inappropriate to them, so there was no reason to ban those eps or edit them. Johnny Bravo was far worse.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back