• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Media Players

Media Players!

• Windows Media Player

Votes: 4 16.7%
  • iTunes

Votes: 3 12.5%
  • Winamp

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • VLC Media Player

Votes: 9 37.5%
  • RealPlayer

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other - Please Specify

Votes: 8 33.3%

• Total voters

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
Whenever you're on your computer or laptop (or tablet for that matter!), there are many many options for you to listen to your lovely music, watch movies and/or videos. Some players give you sharp picture & sound, while others can load up fast, so you can immediately start watching/listening to your stuff.

Based on the poll above, which media player do you prefer & why? If you picked "Other", tell us what media player do you use and why do you prefer it. :D

Years
VLC. It's a universal player than can play media files of all types without the need to install codecs and can also play back capturing devices and tune digital frequencies on a TV tuner capture card, alongside take a snapshot of whatever you're viewing.

Firox

eepz, come help pwease!
Years
Just for music, I use Windows Media Player, have used it for many years now..... vote for WMP.

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jul 14, 2021
VLC, only because WMP has failed on my computer, I can't even open it for some strange reason after I upgraded to WMP v11, along with my nvida control panel.

Years
I use the Zune software. I prefer it because usually the only reason I go on the computer is to music on my Zune, and the software is the only way to load music on to it.

Captain Gizmo

Monkey King
Years
I used to use WMP until I had to use a different program to put my songs into my ipod (Because I hate itunes)

Then I started using Winamp which was good until it kept messing up the positioning of my songs in my ipod.

Now i use MediaMonkey. It's a really good media player software where I can get infos on the music I'm playing and I can also easily transfer songs from my computer to my ipod with MediaMonkey.

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jul 16, 2019
I use iTunes for music and VLC for movies. Both players are easy to customise too in terms of aesthetics. I tried many different players for both music and movies from open source to paid ones and ended up returning to my original iTunes/VLC combo. The selection library of music or movie players for the Mac environment is extremely limited but thanks to that I don't have to spend lots of time deciding on my ideal player.

With the recent release of iTunes 11, it just got harder for me to ditch this music player for a competitor.

Last edited:
Years
For music, I primarily use Windows Media Player, since iTunes is quite laggy in that regard.

For visual media, I use VLC Media Player, since it skips straight to the title screen on DVDs and can handle pretty much any video file format.

Years
  • Seen Jul 16, 2014
I use VLC most of the times.It can play any type of videos without having to put in codes or w/e.

Gerri Shin

  
Years
When you say Media Players, you don't just mean for music right? I use iTunes for Movies/tv since it can output a streaming friendly format for me, but for music I tend to use Spotify more. being abel to listen to music anywhere without having to use up space on my devices is great.

Aeon.

Carrion
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jun 22, 2016
For music I use foobar2000. I love it since it's minimalistic and customizable.

For videos I just use WMP since I really only watch videos on YouTube unless I'm about to edit or review something.

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
Years
I use iTunes for my music because I have an iPhone and I'm lazy. I've seen other people use WinAmp and other types of software in this regard, and while they look good, I really cannot be bothered to learn how they work. I'm an old man now! :(

Years
  • Seen Oct 2, 2020
I switch back and forth between Media Player Classic and VLC. MPC has a bit better UI and some nifty features, but VLC is more dependable, particularly with unusual and/or poorly encoded files, and does better freezeframes (I do anime vectors, so I take LOTS of screenshots).

Last edited:

Zet

Years
For music I use foobar
For movies and tv shows I use MPC-HC with madvr, lav filters, etc.

I like to use the best stuff to get the best results.

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
Years
I use WinAmp for my music on both my phone and my desktop. I can wirelessly sync music to my phone with it and I generally just really like WinAmp's interface. I love the skin I have for it and the ability to queue playlists from Windows' drop-down list. On my phone it works with Last.fm's app and was a lot better than the default app. On my mac I just use iTunes because I can't be bothered finding something else. Trying to find equivalents to the programs I know and love on Windows is too depressing.

For video media, I use KMPlayer. It plays anything I throw at it, is very pretty, and has a whole lot of playback features. I originally downloaded it just to auto-screencap from my media but once I realized how much it could do, I've always used it. I don't even know what I use on my mac--probably VLC--but I can't stand it and try not to watch anything on it if I can help it.

Sir Codin

I use the Zune media player for most of my music, but I occasionally also use Windows Media Player.

For visual media, I use VLC.

countryemo

Kicking against the earth!
Years
I use WMP when watching videos or listening to CD's.
But I use Media Monkey for on device music, and Spotify for whatever.
But I mainly just use online services like Youtube. Since Spotify I don't really go to Pandora anymore.
I never liked VLC, it just looks... I can't use it.

Sweets Witch

I just love ham jerky.
Years
VLC for video, WMP for music. Recently I've noticed that VLC has been pretty laggy for some reason, but I'm far too lazy to find an alternate player that supports that many file types.

Back