• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen All Things Sylveon

Vegetunks937

The Superior Fusion
Years
See what i have found when i watched the video of the trailer of Extreme Speed Genesect and the Awakening of Mewtwo.

I have added some things see what i think about the new type of the sylveon

syveleon.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
See what i have found when i watched the video of the trailer of Extreme Speed Genesect and the Awakening of Mewtwo.

I have added some things see what i think about the new type of the sylveon

Spoiler:

The "feather" is supposedly Sylveon's ear. Same shape. Even if not its the same shape as the Insect badge so it really doesn't confirm anything. GF is still messing with us.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
I agree with it being Flying based upon the egg even if it's meant to match the ear as Xander said. Flying has never had a pink-ish connotation from what I remember, though. :( So that's... unusual?

Years
At this point, It could either really be a handful of things, because it seems that each eeveelution matches the color of the their type (and I'm still sticking to my theory on this). It could either be Flying (which is strange because flying is naturally a blue-ish color, but this is GF, after all), or Dragon (in which I hardly see evidence for going by it's physical appearance, but you never know, I guess). .___.

From the little scene we saw in the movie about it, expect a special attacker. That's all I'll say. Perhaps a special flying type, if it comes to that (not that we really have enough of those anyway. Good ones anyway, not since Togekiss in Gen IV).

Gen V brought us perhaps the best special flying-type we know: Tornadus-T.

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
Years
  • Seen Oct 3, 2016
I'm sorry, I still don't see it as Flying type. I don't follow your logic, Vegetunks.

Cyclone

Bluerang1

pin pin
Years
I think I'm going to use Slyveon, and I a lot of people are. It'll be the first Eevee I'd use in a team. I hope it's a good type, and I think it'll be flying

Years
  • Seen Aug 25, 2015
After seeing the trailer for the short film, Im thinking it's a new type even more. The move/ability it used I didnt think seemed to be anything an existing type does, and pink isn't really represented by any particular type, I noticed it's streamers glowed bright pink. The "egg" pattern on that picture could literally mean anything as there are many animals that hatch from eggs. I just cannot tell right now and I dont think they'd be making this much fuss for something already existing.

It seemed kinda spacy/cosmic looking at it again. Perhaps there might be a Cosmic/Celestial type in Gen 6.

Yusshin

♪ Yggdrasil ♪
Years
There are a lot of Normal/Flying-types. Perhaps Sylveon is a pure Flying-type with a Normal-type colour scheme, since I doubt they'd break the "one type" trend.

Still kinda makes sense to me. I can see it now: a flying herd(?) of Sylveon floating in the sky, migrating to the south...

It actually looks quite silly.

Yusshin

♪ Yggdrasil ♪
Years
I love how the people in the Spanish forum are practically saying the exact same things as we are... the wing in the egg, Burgh's badge, how it shares no similarity to Flying-types as of yet (notably, "Can someone tell me how the heck that looks like a Flying type?").. then some type discussion how new types aren't necessary - there enough as it is - yet some are still speculating otherwise.

Damn you, designers of Sylveon.

Other speculation threads:

http://www.jeuxvideo.com/forums/1-30342-766943-1-0-1-0-i-believe-i-can-fly.htm
http://www.jeuxvideo.com/forums/1-30342-190808-1-0-1-0-hypothese-nymphali-alias-sylveon.htm

Last edited:

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
Years
But Sylveon being a pure Flying type will only ruin the Eeveelution special theory (all Eeveelutions are types that are formerly special-based prior to Gen IV, meaning Dragon would've been the most logical type for Sylveon). I hope that Spanish leaker was only lucky for guessing Mewtwo's forme right.

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
Years
  • Seen Oct 3, 2016
But Sylveon being a pure Flying type will only ruin the Eeveelution special theory (all Eeveelutions are types that are formerly special-based prior to Gen IV, meaning Dragon would've been the most logical type for Sylveon). I hope that Spanish leaker was only lucky for guessing Mewtwo's forme right.
Did the leaker actually get the image right? Might that be why we're seeing it now?

Cyclone

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
I hope the leaker is right. Perhaps he's this version of Black and White's main leaker at the end :x Plus Flying makes sooo much sense!

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
Years
  • Seen Oct 3, 2016
Someone earlier mentioned the "egg" may be a cocoon, I can actually see how that may be possible...I also see a stylized Claw, so Bug or Dragon?
Never thought of it that way, but now more and more Bug evidence is coming out (plus my post the other day, and the note that the icon on the cocoon/egg resembles Burgh's Gym badge). I think that's it, ladies and gents. At this point, if it isn't Bug, I'll be surprised.

I will be interested in seeing if the person I quoted returns to that forum just to gloat at the people who told him he was making up support for his theory. :D

After thread research, I've located on a search for "Bug" the following comment of mine from March 5:

Swift meanwhile can be learned naturally by 11 different types, none of which include Ghost. I see Bug, Steel, Flying, and Fighting among those types.
If I'd paid attention to my own comment, I'd have dropped the Ghost guess a long time ago. Sylveon would be the first Ghost type to be able to use it. Yeah, not likely.

Also, I found this:

I was thinking because the butterfly bows then bug type but the video only shows moves Eevee learns so it is extremely difficult to tell but I could imagine it using Quiver Dance
That Dude is officially the first to firmly suggest Bug. If Sylveon ends up being Bug type, That Dude is licensed to gloat.

I however now agree: Sylveon is a Bug type.

Cyclone

Last edited:

C Payne

Hoenn in 3D!
Years
  • Va
  • Seen Aug 23, 2014

The key word there being formerly. Why is everyone so hung on these so called patterns 24/7? The only 'pattern' that should really matter when it comes to Eeveelutions is how each represents a sole type.

zypher634

zypher634
Years
imo if they (gamefreak) were going to make a dragon type or flying type eevee then they would've made them in gen 3 and 5.they wouldn't have waited till now to make a new one. plus the thing with sylveon is that its a great marketing technique so you will want to play the game more s you can figr out what type sylveon and all the other pokemon will be

zypher634

zypher634
Years
Yep. It's not out of GF's circle to do these kinds of things, really. Case in point: Braviary in Gen 5. A lot of us who saw Braviary's silhouette immediately assumed "FEAROW EVO", while GF had massive gigglefits and then promptly revealed Braviary itself, going all "nope lol you guys are so wrong". That and the new Kyurem formes in BW2, but those were more or less easy to guess.

Sylveon, I'd say, would be more of a drawn-out trick being played on us. .___. It's already been two months (?) since it's announcement and no-type yet, though at least we're at least getting some heavy hints (however unhelpful they may be, sadly).

at least we got some closure with mewtwo and its new forme. the video on pokemon.com is really awesome yet still leaves questions. just like sylveon. they just need to announce something else besides mewtwo and sylveon. maybe give us the starters evos? I just wanna know if fennekin is a damn fire fightng

Back