• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Help recruitment thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Controversial?

Bored musician, bad programmer
Years
  • Age 28
  • UK
  • Seen Oct 11, 2020
Hack name: Pokémon Ghostflower

Hack of: Pokémon Firered

Additional information about the hack: This hack's concept was conceived ages ago. Basically, it was my desire to create an entirely brand new region; the main thing that I feel I want this hack to have to set it apart is an entirely new Fakédex; I've come up with every Pokémon design already (and I put the first 30 or so in a now-defunct art thread). As well as this, I was also thinking of implementing a new soundtrack (possibly being influenced by more Classical styles) as well as a storyline I've already come up with a lot for.

Finished percentage: Hmm...that's difficult. I'd say about 5%; I've drawn all the Fakémon designs I want to incorporate, I've mapped up to the 2nd gym but I haven't started scripting yet.

Your hacking skills: I'm primarily a mapper (Yeah. everyone's just a mapper nowadays. ugh), and I've come up with the majority of Fakémon designs and the storyline. However, it would be great for someone else to review the story with me.

What help or skill you're looking for: First and foremost, it would be great to have one or more Spriters to deal with the sheer number of Fakémon I've designed. After that, all I'll need is a decent Scripter who could also help innovate with story ideas and dialogue and the Hacks Showcase's body will be ready for this project to penetrate its forum section.

Additional contact information: Just get at me on here, then I can get you to add me on Skype. :P

Additional information: I'm currently doing A-levels. Progress will probably be somewhat slow; however, that means however far in the future you read this, the offer will still stand unless I edit this to say otherwise. :)

Peace. ;)

Years
Hack name: Pokèmon zeffiro

Hack of: pokemon fire red

Additional information about the hack: i would like to make this hack set in hoen some years after events of ruby and sapphire, i like to make also a new region, maybe smaller than Hoen,I have some ideas, such as eliminating gyms and insert areas called fight park(i'll explain it better when you'll contact me), i want to decide the story only when i found someone who can help me.
Finished percentage: 0% I'll start when i'll find at least a mate
Your hacking skills: mapping (4 years of experience), change tileset, scripting, and a bit of assembler
What help or skill are you looking for: mainly a scripter and/or a mapper to start the hack, but everyone is accepted :)
Additional contact information: send me a PM, then we'll decide togheter where we will talk.
Additional information: Just search me and i'll give you all the informations you're looking for!

Last edited:

Circaoffire

Clueless Scripter :/
Years
  • Seen May 27, 2016
Hack name:Pokemon Nightmare Black

Hack of: FireRed BPRE v1.0

Additional information about the hack: I'll just put the story :P

It is your twelfth birthday. And your twin brother's too! You guys are huge fans of Pokemon and huge rivals and have been your whole lives. You guys have just woken up and are ready to get your very first pokemon! You are excited to be competing with 2nd Rival who left a year before you But before you leave, there's breaking news! You stop to watch and find that an Absol has appeared in your very own town of Taliesin. This is the universal sign of imminent danger. What is to come? The young twins go to Professor Aspen to pick between the starters of their region: Ralts, Larvitar, and Aron. Shortly after they receive their brand new pokemon, a mysterious man shows up and puts Cedric to sleep with a Darkrai, and starts to control him with Sleepwalk. In defense of their brother, they get prepared to battle! But instead of the mysterious man, Darkrai turns Cedric to face his twin. Just after Cedric defeats the hero, the mysterious man departs with Cedric by his side. It is now your journey as the hero to become strong enough to rescue your brother, and find out who this man is and what his goals are.

Finished percentage:3%

Your hacking skills: Scripting, Mapping, Inserting, and everything else (either poor, or will be developed)

What help or skill you're looking for: The two biggest things, are graphics such as tiles and sprites. I can handle sprites, but I would like all brand new custom tiles for mapping for this hack. And, ASM hacking. I have no knowledge or exeprience, and I am trying oh so hard to learn, but it tests my patience almost as much as anything with pixel arts. If someone, just wants to agree to be my designated go to guy for questions regarding ASM instead of being the ASM guy for this hack.

Additional contact information: email: [email protected], member by this same name on Pokemon Hackers Online, and Romhack.me, skype can be given if agreed to help, same with TeamViewer if some people like to teach or show by screen control.

Last edited:

M0ZEPH

Formally 'Resultz' - Returned!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Mar 30, 2014
Hack name: Undecided.

Hack of: FireRed

Completion: 1% - Still MOSTLY in the planning stage and help is really required before I can do significant work.

Additional Info: I plan to make a dystopian region set 15 years into the future, where Rocket Regime has taken over and the Official league is now run by rocket. The effects of their endless testing have resulted in a growing number of malformed pokemon, which ingame will have different stats, mutations, moves, and types. The hack will feature some type interaction changes such as Flying >> Ground. Ice >> Water. Electric >> Steel. Poison >> Normal, and a few more. Most of the hack is still in planning mode and only now am I starting to make the changes to the maps, pokemon, scripts etc.

My Hacking skills: Keen mapper. Keenly learning intermediate scripting however confident with low level text, battles, items etc. Spriter of old.

What I'm looking for: More of a mentor than anything as this is my only second hack.. (The first reached Gym 2 before I was overcome with work and the pressure of learning scripting, tile inserting etc got the better of me. The hack, Pokemon Hyacinth (google it) won HOTW back in 2010.

HOWEVER: I NEED someone to help me change the intro, Text, basic structure, spawning into the world, getting the National dex etc, as I have no idea where to start with it.

I would also like somebody to help me Insert some new sprites at a later date,

Contact info: PM me

Additional info. Helpers with the latter two will receive split credit with me: as this is a Solo venture I do not have a team.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Nov 24, 2023
Hack name: Mirage Of Tales

Hack of: FireRed

Completion: Around 60% completed game.

Additional Info: The hack has been completely planned out and is around 60% complete. In a nutshell, it contains a multi-decision based storyline which changes depending on actions.

My Hacking skills: Mapping, spriting, scripting, inserting ASM routines (but not writing them... YET), very small amounts of tile inserting, OW spriting.

What I'm looking for: I am not looking to start a team, hence why I spam this thread so much haha. I am trying my best to learn every aspect of hacking, but there are some more advanced things I can't make sense of, so would be very grateful if someone would help me with them(below), and in return, I could do any of the above for your own hack =)

My biggest priority is indexing and inserting custom trainer sprites and intro sprites(are they different?), a world-map, and for someone to help me design and insert a title-screen. I say design because all my own titlescreen designs have been pretty terrible. Huge credit would of course be given, and I will do my best to as mentioned do something substantial within my own skill range to help you in return.

Music is not a high priority, but it is something I'm considering.

Contact info: I would be grateful if anyone interested in helping me with the above issues could send me a PM here or on PHO - my username is the same. =) Thanks for reading!

Years
  • Seen Aug 10, 2015
Hack name: (Undecided)

Hack of: Fire Red

Additional information about the hack: it's in the beginner stage, freshly started

Finished percentage: 1%?

Your hacking skills: Scripting

What help or skill you're looking for: Hacking the world map; creating one and adding in in game

Additional contact information: PM me :)

Additional information: any help is appreciated :D

Years
Hack Name: Undecided:|

Hack of: Emerald BPEE

Finished Percentage: 3%

My Skill Level: Rookie:(

My Skills: Mapping, Script Editing, Pokemon Insertion, and Some Sprite Editing.

Skills you need: World map hacking, song editing and inserting, Unlz.gba knowledge, how to sprite trainers, the intro and the title screen, and how to fix game crashing bugs that occur;)

Contact Info: Email me at [email protected] or [email protected], or Message me on the Pokecommunity.

Additonal Info: All help is useful!{:3}

Thanks!:)

Years
Hack name: Poke'mon FireRed: Improved Version

Hack of: FireRed v1.0 BPRE

Additional information about the hack: Motivated by non-correlation between locations of places in-game and locations of places on the Town Map, then I took some liberties. Most difficult obstacle likely to be adding an optional ninth badge.

Finished percentage: <2%

Your hacking skills: Mapping, scripting, improvisation

What help or skill you're looking for: Debugging, primarily because this

Additional contact information: If I'm not online to be PM'd, email [email protected]

Additional information: May need a spriter in the future.

Last edited:
Years
Hack Name- Pokemon:Hourglass Version

Hack of- Emerald (Pokemon Essentials v13)

Any Additional Information About the Hack- Hitler. Now that I've got your attention, I'd like to introduce my game. Hourglass takes place in a world where Dialga and Palkia are at war. Three tears after the war started, the world became a jumbled mess. People and places from all of time and space have been brought here. To the Dealirus Region. Being a young Pokemon Trainer, the protagonist feels like it is his/her chance to become the greatest Pokemon Master ever! But first, he/she must defeat all 8 gym leaders and the Elite Four. But this is History's Set-up of leaders. Fight Leaders such as: Kim Jong Un, Hideki Tojo, Queen Elizabeth I, Adolf Hitler, and many more.

Finished Percentage- 5%

My Hacking Skills- Mapping, A Little Scripting, Inspiration

What Help or Skills You're Looking for- Spriting mainly, some scripting

Additional Contacting Information- [email protected]

Additional Information- I would really like this game to be ccompleted because I feel that it is different and worth the time.

Years
Hack name: Pokemon Saint Three Quests

Hack of: Firered BPRE

Additional information about the hack: ill create a thread in progressing hacks in 1/2 weeks so you will find information there

Finished percentage: close to 10%

Your hacking skills: I have some skills at scripting, mapping, trainers

What help or skill you're looking for:
(maybe ill need more help but currently those are what i really need)
Little bit of Scripting,Mapping.
A lot of help with
STD knowledge
Sprites
Tiles
Titlescreen
Region Map

Additional contact information: -Steam : pradipto , -Skype : pointerowoider2 , email : [email protected]

Additional information: -

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Apr 7, 2022
Hack Name: Pokemon Topaz

Hack of: Pokemon Ruby

Additional Information About Hack: Yet to be posted

Finished Percentage: Story is written and most pokemon sprites are inserted... so maybe 10-20%

Your Hacking Skills: I can do the mapping and spriting.

What Help or Skill are you Looking for: I really need help with scripting and inserting tiles would be
helpful but I can probably find a guide to that.

Additional Contact Information: Just email me at [email protected]

CosmicBlazer

Batman
Years
Hack name: Pokemon Cosmic

Hack of: Firered

Additional information about the hack:

Finished percentage: Planning stage still

Your hacking skills: Mapping, Inserting Pokemon Sprites and Trainers, Advanced Beginner Scripter and a little of Intermediate

What help or skill you're looking for: I need help with inserting tiles

Additional contact information: Just message me on this forum if you want to help thank you.

~Justified~

~Working On A New Rom Hack~
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Nov 23, 2015
Hack name: (No Name Yet) Project Name: Project Chaos

Hack of: Pokemon Emerald Version

Additional information about the hack: The game will host a large variety of features, and there will be a decent-length post game.

Finished percentage: 0% but I'm not new to hacking, this is just a new project I've taken up. I can't start yet without the help I'm looking for here.

Your hacking skills: Mapping, scripting, inserting sprites, spriting, and story writing.

What help or skill you're looking for: Someone to insert tiles for me in AdvancedMap. I have a lot of tiles that need to be inserted.

Additional contact information: PM Me if you can do it, I'll give you my email if you need it.

Additional information: None

Ash Ketchum 11

If you need any photos or sprites modified (color) or anything, shoot me a pm.

Years
Hack name: Pokémon Silver Destiny

Hack of: Fire Red

Additional information about the hack: http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=319099

Finished percentage: There is an alpha released in the progressing hacks section and about 80% of a beta that goes through Goldenrod

Your hacking skills: Mapping All info for a Pokémon including things like moves stats pokedex etc.

What help or skill you're looking for: OW sprites. I'm not looking for anything completely original just some sprites for the Johto characters like Silver Gold etc.

Additional contact information: PM me or if you are interested I can add you to Skype for easier communication

Additional information: All work will be 100% credited :)

ludicolodancer

Fabby the ninetails
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jul 9, 2014
Hack name: Pokémon Opaque
Hack of: it was originally a diamond and pearl hack, but now I'm thinking of making it emerald
Additional info on hack: The Stora region, a place where myth and lore is rich. A man who goes by the name of Dark is trying to capture the legendary Pokemon so he can use their power to summon Arceus, so he may bring about a new world order.
Finished percentage: 0%
Skills: I'm only good at making up the whole game, I can't really do anything but that, and I'm ashamed
Help or skill I'm looking for: spriter, scripter, mapping, and changing some gym leaders and Pokemon. Starters included.
Contact info: [email protected]
Additional info: all help is accepted and appreciated, if you would like to know more about the story just PM me

Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Apr 29, 2016
Hack Names: Pokemon Cerice, Pokemon Theta Rose, Pokemon Valkyrie, Pokemon Mutants, Pokemon Exeunt, Giratina's Generation

Hack of: Ruby(Cerice, Valkyrie, Mutants) Fire Red(Theta Rose, Exeunt, Giratina's)

Additional Information: The 5 Part Series of Pokemon Cerice, Theta, Valkyrie, Mutants, and Exeunt all follow a larger storyline, and all reference each other. Giratina's Generation takes part in the Distortion World as a "Reaper" who uses the should of dead Pokemon to battle.

Finished Percentage: Cerice (85-90%) Theta Rose, Valkyrie,Mutants, Exeunt (0%) Giratina's (0-5%)

Skills: Mapping, Spriting, Storyline creating

What help/skill am I looking for: Scripters!!!!! Creative Thinkers for Plot, Beta Testers, Spriiters, Mappers

Additional Contact Information: Contact me at [email protected]

Additional Information: Any help would be appreciated!

Years
  • Seen Jun 17, 2014
Hack name: Pokemon Blitz

A hack of: Pokemon FireRed

Additional information about the hack: This hack is darker than most with what I hope to be a realistic reality to Pokemon and the region. Check out the hack page for additional info.

Finished percentage: 1

My hacking skills: Basic map editing and talking scripts.

What help I am looking for:

I can only do basic talking scripts - Therefore I need Someone who is skilled in making complex scripts and heavily based story scripts.

Battles - I can't do Pokemon battle sequences so I need someone who can.

Intro - Someone who can make a custom title screen and change the introduction.

Graphics - I need custom in game graphics for the feel that I am going for!

Contact info is below.

Find the hack in the beginners lounge (Won't let me post links :( )

Comment on the hack page or Email me at - [email protected]

Yubertooo

Andromedic
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Sep 12, 2021
Hack name: Hoenn Remake

Hack of: Emerald

Additional information about the hack: I just wanna bring the hoenn region with new pokemons and stories :)

Finished percentage: 10%

Your hacking skills: Mapper, Region Mapper

What help or skill you're looking for: Scripters, Trainer sprites, Pokemon Sprites almost all :3 Sorry because i almost create it 1 day ago. And I'm only done on about 4-5 maps.

Additional information: I'm new to forums and I want to create a pokemon game :3

Autobot Tap OUT

the "wonder guard Warrior" special ability is Wond
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Sep 16, 2015
name Pokemon Sebring
Rom Emerald
Top Percentage 10%

What I need help for: change the way the region looks ( already took care of some things like the routes and town names ),
sprites
add small detailing like a teleporter
physical/special split gen 6 typing
intro change
redo pokedex pages
gen 4,5,6 Pokemon

this would be my first hack/edit

skills needed : mapper, Scripter, sprite editor
if anybody has the talent i would gladly thank you for the help :t384:
i am new to the forums

contact info:
[email protected]