• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[ARCHIVE] Simple Questions (SEARCH BEFORE ASKING A QUESTION)

Status
Not open for further replies.

exedissolve

Straight-edge
Years
  • Seen Aug 3, 2013
I assume that you're talking to me and I tried it and it was cut into segments. I have realised that it is due to size modification.

Also, does anyone know how to edit the name of the pokemon (I forgot :P) and does anyone know how to edit the picture of the pokemon next to the nickname and in your party?
wat rom you hacking with?

Youji

Game Designer
Years
I have it but I don't know how it works.. :(

As I know you have to make your own cry and save it as a 8bit .wav file and get the offset of the cry of the Poké you will change and dump your cry on it. But I don't know any Pokémon Cry offset and I tried it with an tut and it doesn't work. After I heard it my game crashed.

linkandzelda

Ex-rom hacker turned indie game developer
Years
Depends on what you mean by automatically... I personally choose to give the flag "0x10A" pretty early on. This flag, when combined with the regular pokedex flag will enable the national dex.

hi i need some help
what is the regualar pokedex flag in fr/lg?

all help appreciated

Years
  • Seen Dec 13, 2008
The one for Map Purger, but I used google to find it, so thanks anyways!

When I make a new map, sometimes it looks just like the map I was editing when I made a new map. Why is this, and why is it that when I change its name, it changes the name of the other map, too? Thanks!

Last edited by a moderator:
Years
  • Seen Jul 27, 2007
How to get the flag

to get the flags can't you just go into the pokemon rom and get them some how. If this is possible how do you do this?

HackMew

Mewtwo Strikes Back
Years
  • Seen Oct 26, 2011
Also, does anyone know how to edit the name of the pokemon (I forgot :P) and does anyone know how to edit the picture of the pokemon next to the nickname and in your party?

To edit the names of the Pokémon you can use an hex editor which support table files. After loading the ROM within the hex editor, just search for the Pokémon name that you want to edit and change it. Alternatively you can use the tool called N-E-A.

Regarding the second question, use IconEd.

Where is /what offset ist the titlescreen of ruby in TLP???

The titlescreen is LZ77 compressed and therefore you won't find it using TLP (or anyway you won't recognize it). You have to use unLZ-GBA instead.

to get the flags can't you just go into the pokemon rom and get them some how. If this is possible how do you do this?

You can look in a script of your choice to see which flags are activated/disactivated.

what is the regualar pokedex flag in fr/lg?

I think this question has already been answered. However the flag is 0x828 (setflag 0x828).

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Dec 13, 2008
I am not sure if anyone here uses PokeScript, but when I try to burn a script to my sapphire ROM, it asks me for a floating pointer. What is this, and why is it doing this? Thanks!

francyss

No imagination for this
Years
Sorry for my noobness, but I need need to know how to change what Oak says when you pick the starter pokémon, 'cause I changed'em all here on my little project and I don't know how to do it.

Hiidoran

[B]ohey[/B]
Years
How do I find the pokemon offsets and how do I edit their names?
If it's easier, does anyone know of a tutorial?
It's very simple really, Just open a hex editor of your choice and load a table file. Then, proceed to the search function. Go to "search text" and type in the name of the Pokemon you want. Eventually you'll come across a location where it will look like.
Code:
BULBASAUR.IVYSAUR.VENUSAUR.SQUIRTLE
etc. Just type in the new name you want to give it. Be careful though, don't go over the alloted space!

Sorry for my noobness, but I need need to know how to change what Oak says when you pick the starter pokémon, 'cause I changed'em all here on my little project and I don't know how to do it.
Use a Hex editor. Do almost exactly what I said above, except look for when Oak say's the pokemons' name.

Yes, you can use MapPurger. Anyway, take my advice: try the program on a clean ROM before ;)
Wow, I didn't even no about this... I need to do some more research. ~Takes out a pen~

Hope it helped!
-Hiidoran

Last edited:

bxela1

Jirachi's number 1 fan
Years
It's very simple really, Just open a hex editor of your choice and load a table file. Then, proceed to the search function. Go to "search text" and type in the name of the Pokemon you want. Eventually you'll come across a location where it will look like.
Code:
BULBASAUR.IVYSAUR.VENUSAUR.SQUIRTLE
etc. Just type in the new name you want to give it. Be careful though, don't go over the alloted space!

Hope it helped!
-Hiidoran

Sorry, I don't have a table file, but don't worry I got NEA and changed it myself.

There's only one thing to edit before I will have finished the 1st starter pokemon (not the evolve forms). I need to make the cry. I tried making one in audacity but when I open up pokecry, i have no idea what to do. In the end, my WAV file becomes bland.

Once I make the cry, i'll start editing the maps to get closer to my 1st BETA

ADDED: I can upload the WAV if you want.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Jul 27, 2007
I need the flags from pokemon firered. do you know how to get them. How do you look in script if it is already inserted in a game?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back