• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Other FULL] «Sword Art Online: Sanctuary» [OOC/SU][T]

Turnip

Magnificent Turnip
Years
Hmm. I watched (what I can only assume is) all of arc 1, but I haven't seen any of the other arcs, nor have I read any of the novel thingies. I'm not that big of a watcher of Animé, though it is enjoyable when I do watch it. Still, don't think I'll be watching the other ones - especially considering what I've heard of arc 2... Ethics Code ON, thanks very much :p

And yeah, this whole kind of thing is pretty uncomfortable, which may sound unexpected coming from a teenage male. I'm not that way inclined, anyhow. I don't think either myself nor Turnip feel the need for any kind of intimate interaction - though Turnip actually has something of a reason for it, which I may or may not divulge.

Crunch Punch

fire > ice
Years
I think the SAO anime is overrated and I didn't even completely like the first arc (KiritoxAsuna was cute at first but got overly irritating and cringey after a while, I preferred badass Kirito :c) and less said about the Alfheim arc, the better. I still however enjoyed watching it (...to an extent) and just love the idea in general, and the world is interesting as well. I still do however plan to read the light novels whenever I can be bothered to find good translations in the internet.

Are there any plans for any other arcs to be covered by the anime? Seeing as how the first two blew up in terms of popularity I would of assumed whoever made them would be desperate to make more episodes, unless that's not how anime producers think? :s

Sapphire Rose

[I]Only thorns left on this rose.[/I]
Years
I am not planning on bringing any of the other arcs in this RP because there is a high chance that this RP might take about 1/2 years to finish :s

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
Years
I dunno, I didn't really like Kirito. Like Turnip, my favorite thing about SAO was the world, and I did like Kirito for a while (pretty much up until the murder mystery), but then he just turned into the "OP quiet dark-haired loner character" that I don't particularly like. In the anime he's too badass and too inhuman, and its because you read from Kirito's perspective that things make sense.

In fact, Kirito is like the white-haired Dante. The problem is, he doesn't follow the magnificent b@$t@ard trope. With Dante, he's meant to be comical and overpowered, it works. With Kirito, however, you're not really given any real reason to cheer for him after the sixth episode. The moment he meets Asuna, the characters take a backseat to romance. He has basically no apparent flaws, and worst of all, he can break paralysis with love. All of these things really had me cheering for Kayaba, because while Kirito experienced the pain of loss, he rarely ever tasted defeat or felt the pain of weakness. He just fought and pulled out newer powers and unparalleled strength, leaving others in awe of him while they themselves took a backseat (the best example of this is the episode where the Dual Swords are introduced). He's just too powerful for the story's own good and has no real foil to set him off.

...Well, that's the reviewer in me coming out, but that's largely why I like SAO for SAO rather than the cast or Alfheim. For the most part.

Satan.EXE

King of the Hell
Years
  • Age 29
  • C:\
  • Seen Jun 12, 2015
I dunno, I didn't really like Kirito. Like Turnip, my favorite thing about SAO was the world, and I did like Kirito for a while (pretty much up until the murder mystery), but then he just turned into the "OP quiet dark-haired loner character" that I don't particularly like. In the anime he's too badass and too inhuman, and its because you read from Kirito's perspective that things make sense.

In fact, Kirito is like the white-haired Dante. The problem is, he doesn't follow the magnificent b@$t@ard trope. With Dante, he's meant to be comical and overpowered, it works. With Kirito, however, you're not really given any real reason to cheer for him after the sixth episode. The moment he meets Asuna, the characters take a backseat to romance. He has basically no apparent flaws, and worst of all, he can break paralysis with love. All of these things really had me cheering for Kayaba, because while Kirito experienced the pain of loss, he rarely ever tasted defeat or felt the pain of weakness. He just fought and pulled out newer powers and unparalleled strength, leaving others in awe of him while they themselves took a backseat (the best example of this is the episode where the Dual Swords are introduced). He's just too powerful for the story's own good and has no real foil to set him off.

...Well, that's the reviewer in me coming out, but that's largely why I like SAO for SAO rather than the cast or Alfheim. For the most part.
I actually like your inner reviewer.

Think you could find and paste the "Ethics Code" piece of novel here? I'm curious, because I don't remember them even mentioning it in the anime, at least not as an "Ethics Code". I'd be curious how that works exactly, especially when they can turn it off and on like that.

Additionally. I was kinda annoyed at just how much of a girl-trail he had following him. The whole badarse thing doesn't work as well on a 14/15/16 year old. It just... Doesn't.

And... Seriously, why all of the girls!? WHY ALL OF THE FANSERVICE!? WHY THE INCEST PLOT!?!?!? Too much. With Lisbeth, that one kind of made sense at least. It seemed like the whole Asuna-Kirito relationship happened far too quickly in the anime (I hope that's not the case in the books). Then there's Leafa (I'm not sure what was more awkward, the single tentacle scene, or the many scenes of incest-plot throughout the entire second arc!) and then there were those two that were both trying to cling to him in ALO.

sword_art_online_20_12.png

YOU TELL HIM, YUI-CHAN!

Last edited:

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
Years
So, um...I was wrong. Well, mostly.

So the manga does have a 16.5 chapter (of sorts), but the LN originally had one as well, and...

...Just...wow. I mean, WOW. I mean wow so much that I think it should never be mentioned in the thread again, because it's quite...detailed. It turned what was a generally mild experience into something that shoots the age rating off the charts. The thing is, after a little research I found out that it's not actually canon (as it's not an official release). It was just a piece of work that Reki made after finishing SAO just because he could.

...In regards to Wolf's question, here it is. You'll remember some of this scene from the anime:
Spoiler:

The part about the Ethic Code specifically is in Bold.

Really, all the Ethic Code does is allow for clothes to be taken off completely, it doesn't actually add any functionality.

Satan.EXE

King of the Hell
Years
  • Age 29
  • C:\
  • Seen Jun 12, 2015
So, um...I was wrong. Well, mostly.

So the manga does have a 16.5 chapter (of sorts), but the LN originally had one as well, and...

...Just...wow. I mean, WOW. I mean wow so much that I think it should never be mentioned in the thread again, because it's quite...detailed. It turned what was a generally mild experience into something that shoots the age rating off the charts. The thing is, after a little research I found out that it's not actually canon (as it's not an official release). It was just a piece of work that Reki made after finishing SAO just because he could.

...In regards to Wolf's question, here it is. You'll remember some of this scene from the anime:
Spoiler:

The part about the Ethic Code specifically is in Bold.

Really, all the Ethic Code does is allow for clothes to be taken off completely, it doesn't actually add any functionality.
tl:dr; The manga 16.5 is highly inappropriate and it's best everyone avoid it NOW.

Kinda odd that it actually "happens" even though they're fairly young, though if I recall the legal age in Japan is fairly young, from an American standpoint anyway.

Off the topic of horrible topics, is there a release date yet for the translated novels?

Sapphire Rose

[I]Only thorns left on this rose.[/I]
Years
So I was right about chapter 16.5?

I-I mean...! Ofcourse I'm right! Pfft! Sarcasm, please don't take this line serious.

Ethic code off is also an option in the RP but like the rules says: Keep bed-moments behind the scenes. I don't want to read how some of you are having intimate moments >-> seriously...

I'm blaming Wolfy and Machomuu for making this RP seem perverted. c: muwahaha

Also, about Kirito...

I don't really hate him but I dislike how he seems to be almost cheating on Asuna while she was captured. I don't like guys who flirt with other girls while having a girlfriend .__. I'm not saying that it was all his fault but to me it seems like that.

Okay... I'm gonna be honest here. I didn't like the second arc mostly because of the same reasons you all have. That's why I hope that the third and fourth arc will be better. please don't dissapoint me Reki Kawahara...

Last edited:

Turnip

Magnificent Turnip
Years
It was just a piece of work that Reki made after finishing SAO just because he could.

Kind of a fitting reason, considering that I seem to remember a recurring theme in Fullmetal Alchemist where "because I can" was all of the justification for murder, torture and general hate crime. At least, I think it was FMA... Eh. Kind of puts it into perspective, anyhow :p just because you can do something, it really doesn't mean you should. Admittedly, though, Barry the Chopper was kind of awesome.

Crunch Punch

fire > ice
Years
*reads through page 42*

"Well, it can't be that bad, I mean I've never heard of anything that explicit in SAO anywhere so- oh, oh... crap that's... oh..."

I couldn't after just seeing the front cover of that... just wow. Why hadn't I heard of this before? I would of thought this would of been waaaay more controversial but erm... ok.

Ahem. Enough of that now. I guess we can enter floor two now so I'll be posting today in that regard. Stay tuned.

Back