• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

7th Gen Is anyone currently shiny hunting?

Years
In any gen VII game. Sun, Moon, Ultra Sun, Ultra Moon, Let's Go Pikachu, and Let's Go Eevee.

I'm currently breeding for a 5-6IV Shiny Jolly Mimikyu. \o/ Hopefully this won't be as tedious of an experience as Buneary orz.

Syntthetix

[color=ddccec]Porygon Programmer[/color]
Years
I'm forcing myself to get back to work on my Treeko hunt via Masuda method as of last night. I'm using the Magikarp egg swap method as well, and I've hatched 330 eggs so far. I'm reallyyyyy hoping this will show up soon since I love Gen 3 and want to have a shiny version of at least one of the starters.

Years
I'll just leave this here.

But I got full odds shiny Buneary last week and I'm currently hunting for shiny Own Tempo Rockruff through Masuda Method. I'm about 10 eggs in so far.

Years
gl all!

Hatched maybe 70-80 eggs so far and no go for Mimikyu yet, but I am determined to hatch at least 30 eggs a day during free periods. pls come home soon <3

Years
btw huge props to anyone who has the patience for shiny breeding because in my head that takes way longer than SOS chaining (even if it isn't, it certainly feels like it is!).

Last edited:
Years
Breeding can be tedious but it's so worth it when that shiny finally hatches.

Tried to chain Ponyta in Let's Go but the chain broke twice when I was around the 15 combo since it fled before I could quickly hit run upon noticing that flee animation kick in. Starting over wasn't any fun. idk I'll go back to it at some point, but at least with Masuda Method breeding there isn't any way to mess up, when all you're doing is continuously hatching eggs lol.

Last edited:

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
ugh i need to start a hunt for shiny alolan diglett/dugtrio tbh. i whine about wanting one yet make no moves to actually GET one. if anyone has motivation to spare, gimme it. lol

Syntthetix

Years
forgot to post it before, but I got my shiny Treecko after 738 eggs! So glad to finally have a shiny Hoenn starter after all these years

Years
finally got my shiny petilil!!

Spoiler:

isn't she cute??

for my next shiny hunting mission im going to shiny breed roselia for a shiny roserade!

Years
postponing my roselia shiny egg hatching for now because apparently having a shiny charm makes a difference in that.

thankfully i may or may not have some help from our resident sheep

EmTheGhost

I say a lot of words
Years
  • Age 24
  • Ohio
  • Seen Mar 24, 2023
I mentioned, like, months ago that I was soft-resetting the gift Charmander in Let's Go Eevee (for an all-shiny playthrough); I sorta took a break from playing Pokemon for a while, but now I'm back on it.

Last edited:

Syntthetix

Years
I decided to start a new shiny hunting challenge for myself in Alpha Sapphire. Basically, I'm going to go through every route in Hoenn that has grass on it and get every remaining dex nav shiny. I already have a ton of dex nav shinies, so that probably won't be a huge number to obtain, but I think it'll be pretty fun and a cool accomplishment. I may also go for the shinies on mirage islands afterwards as well.

Years
I'm around 690 eggs in for shiny Rockruff and I'm slowly feeling burned out of running on one place for hours, so I might drop it for now and play other games.

Back