• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Ruby hack: [Hack of the Year 2012] POKéMON LIGHT PLATINUM

Years
  • Seen Nov 17, 2016
Need quick a answer for the right steps in the 3rd gym in darkdust city can pass the teleporters

Trogdor the Valid

Custom User Title
Years
  • Seen Sep 1, 2011
Need quick a answer for the right steps in the 3rd gym in darkdust city can pass the teleporters

Dardusk*

1. Head into the first warp-point.

2. Go down.

3. Go down.

4. Step off of the one you end up on after 3, then step back on it.

5. You'll land on that one again. Go directly to the opposite corner (top right).

There you go. No advice, really. Gym leaders on Light Platinum are super easy.

U.Flame

Maker of Short Games
Years
How do you get Pichu to evolve? Is there still a happiness system? And, do only female Combee evolve into Vespiquen in this game? Just wondering...

I see this hasn't been answered yet.

From my experience, I believe Pichu still evolves from happiness. I haven't evolved Combee though.

Years
  • Seen Nov 17, 2016
Thank you for your help try it for my self whit no luck

Thank you for your help try it for my self whit no luck :-(

Last edited:

El Diabeetus

Amateur Voice Actor / ROM Editor ('Hacker')
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jun 10, 2020
I feel silly asking, but where's Rayner located, his Gym's empty and I've reached the Gym already, team is a Lv. 69 Charizard, 50 Sceptile, etc.

Edit: Nevermind, got it. Lv. 74 Charizard now and Snakebyte this translation is great and it came out quick too.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Aug 17, 2011
Is it me or wat, Im stuc again at the 8th gym of the 1st region....Drakebreath town, stuck here for 2 days n already finish the team steam base event.....plz giv some hints guys

BTW, Rayner is in the power plant building of serenity city....

Hahahahaha.....WT*

I didnt c tat alpha scupture thingy :embarrass

Thx to ash, juz wen through the previous posts

Last edited:

Trogdor the Valid

Custom User Title
Years
  • Seen Sep 1, 2011
Is there any way for me to get Oshawott?

Depends on whether you're to the city where you get your fifth generation starter or not. Do you systematically go building to building whenever you're in a new town? If not, you really should. Free Axews and Riolus galore. :pirate: Not to mention your starters. I got Totodile, Chimchar, and Snivy (I cannot find the third generation starters). So yeah, just scan each city. I don't remember which city it's in, but I think wherever it is, it's next to a PokeCenter.

Years
  • Seen Aug 18, 2014
Depends on whether you're to the city where you get your fifth generation starter or not. Do you systematically go building to building whenever you're in a new town? If not, you really should. Free Axews and Riolus galore. :pirate: Not to mention your starters. I got Totodile, Chimchar, and Snivy (I cannot find the third generation starters). So yeah, just scan each city. I don't remember which city it's in, but I think wherever it is, it's next to a PokeCenter.

I think the 3rd gen starters are in the Trainer School in Inhore City. If I remember correctly, the top floor, a Professor will be there.

Years
Why scizor ignores my commands??and what with the other pokemon that i will get by trade??will they also ignore me?
is it posssible to obtain vs seeker?

Last edited:

kyo_the_kitsune

Lord of the Fish
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Jan 16, 2017
Can anyone reccomend a good place for training for the Elite 4? My Team is all 55~60 and I want to train to 65 before trying again.

Banjora Marxvile

hOI!!!!!! i'm tEMMIE!!
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen today
why siczor is ignoring my orders??and whats with other pokemon that i will get by trade??will they also ignore me?

How many badges have you got and what level is the Scizor? Remember:

2 badges - up to Lv 30 obey from trades
4 badges - up to Lv 50 obey from trades
6 badges - up to Lv 70 obey from trades
8 badges - all Pokemon obey.

I don't know however if that depends on the order on the Trainer Card though...

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
Years
Stuck Again :(
Snowice City.
I Talked To The Gym Leader South Of Mt. IceStorm , But Shes Not At The Gym ..
Help Please ?
She will still be in cave. You need to meet her twice there. (The second time when you're about to meet her, she is close to the exit)

How do you get Pichu to evolve? Is there still a happiness system? And, do only female Combee evolve into Vespiquen in this game? Just wondering...
Pichu still evolves via happiness though male/female evolutions do not exist in LP...

Since this game has Gen4 pokemon, I'd like to know. Does this game run on the Physical Special split of the 4Gen or is it Pre 3rd gen? Also it's rare i get a good team at the begining of the game, I'm loving my party now. Go light platinum!
No... the only hack I can think of that has Physical/Special split is Liquid Crystal.

I also find the exp that you get when you beat a pokemon awkward. A trainers Venipede gave me like over 800 ex and Glameows evolution gave me 300 something exp.
Wesley did not edit exp giving (or whatever it's called xD).
You need to experience Metagross giving 84exp to find those exps weird xD

go beat the rycian gym leader. Thats what the LP Homepage says. And it says... TM26, not TM28
You still get Dig which is TM28... TM26 is EQ and that's elsewhere.

Johnster

Losing is not an option
Years

I already have my 6th gym badge and the fifth gen starters are no where to be found. I want to start training him already since my part is about Lv55+ already. I searched everywhere. :/

Snakebyte

About time, I'd say...
Years
  • Seen Sep 29, 2023
You get fifth gen starters in the second region.

Glaceon is not in the game.

Back