• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

PokemonMenu Error

Riansky

Purr
Years
I've been searching on forums for quite awhille now and couldn't find anything related to my problem. The problem is when I exit from PokemonMenu I get a error like this :
---------------------------
Pokemon Essentials
Exception: NoMethodError

PokemonPauseMenu:181:in `pbStartPokemonMenu'

PokemonPauseMenu:142:in `loop'

PokemonPauseMenu:256:in `pbStartPokemonMenu'

Scene_Map:188:in `call_menu'

Scene_Map:159:in `update'

Scene_Map:68:in `main'

Scene_Map:65:in `loop'

Scene_Map:72:in `main'

Main:37:in `mainFunctionDebug'

Main:15:in `mainFunction'

OK

I have no idea about Rgss scripting so dunno what i have to do :/ I hope someone could help me with this.

IceGod64

In the Lost & Found bin!
Years
I'm guessing that by PokemonMenu, you mean the pause menu. I have not seen this bug and I've been using the newest version of essentials since its release.

So, my first question is, are you using the same saved game you were using in an earlier version of essentials?

Riansky

Purr
Years
I'm guessing that by PokemonMenu, you mean the pause menu. I have not seen this bug and I've been using the newest version of essentials since its release.

So, my first question is, are you using the same saved game you were using in an earlier version of essentials?

No its not a pause menu. Its a menu when you open the pause menu and click Pokemon.

And I'm not using any saved game..

IceGod64

In the Lost & Found bin!
Years
Sorry, I do not have the error then... You said you don't know anything about RGSS scripting so I'm guessing you haven't made any changes?

Riansky

Purr
Years
No I haven't made any changes... I've tryed clean Pokemon Essentials and the bug does not happen. But it happens in my game. And I'm using January version of PE.

Maruno

Lead Dev of Pokémon Essentials
Years
Assuming it is indeed the latest Essentials, the "problem" line is the one that uses a move out of battle, specifically using it in the field (i.e. it closes the party screen first) and after checking whether it can be used at all.

Obviously something you've done has caused this problem. I would guess that you've added a new move that can be used out of battle, and that selecting it in the party screen doesn't return the proper information (it returns a range rather than [user,move id]). Either that or you've changed what happens when the party screen is closed, so that it returns something (a range); it should only return something if there's a move to be used, and -1 if not.

Riansky

Purr
Years
Assuming it is indeed the latest Essentials, the "problem" line is the one that uses a move out of battle, specifically using it in the field (i.e. it closes the party screen first) and after checking whether it can be used at all.

Obviously something you've done has caused this problem. I would guess that you've added a new move that can be used out of battle, and that selecting it in the party screen doesn't return the proper information (it returns a range rather than [user,move id]). Either that or you've changed what happens when the party screen is closed, so that it returns something (a range); it should only return something if there's a move to be used, and -1 if not.

I didn't add a move that can be used out of battle but I Indeed addet Pokemon following script by Help-14. Now that you said that I've might done something that caused this problem I've removed the pokemon following script and party screen works and closes normaly now.

Thanks.

Back