• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Set the mood or fit the mood?

Years
Do you pick your entertainment of the moment to suit how you're feeling or to create a kind of atmosphere that will help you change how you feel? In other words, when you're sad do you want to listen to sad music, watch sad movies, etc. etc. or do you put on something happy?

Perico

Ripper
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Jun 12, 2022
It depends on the situation. Sometimes, when I'm sad I like to take advantage of the situation so I'll listen to sad music (I like when this happens and it's raining). In a different situation where I'd like to be happy, I just wach funny videos on Youtube or listen to something motivating (It's my life by Bon Jovi can set my mood to a happy one).

Guy

just a guy
Years
If I'm feeling down or depressed, I wouldn't necessarily listen to music that's sad, but music that has a slower tempo or is really inspirational. To list a few examples: "Hurt" by Christina Aguilera, "Jar of Hearts" by Christina Perri, "Oblivion" by Batille, or even "Breakaway" by Kelly Clarkson.

...Omg, those are all sad and depressing songs. This is not a very good example.

When I'm in a normal or happy mood, I'll probably listen to anything really. Slow, uptempo, sad, happy, anything my heart desires.

My mood really doesn't affect what I watch or read though.

antemortem

rest after tomorrow
Years
When I'm feeling down, music in general helps to perk me up so I'm really indifferent as to what I listen to as long as it has a beat and I could maybe sing along with it, because singing along cheers me up pretty fast, especially alongside upbeat, lyrical tunes.

Sableye~

Back to PC~
Years
  • Seen Jan 4, 2018
It depends. If I'm down about something but I don't specifically want to get rid of it, I listen to music that's fitting. Same if I'm stressed about something, though I can't use music to get rid of that. Songs like that end up being ruined for me, though. If I'm in a good mood, I listen to anything but songs that were ruined for me.

Kura

twitter.com/puccarts
Years
I usually create my own mood. If I'm sad I will browse through funny pictures and stuff; but most of the time I try and create a pretty chill mood; some Chef Ramsay in the background; a bit of music, and chatting to some good friends online. Sometimes I will draw, tidy the flat, do other random chores.. once in a while, light a candle.. just a mood to be calming, really. :3

Years
  • Seen Sep 18, 2020
Neither. My music is effectively random when I have it playing.
I only watch programmes while eating, since I can't do anything else at the time.

moments.

quixotic
Years
Depends on how I want to feel. If I'm sad, some of the time I will soak myself in happy things to cheer me up, other times I will do the opposite, and use sad songs/films to help me reflect and draw upon that feeling.

Other times, if I'm neutral, I create a mood to help with thinking or inspiration or whatever thoughts plague me. Depends on everything...

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Mar 25, 2013
Well for me when I'm sad I'll listen to music to cheer me back up again, but I'll listen to some sad songs, then I'll also put on some happy songs. Sometimes when I'm feeling anger I'll play video games to calm me down. When I'm happy I'll either draw or play video games.

Back