• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What Pokemon do you tend to use the most?

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen yesterday
What Pokemon do you always come back to? What Pokemon finds itself in your team very frequently?

Years
  • Age 29
  • USA
  • Seen Sep 11, 2017
I always seem to use Pikachu in the Kanto games. I just always catch one in Viridian Forest. I don't always keep it, but I don't think I've ever played a Kanto game without catching one and using it, at least for a while. I also often find myself using the Pidgey line. It's just so common, and so fast, and just so high in attack... Even if it just gets abandoned, only to be used as a Fly slave, I almost always have one.

Firox

eepz, come help pwease!
Years
In my Unova games, I always rely on Dewott! (with an everstone) - every time I'm challenged to a Pokemon battle (other trainer having 2 or more Pokemon), Dewott will always battle, even at times with type disadvantage.

Years
  • Seen May 17, 2013
When on a battle simulator I use Ninjask as often as I can. In the games though I always end up training my starter to be the pokemon I rely on. Other than that I catch an early flying type (Pidgey, Swellow ect)

j_Woo

Patnogonian
Years
In competitive play, I just can't stay away from gliscor xD It's just such a good wall. And I use special nidoking a lot too :P

Powerserge

The Imminent Victor
Years
I've had a Nidoking on all of my main teams since Gen 1. It's so weird, because he just finds his way there somehow. His typing makes him a risky pick, but I just like his wide type coverage. Sheer Power was a real blessing to him, as well. I use Heracross pretty frequently too, because it's such an endearing Pokemon in every way. And of course if I'm ever using Ubers, Mewtwo is a necessity.

Last edited:

Luc-R-io

Unhatched Riolu Egg
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen May 1, 2015
For me, I always seem to use an Eeveelution in every single one of my competitive teams. They just work so well for me! Jolteon is my favorite sweeper. Vaporeon is my reliable tank/staller.

Ingame playing, I use Typhlosion and Lucario is each team. Adorable, right?

blue

gucci
Years
It always changes, my teams are always different through each playthrough. I guess I could say I've used Swellow more times than others, which is because it's my favourite Pokemon.

Years
I try to always have my favorites in my team if it is possible. Espeon and Ninetales are almost always the Pokemon that have to be in my team. Almost always because in some games they're just unobtainable or hardly obtainable.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 11, 2023
Yanmega! That cutie is on every single UU/OU team I make. It's just such a good Pokémon and even if it is only UU, it's still perfectly able to hold its own in OU. If you manage to get some support running with it ie Venomoth/Mew passing then it's a simply incredible Pokémon haha.

Years
  • Seen Apr 1, 2020
@j_Woo Gliscor is great to use, and can be such a pain to take down...

Another vote for Vaporeon and Lucario. Ferrothorn is also one of my favorites.

.Aero

Tell Me I'm A Screwed Up Mess
Years
Qwilfish has been a staple of my three UU teams so far because he handles Heracross so well and is an amazing physical pivot with access to Spikes, Thunder Wave, and Haze making him an excellent utility pokemon as well.

Years
  • Seen Jul 22, 2016
I love Magnezone way too much, killing off Steels just makes Dragons broken again. No Scizor to worry about is just too nice to ignore.

Molk

Recipe for disaster
Years
Dunno if its too late to post here, but Rotom-C is probably the one Pokemon i just can't stop using in RU, its just sooo useful for many different things. Electric/Grass with Levitate is a pretty nice defensive typing with a lot of cool resistances such as Electric, Water, Grass, and an immunity to Ground. This and Volt Switch makes Rotom-C probably one of the best offensive pivots in RU imo. The Choice Scarf set is one of the best revenge killers in RU , as well. I also like using Rotom-C in UU whenever i play there (admittedly not much .-.).

I also really love to use CB Entei and various Normal- and Flying-types such as Tauros, Zangoose, and Swellow, but i think i've used Rotom-C on far more of my successful teams than any of them.

srinator

well whatever be my team ,scizor is one guy i have to let in :O :D i mean i just bloody love him :D other than that there is dragonite :O my scizor generally has bug bite,bullet punch,roost and swords dance :)

Years
  • Seen Apr 25, 2016
In NU, my most used pokemon is probably Serperior because of its ability to function as a wall and as a sweeper with Calm Mind. I preferably use it the most because I like it and what I said before.

In RU, I would say Typhlosion.(as of like 3 RU battles..lol XD) Mainly because of Typhlosion's high base special attack along with its ability to run well as a scarfer.

Ubers would have to probably be Mewtwo. Not only is it one of my favorite legendaries, it also has a monster high special attack, allowing it to plow through any pokemon that do not resist its moves.

SomaQL

The Varia Suit
Years
Oh man, if you're looking for an unbreakable special wall in NU, Stunfisk is your 'mon.
Offensively, however, Scarved Simisear Outspeeds Scarved Jolly Sawk and can hit most of the tier with the set I run.

Back