• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Super Mario Bros. *Discussion*

Dragon

lover of milotics
Years
Mario_Series_Logo.PNG

Everyone knows about Mario bros, right? I thought it might be fun to discuss Super Mario Bros. which have been a series of games that have been in my heart since childhood. Take a look at the timeline that I've pulled from Wiki below, in case you want to see the list of games featuring the Super Mario Bros.

87a6b9929d4fb6115f6b9c4d933cc325.png

Now then, following suit, here's a couple of questions that you may consider - what do you personally think of the Super Mario Bros. series & franchise? How many of the Super Mario Bros. games have you played, and which ones are your favourite? Is there anything else you'd like to add?

Dreg

Done after the GT.
Years
  • Seen Jul 11, 2016
I like a few of the Super Mario games, but I haven't played anything beyond New Super Mario Bros. Looking at the list, I've only played 6 of these, and they are:
Super Mario Bros, Super Mario Bros Lost Levels, SMB2, SMB3, Super Mario World and New Super Mario Bros. My favorite of these games is Super Mario World, because the graphics look great, and Mario moves and jumps very fluently.

Years
  • Age 16
  • Seen May 28, 2019

Dragon

lover of milotics
Years
I fortunately had the pleasure of playing New Super Mario Bros U, and I agree that it's really fantastic and I reccomend to play it if you're looking for a decent Mario game to play! I'm still rampaging my way to try to get to Star Road, which it should be thaaaat hard, it's just, I tend to ignore the Star Coins if they're a liiiiittle out of the way in levels. #I'mthatlazy

I'm looking forward to Super Mario 3D World for the Wii U; it looks amazing~ *_*

Years
Mario%27s_Time_Machine_SNES.jpg

So, I have a really bad habit of liking the odd duck in the series. I guess alot of people really didn't like this title, but I guess being a kid who was really into history this just kinda came natural to me. Everyone I knew could beat Super Mario World, no one had ever beat Mario's Time Machine.

That being said, I'd probally hate it now.

I'm super looking forward to New Super Mario Bros U and 3D World. I really enjoyed New Super Mario Bros 2 for 3DS even if it was kinda an easy game. My all time favourite title though is 64. Though I never got a chance to sit down and beat Sunshine, Galaxy or Galaxy 2.

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
I'm a fan of the classic games, not only because I grew up with them, but they're the first games I've beaten and will never get bored of them. I always find myself screaming when I lose a life in Super Mario World, and get a little competitive when I play against my cousins in Mario Kart 64.

As I indulge into the newer games today, like Mario Bros Wii, I'm impressed that they still kept their cool, and I'm really glad that now my little sister, my little cousins and my niece are into the games, and really want to learn more about the classic versions, in which I was happy to share.

My favorite will always be Super Mario World.

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
I love the Super Mario Bros. series! I've been introduced to it when I was about six or seven, and I've stuck around with the franchise ever since. My first game was Super Mario 64. I've bought this game, along with a few others, when I went out to the mall one day with my mom for some Christmas shopping. This game was quite addictive for. The first day I got my hands Super Mario 64, I ended up playing it for nearly seven straight hours. xD My dad played with me for the first couple of hours, and he enjoyed it a lot. Seven hours of video games for one day was way over my limit, but my mom didn't get quite upset about it. She did restrict me from playing any games the next two days though, which sucked. :(

So far, I've played all the Mario games that have been ever released… well, other than the ones that weren't available in English. xD I couldn't get my hands on some of the older Super Mario games physically, but I was still able to play them on my computer thanks to all the emulators that people have built over the years.

My favorite Mario game would have to be Super Mario Sunshine. The graphics quality was absolutely fantastic for a GameCube game, and its music were very fun to listen to. They were all pretty catchy. The story was great, too. It had the ability to drag you into the game in an instant. Oh, and I loved the tropical environments that were in this game! The sand, the palm trees, the ocean, the sunshine—all of it were pretty brilliant. They had the ability to lift up your mood quite easily.

Last edited:

Dragon

lover of milotics
Years
Oh gods, I love Super Mario Sunshine; I really wish they made more games like that one. I agree about the music; it was so brilliant and nowadays, it's just simply nostalgic. The enemies were quite interesting - there was that slime monster whiiich I thought had the most awesome growl and roar at the time, yet, defeating it was preeetty simple.

Hm, how about enemies - do any of the Super Mario Bros. enemies stand out to you guys? Hm, I was really curious about Wigglers once upon a time.. how they get super angry when they.. get stomped, teehee.

Years
  • Seen Dec 24, 2013
I think the most replayable at the time I played it was super mario3. Just the aspect of so many secrets and an item inventory was just too good.

Back