• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

CBC's Tutoring Corner

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vrai

can you feel my heart?
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Oct 24, 2022
What's the problem with the download? If you PM/VM me, Wolf, or Vrai, we could probably assist you with fixing any problems you have with your downloading. If you physically cannot get it because you're using a home computer/parent's computer that you're not aloud to download stuff on, then I understand.

But yeah, it's Pokemon Online specific because it allows optimal teaching tools. Teams can be made on the fly and you don't have to spend forever building a team in Wifi only to find out that the Gliscor you trained for the team isn't performing as well as you had though, and then having to replace it by training another pokemon (all this can be done in mere minutes in PO).

Yep, I'd just like to repeat all of this, plus note that Pokémon Online is also used because we have a chat system-thing that we can utilize kinda as the group classroom. If you're unable to join the sessions, however, we still will post the logs and teams to be read over. You can still look over what all went on and what was discussed but if you can't get PO you are missing out on the biggest portion of it, which is to say actually being a part of it.

vaporeon7

My life would suck without you
Years
PC Pokémon Online Server Username: Vaporeon7
Timezone: +9:30
What do you feel you need to work on the most? Battling, building teams and predicting.
Is there anything we need to know about your schedule (like when you work, for example)?
Is Vrai a teacher?

WishCookie

ヽ(*・ω・)ノNo berries for you!
Years
Hi, i would like to sign up, but there is a problem. When i'm going to register i need to enter a password as you know. But when i'm trying to join servers it says that i'm disconnected and banned for some reason. I started to play Pokemon Online for like two days ago.

Does someone know what the problem is? I would be greatful if someone could give me an answer. =)

Last edited:
Years
Student

PC Pokémon Online Server Username: Chaosreins21
Timezone: utc -4
What do you feel you need to work on the most? battle strategies, team building, move sets, winning

im online all day so time dont matter

jabberjabber8

../\..
Years
I will put my self forward as a 5th gen OU tutor, I don't really no my time zone to be honest so im just going to say england...

Yono

Creepin' and Crawlin'
Years
Registering as a student. :)

PC Pokémon Online Server Username: Yono
Timezone: EST
What do you feel you need to work on the most?: Team Building/Prediction
Is there anything we need to know about your schedule: Currently I"m available only on Mondays and Tuesdays (11 AM - 3 PM). I'll try to be during these times. Hopefully I don't miss out.

Last edited:

Vrai

can you feel my heart?
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Oct 24, 2022
I will put my self forward as a 5th gen OU tutor, I don't really no my time zone to be honest so im just going to say england...

Hi. While it's wonderful that you want to be a tutor for us, there are three prerequisites that we want all the tutors to be able to fulfill: Firstly, you have to know what you're doing. You don't have to be amazing, just good enough to be able to pass on knowledge. Secondly, we want to be able to know you'll be a good tutor. We want to know if you'll be able to take people's misunderstandings and show them the right way without degrading them or insulting them or anything (not saying you would, but... it's always a possibility). Lastly we want tutors to be active. I don't think I've ever seen you active in S&M, CBC, or just the PO server. If you want to tutor, that's great and awesome but we need you to prove that you can fill these three criterion before you can be accepted.

Hi, i would like to sign up, but there is a problem. When i'm going to register i need to enter a password as you know. But when i'm trying to join servers it says that i'm disconnected and banned for some reason. I started to play Pokemon Online for like two days ago.

Does someone know what the problem is? I would be greatful if someone could give me an answer. =)
Try using a different username. Sometimes you might use one that's already registered and if you type in the wrong password it disconnects you.

PinkPirate

Skitty's Girls League Owner
Years
PC Pokémon Online Server Username: PinkPirate
Timezone: UTC -4
What do you feel you need to work on the most? I know so close to nothing that it surprises even myself.
Is there anything we need to know about your schedule (like when you work, for example)? Name a time and I will make it work.
Is there anything else you'd like to include about yourself? Hmmmmmmm. Not really. I have social anxiety disorder, so I may not say much during classes. But don't worry, I will be learning....quietly.

DavidBarnes

Forever young.
Years
PC Pokémon Online Server Username: DavidBarnes (Big Shocker, right?)
Timezone: GMT Pacific -8
What do you feel you need to work on the most? I really think my biggest thing is EV & IV's.
Is there anything we need to know about your schedule (like when you work, for example)? I'm usually home around 7 PM through the night. But sometimes, I will just stay home alllll day.

Perriechu

i make this look easy tik-tik boom like gasoline-y
Years
PC Pokémon Online Server Username: DavidBarnes (Big Shocker, right?)
Timezone: GMT Pacific -8
What do you feel you need to work on the most? I really think my biggest thing is EV & IV's.
Is there anything we need to know about your schedule (like when you work, for example)? I'm usually home around 7 PM through the night. But sometimes, I will just stay home alllll day.

I don't see why you need to work on these the most... I mean, Ev's and Iv's are really easy on PO. On PO, it's set to 31/31/31/31/31/31, the only time it's changed is when you set a Hidden Power, which are automatically set to the Hidden Power's spread. Ev's are easy as well, just type in what Ev's you want on your Pokemon. If it's not this, please could you elaborate on what you mean?

jabberjabber8

../\..
Years
Vrai said:
jabberjabber8 said:
Originally Posted by jabberjabber8

Hi. While it's wonderful that you want to be a tutor for us, there are three prerequisites that we want all the tutors to be able to fulfill: Firstly, you have to know what you're doing. You don't have to be amazing, just good enough to be able to pass on knowledge. Secondly, we want to be able to know you'll be a good tutor. We want to know if you'll be able to take people's misunderstandings and show them the right way without degrading them or insulting them or anything (not saying you would, but... it's always a possibility). Lastly we want tutors to be active. I don't think I've ever seen you active in S&M, CBC, or just the PO server. If you want to tutor, that's great and awesome but we need you to prove that you can fill these three criterion before you can be accepted.

firstly I do no what I am doing I was a total novice a month ago (you may have seen some post here by me) but I have spent the last month on PO and I would be happy to demonstrate that you any time
secondly, well i have never been a tutor before I am just looking for a project to do over the holidays. so i guess there is only one way to find out if i will be helpful or not.
lastly I am not active on the competitive battle forum here because i use smogon forum for that sort of thing. (I use this forum for rom hacking just noticed the banner and decided to check it out) and as for the PO sever i use the tree house server, i used to use the PC server but there was never any one on.

Sorry about the short post earlier, if you have any more questions please feel free...

WishCookie

Years

Try using a different username. Sometimes you might use one that's already registered and if you type in the wrong password it disconnects you.

Thank you so much, i will try. =)

Years
I've messed around on Shoddy, but I've never battled with GenV and I'm still horrible, so sign me up. :D

PC Pokémon Online Server Username: poopnate
Timezone: -5UTC
What do you feel you need to work on the most?: Predicting and GenV
Is there anything we need to know about your schedule: I'm on Holiday, so I'm free whenever!

WishCookie

Years
So, i'd like to join as a student so here we go!

PC Pokémon Online Server Username:WishCookie

Timezone: Sweden GMT +1

What do you feel you need to work on the most? I think i need to work pertty much at stats, abillities and nature. I think i need to work on my teams attack combination as well, i also need to train much at Ev and Iv training.

Is there anything we need to know about your schedule (like when you work, for example)?
I'm on holiday, i'm free in three months. So I will be active every day. But i will also be active after the holiday because i got alot of freetime but after the summer i'm going to school from 8:30 to 15:40 and after that i'm all free. I will do my best to be a good student and succeé. =)

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen yesterday
thanks everyone for signing up! i will most likely decide on a date for the first class soon, and will probably close the sign ups for the one-on-one tutoring soon if we have enough tutors.

so you can't do this with WiFi?
Well thats leaving me out again, i can't download it...
i decided that if the members who can't use pokemon online, and use pc's irc, they can still join if we have enough tutors that can teach there. that's only for the one-on-one tutoring though, and not the classes (like vrai said, the log will be posted, but you won't be able to experience it).

edit:
Is Vrai a teacher?
yes.

Last edited:

WishCookie

Years
I forgott to say that i'm very active at the community! i'm online in like 3-5 Hours at day if note more. :D

Vrai

can you feel my heart?
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Oct 24, 2022
firstly I do no what I am doing I was a total novice a month ago (you may have seen some post here by me) but I have spent the last month on PO and I would be happy to demonstrate that you any time
secondly, well i have never been a tutor before I am just looking for a project to do over the holidays. so i guess there is only one way to find out if i will be helpful or not.
lastly I am not active on the competitive battle forum here because i use smogon forum for that sort of thing. (I use this forum for rom hacking just noticed the banner and decided to check it out) and as for the PO sever i use the tree house server, i used to use the PC server but there was never any one on.

Sorry about the short post earlier, if you have any more questions please feel free...

Nope, I've never seen a post by you. Demonstrations would be effective and probably necessary. ;x We're still unsure of how long this will last so honestly I dunno if it will be just "over the holidays" or longer than that or what. Also we still would appreciate activity in the forums and on the PO server from our tutors. At least that way we can get a sense of regularity and how often they're online, what they're like, etc. It'd be fantastic if you'd get more active here before you become a tutor, should you want to.

Years
  • Seen Nov 6, 2017
Student
PC Pokémon Online Server Username: acealo
Timezone: PST (-8 GMT, I think)
What do you feel you need to work on the most? Everything(never even attempted before)
Is there anything we need to know about your schedule (like when you work, for example)? im open all morning but on wed. and thurs. i have soccer at 6 pm PST. im back around 830.
Is there anything else you'd like to include about yourself? Im very interested and will try my hardest to learn and succeed.

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 12, 2024
Hey all.
Posted this in Vrai's blog, thought I would do it again just in case. You know, for efficiency's sake.

What would be the best timeframe for you to be able to get online?

-I'm free of all external distraction between 11pm - 2:30am EST any night, every night.
-If not, than weekdays from 5:30pm - 7:30pm EST.
-And if all that doesn't fly, than weekends at 12:30pm - 2:30pm EST. will also work for me.

Have you ever battled competitively before? (Not like a casual match with your friends - this means using things like EVs and breeding for Hidden Powers, or battling online with a simulator like Pokémon Online)

-Yes. Very much so. The inner workings of strategy and hidden variables of each Pokemon is what peaked my interest in competitive battling, and thus, led me here. ;3

If you have, can you categorize what you struggle most with? (things like predicting, team building, dealing with opposing threats, etc.) If not, that's alright too.. this question is just so we can better identify what we need to focus on.

-Team building, team synergy, identifying and applying team roles, prediction and analysis, and whatever you guys are willing to teach.

jabberjabber8

../\..
Years
vrai said:
Nope, I've never seen a post by you. Demonstrations would be effective and probably necessary. ;x We're still unsure of how long this will last so honestly I dunno if it will be just "over the holidays" or longer than that or what. Also we still would appreciate activity in the forums and on the PO server from our tutors. At least that way we can get a sense of regularity and how often they're online, what they're like, etc. It'd be fantastic if you'd get more active here before you become a tutor, should you want to.

Fine I will start using this instead of smgon, and as for the PO server what sort of numbers are you getting on there at the moment i use treehouse witch has a constant 20 people on it most of the time..? last time i checked PC server was lucky to have 3 people on at one time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back