• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Developing] Pokemon Online - POL

mjolnirIV

Graphic Designer
Years
Good to see you guys finally advertised somewhere haha. (Btw its Craig incase you're wondering) The new sprite style is awesome, I'm kinda guttered I left before I got to try out spriting in the new style, oh well. Its looking good, I'll have to keep an eye out for progress in the future now. =)

Fblaster

Spriter Prime
Years
Craig, nice to see you here. You're free to re-join the team in this new phase, if you want. The team is as friendly as ever ;P

Imags, that's a nice compliment to hear. Hope to see you around ;)

PS: The old sprites have started being released to public in spritesheets at the tutorials and resources sub-forum. Make sure to take a look.

Last edited:

mjolnirIV

Graphic Designer
Years
Haha, thanks for the offer, as tempting as it is, I'm too busy unfortunately to rejoin the staff. It would tempting to just try making one minisprite though, just to see what the new template is like lol

Years
  • Seen Nov 13, 2012
I'm waiting for this for a long time, thank you for create this game for us.
By the way, when I saw the screenshot of the client, I was forced to post something here.
I think the chat box header is way too big, mini map and party too.
Also, the buttons at bottom right (chat, settings, Pokéball, and other) is too big and need it's unique icon.
Then, the form header will be better if reworked, it's still like normal windows form.
A simple font will be make it better.

Sorry if I complained too much, I just want this game to be the best Pokémon online game ever.
I'll wait for this game to be released, good luck everyone. :]

BlorkGlork

Better Starter. Better Game.
Years
  • Seen Nov 20, 2012
This seems promising :) Here is what i like and don't like......

Good.

I really like that you can choose so many option's, such as Gym's, Join a bad team. Join a good team. Awesome sprites:)

Bad.

The map look's a little bit old like the gym. and pokecenter/pokemart. It doesn't look that colorful(No flare).

Its really only the map that bothers me. It would be cool if you re-did the gyms and pokecenter/pokemart. Make it look like a new experience. I even though it is small it would make a HUGE difference.

I really think if you did that it would be awesome.

Fblaster

Spriter Prime
Years
BlorkGlork, I want to thank you for your feedback. I have to say that probably not a lot of changes are gonna happen. One of our goals is to keep as close as possible to the canon material. So, mart/pokecenter and gyms like the originals. They were graphically revamped to a higher definition, but other than that we're keeping them. In POL original areas and never before acessed in the games places (like Orange Islands, event specific places, other platform games, etc) our mapping team will be set loose to their creativity, but that will wait until basic "traditional" regions are ready (Kanto is 100% mapped, btw).

Thanks for all your interest and make sure to drop by and give us our opinions!

Theik

Fancy Cape Knight
Years
  • Age 36
  • Seen Nov 16, 2014
I love the new spritestyle, very nice looking. Are those completely scratchmade or are they based on something?

Fblaster

Spriter Prime
Years
I love the new spritestyle, very nice looking. Are those completely scratchmade or are they based on something?

Hello Theik. Yes, they are scratch made. A part of our team focus on spriting the templates, which will be used by all the team to produce and refine all the different characters of the Pokemon universe. We have a very friendly team where more talented members teach newer members who wish to learn, so it all results in a great community making quality sprites for the love of it.

Thanks for your question ;)

Fblaster

Spriter Prime
Years
Just a major bump to let you all know progress is still being made. With a little eye treat on a character I personally love:

2ahyws0.png

also, a little something from our mapping team:

ac549f468f0e93be8a5e8219f50b327b-d6guepm.png

Compliments from the POL team, and we hope to see you there ;)

Fblaster

Spriter Prime
Years
Hello Pokecommunity!

Just dropped by to state that we are still alive and pumping through progress!

I'll post this here for some eye candy, and state yet again that contributors are always welcome, especially spriters. Ours are quite a bit busy with mapping and tiling Hoenn right now.

molduragen_by_fblaster-d6u2aja.png

That's all for now, hope to see you around!

7highstraight

Lucky 7
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jul 18, 2015
Ahh, this is making me want to help again, but I'm too busy. Maybe over the summer. I'm glad somebody fixed up that Melody sprite, it looks good.

Fblaster

Spriter Prime
Years
Ahh, this is making me want to help again, but I'm too busy. Maybe over the summer. I'm glad somebody fixed up that Melody sprite, it looks good.

7highstraight, you are always welcome to drop by the skype group. Even if you don't contribute regular progress, you can check progress and speak with everybody. We have a new group, with all artists together (spriters, mappers, tilers), so if you feel like dropping by, leave a message.

Hope to see you there.

Fblaster

Spriter Prime
Years
So, I'm back here to tell you all that the project is far from dead.

Progress is going steady and the team is dedicated as ever.
I've updated the opening post with some new images, and soon we will have a teaser video for you all.

POL lives :D

EDIT: Another piece of info, we are close to having a functional demo for you all to play. But to quicken it up, we could really use some more spriting hands to join the team. Any volunteers, please don't hesitate to contact me.

Back