• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Showcase] KuRuI's Doodle Corner

Kurui

Kageroza's Waifu
Years
Behold some doodles of mine. I barely ever finish anything I start outside of pure game art. >_>;;

Colouring practice of a half-drunk Axel from KH (a series which I hate, and a character I don't like, but thought would somehow be fun to draw/colour on)
Spoiler:

A quick drawing of a sleeping Kageroza-kun, because I'm a strange fangirl who likes to watch him sleep XD (as he does so in the anime once)
Spoiler:

A small animated sketch of Hepsibar loling his crazy insane lol laugh. I love Hepsibar. He is RIGHTEOUS.
Spoiler:

A WIP of a character from a game I was working on. Then the owner left it. .__.;;
Spoiler:

Random small pointless animations I did quickly for the lolz.
Spoiler:

Last edited by a moderator:
Years
I'm really liking your coloring style here! The lighting in the second picture is really nice, though I truly wish I could see a bigger version. >: But honestly, great job!

Have you done any full body work? I'm mostly seeing the upper bodies here so I was curious if you'd done any full body (do these just happen not to show the body entirely or are you perhaps just more comfortable doing waist up shots?). If you have, I'd love to see them! :D

Kurui

Kageroza's Waifu
Years
Well I barely ever finish anything but I do have some sketches and half-finished full body looking pictures. I'm a little bit new at colouring. I got better as I tried more. I think. I'll find some fuller body WIPs. *digs them out*

This one was for another game where the owner kind of never paid attention to it. It was the official character art.
Spoiler:

Here was a random sketch of a character. Yeah.
Spoiler:

And another old sketch for yet another project the owner bailed on. (This one was a manga)

Spoiler:

And back when I didn't know how to colour at all.....a WIP I also never finished. Man, I must be lazy >_>.......This one isn't full body but it can show you how bad I was compared to now?
Spoiler:

Kurui

Kageroza's Waifu
Years
Kay so, people on my team told me my anime drawings look "just like all the generic action anime out there" for the game we were making so they told me to try to stretch features and put more detail and do my lineart less smoothe and the result was................completely strange looking bishounen! I fails.

maybestyles.png

But yeah there. ._.;;

Kura

twitter.com/puccarts
Years
If you would actually like some help with something, may I recommend the Drawover Paintover thread that's stickied in this art section. I could help you better then if you would like a thorough critique.

Other than that, you have the basics down and I like how you continue to push yourself. Keep at it and keep posting and you'll be sure to grow <3

Kurui

Kageroza's Waifu
Years
Sketching around a bit for the main character of that game I'm working on trying to do a sketch I can draw over for his neutral semi-animated in-game shoulders-up portrait.

yukiod1.png

This is what I have thrown up onto digital canvas for Yukio. I've sketched around for about an hour until I came up with this basic "look" for him and started dabbling around a bit for his clothes. o_o

I'm also starting a gesture and proportions drawing program to help study human anatomy, of which I know absolutely nothing about! XD Comments always welcome. I might post some in the crit thread like maybe once I finish linking/colour of Yukio's shoulder-up, because right now it might be a little hard to critique something that's just a very rough sketch.

Treecko

the princess without voice
Years
You should finish some of these, they look extremely awesome. I love your coloring and the animations are pretty superb.
Keep posting these.

Kurui

Kageroza's Waifu
Years
More pieces. I put in the critique thread too, but I can take critique here as well.

kiriban_1_wip_2_ahmagerd_by_glumshanksgirl-d5s1aoy.png

This one is for a Kiriban prize I'm working on. It's going to be a full piece of art with a background and everything. And more figures besides this one in it. >_< It will be my very first background piece I work on seriously without just throwing random stuff down. And it will show Glumshanks-san of Skylanders <333, and more Skylander characters, and then the winner in there, as requested.

and

jitter_doll_shizo_cover_by_glumshanksgirl-d5kkp9i.png

This is my friend's UTAU, she sketched it, and I fixed it and added to it and coloured it, and Toady helped on the background. Her name is Shizo Momochi (or Momochi Shizo in japanese way). Her theme song is Jitter Doll (that's what the text says, and you can hear her sing it there: https://soundcloud.com/inabakageroza/jitterdoll-shizo-cv

And this one is am pretty proud of because i did with a laptop finger pad XD. it took me like an hour to do though >_> It is my masuta, Lord Kaos of Skylanders.

proud_of_self_by_glumshanksgirl-d5rtqi0.png

My art skills are improving with a bit of daily practice. Right now I'm trying to learn how to better shade clothes.

morning_by_glumshanksgirl-d5r4de0.png

This was part of an art trade. My friend's OC fixing her hair and there's a little barrette in her mouth XD And yes she has foxy ears.

practicingdesu_by_glumshanksgirl-d5r84a3.png

And this I was trying to draw more cartoony proportions instead of anime, but someone said it still looks like anime, just the older versions or something.

And I post some of my stuff on DA: http://glumshanksgirl.deviantart.com/

If you want to watch me grow and practice.

Kotone

someone needed a doctor?
Years
i love your art style. i love how everything looks so realistic, but has an anime touch to it. my favorite is the one girl with the fox ears. it looks so different than the rest it's more realistic and i love her glossy eyes. what bothers me is the blurry/grunge effect i wish that wasn't on it!
omg when i saw Lord Kaos from skylanders i liked screamed. it looks amazing. he looks so happy there than what he usually looks like xD i like how his jacket is like shaded in so nicely. you are amazing at creating shadows in the at the right angles!
i can't wait to see more

Kurui

Kageroza's Waifu
Years
Yeah I been working on my shading some most of all, and drawing clothes and things. And yeah I can't seem to escape the anime roots I have in drawing ^^;;;; Ah well. Oh yay another Masuta Kaos fan? :3 Though I am more of a Glumshanks-san girl. Ha ha.

Patrick

Ya'll Are Weird
Years
I didn't realize this was old, but at least I know you bumped it, so it should be alright.

First off, I definitely hear you on works barely getting finished unless they're for games. That's the only reason I'll draw as well, that and for my website. Only difference is that you have a lot of works stuck in WIP mode, I'll just never start unless I know it's a sure thing.

However, it looks like you're trying a bit more to finish things up in your newer work. I also like how it appears that a style of your own is showing through. That or you're just trying not to draw something in a manga style, but either way, all I can say is you'll have to be true to yourself to get the most enjoyment out of it.

All that aside, I love what you have. I feel bad for you that so much of your work was done for people who bailed on their projects (even I've been guilty of doing that. It's shameful to put people through that, which is why I've never worked on another grandoise project since). I wish, or at least hope you've had at least one success (and if not, you gotta start looking for someone trying to make a mobile game timewaster :P). I like your recent art a lot, too. Really nice colors. I can't wait to see how your last picture turns out, I enjoy the coloring on the face. No pressure on getting it done right away, though. :P Take it as easy as you'd like (unless it's a paid job. Then get it done yesterday).

Back