• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[PKMN OPEN] The Pokemon Trainer Academy (OOC) (NEW!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Batel

A nothing.
Years
Well, Indie's out of action for tonight, but Andy is off to catch Kiki, so he may run into any number of others in his 'quest' to find the kooky Kiki. XD

Iny Gage

Forum Dweller.
Years
Name: Iny Gage

Sex: Female

Height: 4'4",

Weight: 80lbs,

Eyes: Blue

Dorm: Raikou Dorm

Appearance: Very white, Hardly tanned at all but yet only a few freckles.
Long light brown hair, About upper back length that she usually keeps tied back. Considering where she lived she currently only owns tshirts and Shorts, doesn't like wearing skirts. She was considered tall for her age for the longest time but Hasn't grown hardly at all the past few years. Hates being called short as a result.

Personality: Very Warm hearted and possibly overly friendly, Especially annoys her when people dont like her for some reason (Usually for being *Annoyingly Friendly*).
Her favorite Pokemon type is fire, least favorite being rock.
At first glance she seems to be very Naive but she actually has a fairly good grasp at what is going on.
One thing she isn't very good at however is her sense of direction, she gets lost quite easily and has been known to carry a gps on her, She forgot that at home so in result might be a bit clingy once she finds someone who actually knows where everything is.
While she isn't All that knowledgeable about Other Pokemon she knows quite a bit about her own thanks to her parent's Teaching.
Not used to cold weather at ALL considering she lived near a volcano and hot springs for her entire life.

History: Born and raised in Lavaridge town she was the first daughter of two trainers Lex Gage and Martha Cally. She has a 7 year old younger brother by the name of Kyle, They get along alright but she still thinks he is annoying.

Both her and Her brother are being taught about their Pokemon by their parents. Iny herself receiving a Vulpix egg. It hatched rather quickly thanks to the town's natural hot springs and To her mother's sugestion named her Cally after her mother's maiden name Despite having no idea what that was at the time.

When she was Nine years old her father took her out into the tall grass for the first time to teach her about wild Pokemon. There she found a Tailow and with her fathers help caught it. Shortly after she named it Tiba. He was a bit shy at first but they eventually warmed up to each other becoming a great partner to Cally.

On her 12th birthday she received her invitation To Gary oak's Trainer school and begged her parents to go, They on the other hand didnt want to see her go just yet, Used the excuse that she didnt know enough about her Pokemon and they could get hurt, while the true reason being that they just didnt want to see her go. This backfired tremendously as she worked day and night contently pestering her dad to teach her more and more. After about a year they finally caved in and on her eleventh birthday told her she could go.

They Headed out for Slateport city the next day where they planned on taking the boat there. Right before leaving Her parents gave her a small collection of Rawst and Oran berries figuring that Cally may cause more than a few burns while there and then saw their only daughter off.

As a result of her parent's teaching She knows well of the Strength's and weaknesses of her own team, although not traveling much she also doesn't know much about other Pokemon, the only ones being the townfolk's Pokemon and the local wild Pokemon. She has allot to learn while here and plans on giving it her best!

Species: Vulpix
Nickname: Cally
Personality: Friendly, takes after Iny very much considering they have been together ever since Cally hatched.

Lvl: 17

Ability: Flash Fire

Moves:
Willo-O-Wisp
Hypnosis
Hex
Fire Spin
Ember
{Empty}

Species: Taillow
Nickname: Tiba
Personality: Unlike Cally Tiba is much more nervous, tends to shy away from people he doesnt know.

Lvl: 16

Ability: Guts

Moves:
Facade
Quick Attack
Pluck
Double team
Protect
{Empty}

Last edited:

Dawn

[span="font-size:180%;font-weight:900;color:#a568f
Years
@IceFyr: I get the impression you're already done. o_o; There's one immediate issue and that's the fact that there's literally nothing in the appearance field. Could you quickly correct that?

Lastly, your personality section is currently 79 words long. Could you extend that to at least 150 words? Your history section is currently 274 words long. Could you extend that to at least 350 words? Overall the SU feels like it's lacking a bit of content. The content that's there doesn't bother me, but I feel like there should be more.

Megaman765

Really wants shiny Porygon Z:3
Years
@ Iny Gage: Your personality is fine but your history should be longer. Like Yellow said with Ice, try to make it at least 350 words long. We haven't updated the first page to put down that rule. We might change the 10 line rule because 10 lines could be different based on the site format someone chooses so it could be confusing. Good progress so far though.

Drago Dragonite

General of the Dragons' Army
Years
@Kezius and Game_Sloth: Do you mind if Daniel joins your training? Please?

And these days I've been thinking about Daniel's next pokémon. Here is the list I made:
•Aron ♂
•Turtwig ♀
•Totodile ♂
•Squirtle ♂
•Bulbasaur ♀
• Snorunt ♀\♂
or
•Bagon ♂
Which one is better?(P.S., the chosen one will be a christmas gift)

Last edited:

Iny Gage

Forum Dweller.
Years
@ Iny Gage: Your personality is fine but your history should be longer. Like Yellow said with Ice, try to make it at least 350 words long. We haven't updated the first page to put down that rule. We might change the 10 line rule because 10 lines could be different based on the site format someone chooses so it could be confusing. Good progress so far though.

Okay, I was kinda goin for a bit of an unremarkable back-story but Ill admit I probably Skipped a few details...
I did it early in the morning in note pad because I was having issues registering this account, that's why the god awful formatting. This should be a bit better.

*Btw I'm a bit new at RP, I'm fine keeping in character but I have problems Fleshing out my posts sometimes*

History: Born and raised in Lavaridge town she was the first daughter of two trainers Lex Gage and Martha Cally. She has a 7 year old younger brother by the name of Kyle, They get along alright but she still thinks he is annoying.

Both her and Her brother are being taught about their Pokemon by their parents. Iny herself receiving a Vulpix egg. It hatched rather quickly thanks to the town's natural hot springs and To her mother's sugestion named her Cally after her mother's maiden name Despite having no idea what that was at the time.

When she was Nine years old her father took her out into the tall grass for the first time to teach her about wild Pokemon. There she found a Tailow and with her fathers help caught it. Shortly after she named it Tiba. He was a bit shy at first but they eventually warmed up to each other becoming a great partner to Cally.

On her 10th birthday she received her invitation To Gary oak's Trainer school and begged her parents to go, They on the other hand didnt want to see her go just yet, Used the excuse that she didnt know enough about her Pokemon and they could get hurt, while the true reason being that they just didnt want to see her go. This backfired tremendously as she worked day and night contently pestering her dad to teach her more and more. After about a year they finally caved in and on her eleventh birthday told her she could go.

They Headed out for Slateport city the next day where they planned on taking the boat there. Right before leaving Her parents gave her a small collection of Rawst and Oran berries figuring that Cally may cause more than a few burns while there and then saw their only daughter off.

As a result of her parent's teaching She knows well of the Strength's and weaknesses of her own team, although not traveling much she also doesn't know much about other Pokemon, the only ones being the townfolk's Pokemon and the local wild Pokemon. She has allot to learn while here and plans on giving it her best!

Megaman765

Years
Okay, I was kinda goin for a bit of an unremarkable back-story but Ill admit I probably Skipped a few details...
I did it early in the morning in note pad because I was having issues registering this account, that's why the god awful formatting. This should be a bit better.

*Btw I'm a bit new at RP, I'm fine keeping in character but I have problems Fleshing out my posts sometimes*

On her 10th birthday she received her invitation To Gary oak's Trainer school and begged her parents to go, They on the other hand didnt want to see her go just yet, Used the excuse that she didnt know enough about her Pokemon and they could get hurt, while the true reason being that they just didnt want to see her go. This backfired tremendously as she worked day and night contently pestering her dad to teach her more and more. After about a year they finally caved in and on her eleventh birthday told her she could go.

Its cool. If I recall, I think my own characters history is a tad short as well now that I think about it. I might have to go back and update it so I don't come off as a hypocrite. Anyways your Accepted.

Iny Gage

Forum Dweller.
Years
Its cool. If I recall, I think my own characters history is a tad short as well now that I think about it. I might have to go back and update it so I don't come off as a hypocrite. Anyways your Accepted.

Alright awesome! Ill start thinking up my intro post!
And for the record, You will probably wanna update that 10 lines thing, After looking at my history post in which I barely made 350 there is no way at all you could fit 350 words in 10 lines. Well, Unless you use all 1-3 letter words : /

Is there anything I should know before I start? More specifically the time of day, time of year, drop off point.

Last edited:

Megaman765

Years
Its currently Thanksgiving in the academy right now. Time in here is pretty broad and kind of hard to keep track of. But the day is pretty close to ending at this point. But yeah we'll probably update the first page pretty soon.

Iny Gage

Forum Dweller.
Years
Its currently Thanksgiving in the academy right now. Time in here is pretty broad and kind of hard to keep track of. But the day is pretty close to ending at this point. But yeah we'll probably update the first page pretty soon.

Okay! Its helpful to know that the OP is updated.

siiadams

Got 3DS back...1822-1106-0866
Years
@synthet Well, too bad my intro to you was brief...I'm sure he'll be more lively when he regains consciousness.

Posted from Pokecommunity.com App for Android

Dawn

[span="font-size:180%;font-weight:900;color:#a568f
Years
@Iny Gage: That's exactly why we're trying to move away from the word lines. People using itty bitty screens wind up making SUs that are way too short, when we had larger screens in mind when we set the limits. But yeah. We've been discussing changes to the SU templates for a bit now and it's probably about time we changed them. But yes. The OP is to be trusted at all times. If there's ever an error on there it needs to be fixed right away. (As per my own standards. :P)

Iny Gage

Forum Dweller.
Years
@Iny Gage: That's exactly why we're trying to move away from the word lines. People using itty bitty screens wind up making SUs that are way too short, when we had larger screens in mind when we set the limits. But yeah. We've been discussing changes to the SU templates for a bit now and it's probably about time we changed them. But yes. The OP is to be trusted at all times. If there's ever an error on there it needs to be fixed right away. (As per my own standards. :P)

I actually have a fairly large screen for a laptop, although I keep it zoomed out pretty far. Keeps everything about the same size as previous forums ive been on.

And is it bad that I just now finally confirmed SU stands for Signups?

Iny Gage

Forum Dweller.
Years
@Iny Gage: Hey, can Daniel interact with your character? I know I'm changing ideas a lot, but I finally see someone that is Daniel's age!

Yes please! That's why I kept it open ended like that.
And Arnt the students supposed to be 10-15? Shouldn't a good deal of us be in the same age range?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back