• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Sports Pro Wrestling

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
I personally believe Jinder is a great champion; after all those years, he deserves it surely. Now although it's working, I do have to side with the idea that his push was a little too aggressive; I feel like fans would've been able to get behind him better if he had more of a solid build, like Miz back in 2010 - 2011.

CidHazard

just a miserable pile of secrets
Years
Cena's probably going to lose at Summerslam once again... he always does.

The Roman vs Braun kinda awesome right now... with the two of them trying to kill each other. XD

Roman needs to be an enigmatic character... who just shows up and kicks people's asses he has the right look and moveset for that, Undertaker-esque if you will. When the shield was the thing, that's exactly what he did. Show up roar and kill people with spears thru barricades.

Problem was WWE kept pushing him on the mic and giving him horrible material that the fans sorta turned on him.

LegendChu

❤ CAREFREE, BUT CARING ❤
Years
I personally believe Jinder is a great champion; after all those years, he deserves it surely. Now although it's working, I do have to side with the idea that his push was a little too aggressive; I feel like fans would've been able to get behind him better if he had more of a solid build, like Miz back in 2010 - 2011.
They wanted to go for shock value, maybe that's why there wasn't a build-up. He has lived upto it so far & doing a great job as the Champ, but we have seen in the past how the company pushes some great talent, only to end up feeding them to the 'bigger stars'. Hope that's not the case with Jinder. If they have him beat Orton at BattleGround, take on & beat Cena at SummerSlam, then I'll believe they're really serious about him.

When Roman and Cena win titles at SummerSlam I'm going to make sure to rub it in your hypocritical faces.
Why do you think having an opinion is hypocrisy
shrug%2B(1).gif
? Unfortunately that's not going to happen. In the current scenario, I don't see either of them winning major Championships, too soon for Cena to have another Title reign & Roman as Champion rn is not good for the company.

Cena's probably going to lose at Summerslam once again... he always does.

The Roman vs Braun kinda awesome right now... with the two of them trying to kill each other. XD

Roman needs to be an enigmatic character... who just shows up and kicks people's asses he has the right look and moveset for that, Undertaker-esque if you will. When the shield was the thing, that's exactly what he did. Show up roar and kill people with spears thru barricades.

Problem was WWE kept pushing him on the mic and giving him horrible material that the fans sorta turned on him.
Like I said, I do hope its Cena Vs Jinder at SummerSlam, with Jinder winning.

Roman's main problem is that although he's got all the talent, he lacks charisma. His badass attitude worked for a while, but has become stale now. His material isn't bad, but he just doesn't have mic skills to deliver it. He has a great rivalry going with Strauman, so they should concentrate on that & keep him out of the title picture for now. Give us a Lesnar/Joe rematch at SummerSlam, it kinda felt unfinished.

Pika Pika :chu:

CidHazard

Years
Roman's main problem is that although he's got all the talent, he lacks charisma. His badass attitude worked for a while, but has become stale now. His material isn't bad, but he just doesn't have mic skills to deliver it. He has a great rivalry going with Strauman, so they should concentrate on that & keep him out of the title picture for now. Give us a Lesnar/Joe rematch at SummerSlam, it kinda felt unfinished.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z55UrEEooh8

Good material... the video disagree's sir :D

I also distinctly remember them giving him the "I'm gonna cock this fist and punch bitches" line. ~Shudder~

Granted they've stopped giving material that only the Rock (And Cena to a lesser extent) could make work. His initial push, In which they basically made him Cena 2.0 backfired because he doesn't have Cena's delivery or charisma. All the marks turned on him.

Really if the Reigns we're seeing now is how they pushed them initially. He wouldn't have lost so much momentum after the shield broke up.

And Pika Pika :chu: back at you sir.

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
It's kind of a shame, but we've had Cena going strong for more than a decade now, so naturally, introducing another character like his at this moment in time isn't something some fans will be able to accept.

LegendChu

❤ CAREFREE, BUT CARING ❤
Years
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z55UrEEooh8

Good material... the video disagree's sir :D

I also distinctly remember them giving him the "I'm gonna cock this fist and punch *****es" line. ~Shudder~

Granted they've stopped giving material that only the Rock (And Cena to a lesser extent) could make work. His initial push, In which they basically made him Cena 2.0 backfired because he doesn't have Cena's delivery or charisma. All the marks turned on him.

Really if the Reigns we're seeing now is how they pushed them initially. He wouldn't have lost so much momentum after the shield broke up.

And Pika Pika :chu: back at you sir.
Well, that's just a parody
shrug%2B(1).gif
. And on the contrary I think most of it is decent material & actually funny. The only problem is the man delivering it is Roman Reigns. It just proves how awful Reigns is with the mike or even remembering his lines, not the writer's fault. Look at the gibberish Enzo or New Day are given, you can't even understand what they say half of the time, but they still manage to pull it off. If you are good, you can always rise above the script. Maybe give him a mouthpiece, like Lesnar has Heyman.

Rollins & Ambrose have moved away from their Shield days, but Reigns still seems to be in a Shield hangover.

Oh & Pika Pika :chu: to you too Gentleman!

It's kind of a shame, but we've had Cena going strong for more than a decade now, so naturally, introducing another character like his at this moment in time isn't something some fans will be able to accept.
Ya I think that's the problem, they're trying to make Reigns a Cena wannabe, which is what's going against him. The guy has talent no doubt, but he really needs a character makeover.

Last edited:

CidHazard

Years
Am I the only one who thinks the whole Jinder being champion thing is stupid? I wish they'd push someone else, but I guess its easy to generate heat with the character Jinder is trying to play (Which is the generic EVIL FOREIGNER GIMICK).

That said, I don't mind Cena losing to him. Cena can carry almost anyone to a main event worthy match. But, if the match they produce is a match of the year contender, then I may have to re-evaluate my views on Jinder... but for now tho, for now... I think he's just a paper champ.

The Mega Champion

Strategist
Years
With Battleground over it's officially SummerSlam season.

What are your hopes for it?

I'll post mine. Though it's kind of obvious and seems like mostly a pipe dream at this point.

I'm getting REALLY sick of the Braun Strowman/Roman Reigns BS and it needs to stop. NOW. However that's clearly not going to happen.

So it's likely this will happen at SummerSlam...

Roman Reigns vs Braun Strowman vs Samoa Joe vs Brock Lesnar. Fatal 4 Way for the Universal Championship.

My hope? Obvious. ROMAN WINS.

Next up SmackDown.

John Cena vs Jinder Mahal for the WWE Championship.

JOHN CENA WINS AND BREAKS RIC FLAIR'S 16 TIME CHAMPIONSHIP RECORD.

But it really doesn't matter what I want to happen. We'll just to have to wait and see what actually happens.

CidHazard

Years
Still don't know why they keep pushing Roman and Braun... Given the right opponent the two of them could put on a great feud... but the two of them against each other got stale fast. Them trying to murder each other is a nice and entertaining, but diminishing returns WWE... Just end it please.

Jinder vs Cena - As much as I want Cena to break Rick Flairs record he probably won't, ever since his controversial win against the nexus on Summerslam 2010, he's lost every single summerslam match he'd participated in (In recompense I would guess, Cena squashed the momentum of the hot new stable after all) . Chances of him winning are slim...

LilyGardy

The Flowering Pokemon
Years
After a generally underwhelming Battleground some matches have already been set for Summerslam.

I really like that WWE have remembered there are female Superstars outside the 4 Horsewomen by giving Natalya a Championship match at the PPV. Whether she wins or not the Championship match is much deserved. Indeed it is possible Natalya could win and lose the title on the same day if Carmella cashes in.

I thought it was going to be Sasha against Alexa at Summerslam but Bayley is pretty good too. I am guessing Alexa retains somehow here maybe a disqualification.

The WWE title...Can we have it on someone who is on the show every week please.

I am intrigued to see how Jinder will fare in his match especially if it is against Cena and I wonder if Jason Jordan will go after the IC title.

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
It seems like they're on their way of rebuilding Shield. I'm hoping that we'll get them back full-fledge by Survivor Series.

Years
I mean, as much as he deserves it, the only people on the poster are either the top champions or the number 1 contenders, so AJ would've been the odd one out (same if they put The Miz on it). Granted, I think AJ and Jinder's spots on the card should be reversed, but I honestly can't see him having any real beef with it.

The Mega Champion

Strategist
Years
I'm not angry. Or even surprised. It's pretty clear it was done because he's a part-timer now. Still though.

I'M VERY DISAPPOINTED.

They are pushing Shinsuke Nakamura way too fast.

Years
Weird coincidence that I'm wearing a Shinsuke shirt right now, but I have to agree that they're pushing him a little to fast in my eyes. Like I said before though, if the two main feuds on SD were flipped (AJ/Owens for the WWE title, and Jinder/Shinsuke for the US title), then I'd have no problem with it.

Back