• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Yet Another Game idea - Title Unknown??

Years
  • Seen Mar 15, 2012
A pokemon game with a twist.

Timetravel...

Story idea - You are 6 years old and see a bright light through yor bedroom window, curious as you are, you get up and look outside. You see a strange shadowy pokemon in the darkness. Your fasination of this strange pokemon is so great you run to find out what it is as you open the door there is a flash of light and then everything is still. 5 more years pass and it is the morning of your eleventh birthday. You go to get your first pokemon from the local professor and begin your journey.

After battleing the first gym leader he tells you a secret of a legendary pokemon that can travel in time and that it is said to appear and disapear in a flash of light. You begin to get interested in this pokemon and ask the gym leader more questions, you then tell him about your experence of when you were young. Suddenly you are atacked by two strange men and are overwhelmed by them just as all hope seems lost you see a flash of light and then darkness. when you awaken you are in a strange bed. You later descover your world has been ransacked and that a large organisation controls the enitre world using a legendary pokemon, you are taken to see a wise man who has prophisised your arival. he says to you to bring the world to peace you must return to your time and stop the destruction of the world. Unfortunatly the only way to return to your time is to capture the legendary pokemon. So your real journey begins...

Please feel free to add to this as i would like it to become a game, since i am no good at game production i would like anyone with some experince to produce this.

Thx

P.s. please leave a reply in this thread or pm me for any questions.

h POKE

angry kid and a keyboard
Years
  • CT
  • Seen Jan 17, 2016
It seems to complicated for its own good... Although time is something that is considered in pokemon's several plotlines, time TRAVEL is probably not the best idea to pursue. Add detail to your story, and make it something realistic before you go posting some random idea. Even on this thread you need to have some detail to get noticed.

Years
  • Age 30
  • USA
  • Seen Dec 10, 2020
There's no such thing as too complex as long as you explain it well. This, however... well, there's nothing else to do but steal that wildly popular commenting system that's been catching on as of late...

A pokemon game with a twist.

Timetravel... Um. To be honest, that's not that much of a twist, it's just an irregular story element. Unless the entire game revolves around being able to initiate this travel (see: Chrono Trigger) then you're still just a regular game with a wacky storyline. But I'm intrigued: I have an infatuation with anything regarding time travel or paradoxes...

Story idea - You are 6 years old and see a bright light through yor bedroom window, curious as you are, you get up and look outside. You see a strange shadowy pokemon in the darkness. Okay, I'm sorry, what? You saw a bright light and then the Pokemon was shadowy? Contradiction much? Your fasination of this strange pokemon is so great you run to find out what it is as you open the door there is a flash of light Again? and then everything is still. 5 more years pass while it is still? xD Never mind, that's just choppy writing... and it is the morning of your eleventh birthday. Why is it always the birthday? Y'know, they don't do it in any of the official games that I know of, but every fangame does... You go to get your first pokemon from the local professor and begin your journey. Wow, uneventful. But at least there's no kidnapping...

After battleing the first gym leader he tells you a secret Why? He's the freaking first gym leader for Arceus' sake; what's he doing revealing ancient secrets to an eleven-year-old? of a legendary pokemon that can travel in time and that it is said to appear and disapear in a flash of light. Say it with me: Cel-e-bi. You begin to get interested in this pokemon and ask the gym leader more questions, you then tell him about your experence of when you were young. Suddenly you are atacked by two strange men wow. Yes, suddenly. Uh. and are overwhelmed by them just as all hope seems lost you see a flash of light and then darkness. Flash of darkness? when you awaken you are in a strange bed. You later descover your world has been ransacked and that a large organisation controls the enitre world using a legendary pokemon Cool., you are taken to see a wise man who has prophisised Oh crap, prophecy your arival. he says to you to bring the world to peace you must return to your time and stop the destruction of the world. Unfortunatly the only way to return to your time is to capture the legendary pokemon. But the bad guys own him! So your real journey begins...

...Hm, now I feel odd for having stolen Agent Zero's commenting style. Eh. *shrug*

Well, to tell you the truth, unless you have a good friend who is a game developer already, then your vague plot and uncommited comments aren't going to even get your game started. Perhaps try learning how to develop it yourself? And work on the plot a little, it's interesting but it seems a bit sloppy (and, I might want to add, a bit too much like that of Pokemon Mercury's. Watch out.)

Needs work, but don't give up! I congratulate you for trying something new, even if it... isn't.

h POKE

angry kid and a keyboard
Years
  • CT
  • Seen Jan 17, 2016
I wasn't referring to it being too much in terms of game capacity, or the capacity of anything. Just that 99.9% of all games here are not finished, and adding, as you say, wacky game elements to a story that isn't even fully fleshed out yet is getting a bit ahead oneself.
And copying AZ's comment style is a bit strange. Everyone should comment in their own way.

Back