• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen CoroCoro Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Age 31
  • USA
  • Seen Mar 30, 2024
It's been...quite a long time since we heard from CoroCoro. Even if they didn't reveal anything, I'd still like to know that they didn't reveal anything. Does anyone have an update?

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
I've been waiting for the CoroCoro release as well, so I got impatient and searched around and found this.

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/696959-pokemon-x/65301837/732654810

So now we have dates, instead of just waiting everyday and hoping.

Well most of us already knew that, as it's always been the 15th (even back in B/W days!), it's just that leaks come around 12th, and given we didn't receive anything this 15th we found it really strange that there wasn't anything more. :(

Platinum Lucario

The Legendary Master of [color=#D8D48C]Light[/colo
Years
Well, I'd actually assume that probably CoroCoro is no longer receiving information about Pokémon X and Pokémon Y that hasn't been revealed in English until the official Pokémon websites have announced about it. Knowing that the last CoroCoro had revealed Xerneas and Yveltal after the English Pokémon website had revealed them, but the only new thing that CoroCoro had revealed... was it's sizes, then the English Pokémon website added in the sizes at the same time the scans came out.

Probably the next one, which will be on February 15th... would reveal the Legendary Pokémon's types maybe. But then again... they might not reveal anything new. We'll just have to wait and see. ^^

blue

gucci
Years
The next issue will probably have new infomation on X and Y but by then which will be 15th, we will have probably received the news a few days prior to the site via the website.

Guy

just a guy
Years
Other than finding out the typing of Xerneas and Yveltal, I'm guessing February's CoroCoro issue might also give us the male and female protagonist artwork.

There's also a chance that should there actually be a new Eeveelution on its way, then it's likely that might be revealed as well. This way they can amp up the hype for the games as well as the upcoming movie and Pikachu short showcasing Eevee and all of its evolutions.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
I don't think they'll show the eeveelutions if there are any new ones this soon, maybe in the June issue.
Yay, I'll have news before my birthday (July 15, same as the July/August issue) as it leaks three days early :). Hope they have something good for the next eight or nine issues.

Twilight-kun

Pokémon World Champion
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 27, 2023
Seeing as how the games are going to have a world-wide release on the same day(s), I suspect we'll only get new pokemon and artwork, but no real details on the plot of the game

All I want to see are:
A) Music
B) Red, as he's appeared in every Pokemon Generation so far

Miss Doronjo

Gaiden
Years
I bet dollars to dugtrios that the rival(s) might be revealed in the next issue too - his/her artwork. Maybe there can be more brief screens of the new gym leaders too, along with possible new pokemon, like as mentioned, Eeveelutions.

It'd be nice if they revealed the new professor as well.

Platinum Lucario

The Legendary Master of [color=#D8D48C]Light[/colo
Years
CoroCoro should be leaking anytime now. But this has already been said a few days ago, am I right? I'm getting this feeling that there won't be anything new revealed about Pokémon X and Y this time, I don't know why... but it just feels like that to me. :x

Anyways, I'd still be looking forward to seeing what they do actually reveal in the February issue of CoroCoro. Who knows? They might even reveal more information about the Pikachu and Eevee Friends short film.

Years
They usually don't post it as an official confirmation until the 15th anyway. As for me, it seems to match the B2W2 Protag artwork a bit as well. So honestly, I can't tell. The set up is really well done and matches other CoroCoros better than the last three fakes I've seen and shows a different screenshot rather than copy pasting the screenshots from the original trailers.

We basically have 4 days to find out and it is about time for the Leak.

As I mentioned in the Legendary thread, I don't mind Yveltal being Dark/Dragon. Doesn't look like a Dragon at all, but I don't mind it. Also they don't have to be Flying type to fly. Look at Garchomp, Beedrill, and Hydreigon.
Garchomp flies?

True it could have levitate like Hydreigon...which would make it a better Hydreigon if it has a good stat distribution and as good a move pool as it...
The pokemon seem odd though, a different style from the rest.

Years
Its a land shark jet, of course it can fly!
That should be made into a meme lol.

I want it to be Dark/Flying so than Xerneas can be Grass/Steel, and sort of even things out a bit...though I guess Xerneas would have a greater advantage as Dark isn't very effective against Steel.

Cerberus87

Mega Houndoom, baby!
Years
I'll be very surprised if Yveltal isn't a Flying-type. If it's Flying, then it opens up an ability slot for it to have a kickass ability.

Years
I'm hoping it's not pressure like the other bird legends...
Interesting trivia, most legends are from the psychic and flying type so if Xerneas is part Psychic and Yveltal is part flying it'll be like a tribute to the most common legendary types...the third I think is dragon which could go for the third legend which people are speculating is a serpent.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
Aaand here's the real leak thus far:

BC3ye71CMAEgSpX.jpg:large

(at least Serebii tweeted this one, soooo)

I predict whatever this is will be psychic!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back