• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen [VOTE - 12/10/17] It's time for a new leader; it's time to make a change!

Alder vs Iris vs Drayden

• Alder

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Iris

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Years
While I do like Water-types best, I voted for Cilan since he is the one I often view as the real leader of the trio. Also helps he got a lot of exposure thanks to the anime.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
Cilan is innnn! Ok so next up we've got two of the duller characters... Burgh or Lenora which is the better leader??

Years
I was really looking forward to this week, I think these two are some of the most qualified candidates we've seen thus far. Two mature adults who have brought beauty and knowledge to their communities. Both gym leaders are profound in different ways.

I have to choose Leonora. She has every good quality I can think of for a leader. She radiates self-confidence and control yet still has an encouraging, warm personality, what a dignified head of a region this combination would be!

She is an inquisitive mind who forces people to use their head when dealing with her, and whom I think is probably a perceptive judge of character, as a curator one would need to be detail-oriented. Her wisdom combined with the vast libraries at her fingertips would make her well equipped to solve conflicts. These are but a few of the countless reasons why Leonora gets my vote.

If Leonora dropped out of the race then I would support Burgh with enthusiams as well. His creative impulses as an artist could lead him to build great things of the future that would employ many people. He is so peaceful that I know he would be tolerant of all ideas and opinions, and he is also a nature lover who would not pollute our planet.

Last edited:
Years
I picked Burgh, because I remember when I watched Marriland's Black and Black 2 Wedlockes where he played with the story a bit and made Burgh act as a presidential candidate. Great series to watch by the way, and I think it definitely makes me think Burgh could be a great President of Unova.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
Lenora wins Burgh is outttt!

Elesa vs Skyla time. Which do you choose - who's the better leader??

KNS27

I got... Lonely Doggo?
Years
Man, I really love Elesa's character development in B2W2.

Instead just sitting and Waiting, she doing her job as Model!

Years
I voted for Elesa as well, since her style makes her a good role model and that she can show off fashion sense while still being a powerful Gym Leader.

FireSnow

Show me that Fighting Spirit
Years
I don't really think either of them would make too great of a leader but Elesa has more of a chance than Skyla since Skyla is much too adventurous and doesn't like to sit still. That's not exactly what you want in a leader during an important meeting xD

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
Elesa is too direct though guys :( Don't you want a happy upbeat positive leader not a scary I WILL ELECRIFY YOU leader??

FireSnow

Show me that Fighting Spirit
Years
Elesa is too direct though guys :( Don't you want a happy upbeat positive leader not a scary I WILL ELECRIFY YOU leader??

I guess I don't really see Elesa like that, I see her as someone who would be more collected and take everything into consideration before making a decision, though to be fair it could be the wrong decision but at least she'll listen to all the ideas. I don't really see Skyla as that kind of person xD

Years
Skyla's the only choice for me. Elesa is way too concerned about her looks and clothes to be a serious candidate. As a character and gym leader I think Elesa is fun, but giving a super model the nuclear access codes... I think not.

Skyla has done more to demonstrate her love for Unova, from climbing to the top of Celestial tower to save injured Pokemon, to flying YOU to Opelucid city so that you can pursue your quest.

Skyla's optimism and bravery are great qualities to have in a leader. I could see Skyla taking her plane and flying over a famine and plague-stricken area of Unova and dropping emergency food cargo to the people, or leading the charge alongside our troops in an airstrike against invaders of Unova.

At best I see Elesa as the wife of diplomat planning a stylish dinner party.

Last edited:

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
Let's get back into this! :)

Clay vs Brycen: Who's a better leader?

Years
I'm glad to see elections are being held again! I really missed this thread.

This is one choice where I think neither candidate is pefect. Clay might be marginally better though. His gruff demeanor leaves something to be desired. However, he will always speak the truth and that is not something you can say about politicians normally. He is also a strong man, perhaps to a fault as he could become stubborn. Yet he does take an active role in Driftveil City and Unova in general, he easily saw through Team Plasma and stood his ground, and pushed you to fight on. It is also mentioned that he owns businesses, and that might give him some insight into economic issues- The Ross Perot of Unova.

Clay's flaws are many, but I see something at least he could bring to the table. Right now I don't see what Brycen could offer Unova. He just seems like he's ready to go do some yoga by the lake. His calm nature would be nice in a neighbor or even as a teacher, but I don't see him being concerned with the mechanics of government. I also don't like how he constantly changes directions. He abandons his gym to go back to being a movie star. I don't think he would be a steady hand behind the wheel at all.

As things stand I will probably vote for Clay. I will wait to read what others have to say about Brycen before I cast my ballot though. If someone can show me that he could he a good leader then I might reconsider.

Last edited:

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
Ok I can PROBABLY guess the answer here but we will see haha!

Years
Drayden is the best. Gym leaders are generally the pillars of their community, and Drayden happens to also be the mayor of a major city. He is a wise man, well-versed in his region's history. Drayden is especially heroic to me because he not only raced to N's castle to protect you from the sages alongside the other gym leaders, but also drove Team Plasma out of his city and helped save everyone from nuclear winter.

Of all the candidates we've seen, and there have been some good ones, I think he is the one who most deserves to win.

Alderr I think would be good too. As champion he is already a type of fatherly figure to his region fact. His warm, sunny disposition and life experience would make him a better leader perhaps than trainer. He was defeated by Team Plasma, but still acted honorably. He is great with inspiring kids and reaches out to people through a school. So he is my second choice, its tough having so many good options.

Iris is a little young and immature for job now, but she might grow into a good leader one day. She has a good mentor in Drayden who could prepare her for that role, and she has a lot of enthusiasm about what she does. She's a talented girl in game and the best of the Unova champions to me. For now, I am going to vote for Drayden for the leadership position, but in a couple of years I might be supporting Iris too. Who knows?

Back