• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

2nd Gen Do you still replay G/S/C?

tokyodrift

[i]got me looking for attention[/i]
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Mar 8, 2024
With all the games that have followed Gold, Silver, and Crystal, which were released over 17 years ago, do you find yourself coming back and replaying these games? What keeps you coming back to these titles?

Hands

I was saying Boo-urns
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Dec 15, 2022
I probably start a new game at least twice a year on Silver

Flan

has the bird flu.
Years
  • Age 27
  • NYC
  • Seen Oct 15, 2017
I'd replay it more if my damn cartridges were actually working. I'm too busy to bother changing the batteries as well. I'm really hoping on a Virtual Console release of Gold, Silver, and Crystal so I can play them to my heart's content--Gold was really my first Pokemon game. It's true nostalgia.

Years
  • Seen Jul 2, 2023
I would play them more if the batteries still worked. I've done challenge runs at various points more recently, but it's not the same, and I can't take the games as seriously. I'm really excited about starting on them again when the VC releases come out, just as I've put a lot of hours into the re-released RBY.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
I would only be able to play Crystal. Gold I can't save on but I definitely can on Crystal still! With that said it's just too hard to see. I've been spoiled by being able to see in the dark and these games are just too hard to see. Despite that though I find myself replaying the music, looking at images from the games a lot though. Definitely still in my heart.

Years
I beat Lance about a week ago on an emulator. I'm just lacking motivation to get through Kanto right now. (I also just started a Platinum run.)

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
I mean. I have Gold, two copies of Silver, and two copies of Crystal. Oddly enough? I think it's become one of my favorite games the more I've played it. I mean I've always loved GSC, but it's like the older I get and replay it, I just enjoy it even more than the time before. Strange for an older game, I realize. But yeah, I do still replay them. I played almost every main game last year in anticipation of Sun/Moon + for the 20th anniversary and Crystal was probably my most fun experience.

I'm also more excited for Gold and Silver's release on the eShop than I am for Ultra Sun and Moon, so that might speak a lot too, aha.

BlazingCobaltX

big mood. bye
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jun 19, 2019
I can't not replay these games. Every time I do I feel a thrill I don't feel when replaying my other games - I think it's the nostalgia. I'm currently in Kanto but I put it on hold for now because I got Moon.

Swithdas

What's a forum and how do I use it again..
Years
I would replay it a lot more if my cartridge still worked! But luckily for people like myself, they're being re released onto the Virtual Console! I'll certainly be picking at least one of them up when they release!

Years
  • Age 19
  • Seen Jun 21, 2017
It's memories.
Pok?mon silver occupies a big place in my heart.
:pink_wink:

Years
the only feature why i like to play silver is because it didn't have that over the top RNG nature bullshit. i would have loved it if for soulsilver they had implemented all the new moves/pokemon/abilities etc. and just left out that silly nature thing.
playing pokemon with friends used to be more fun and less grinding. now it ends up with breeding tons of pokemon to get the right nature, the right IV for hidden power, the right EV training... pffff, good for competitive play, but for just playing with some friends it sucks.

Back