• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Lights, Camera, Action! ☆ Movie Watchers' Club

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
Say, speaking of superhero movies, what do you guys want to see in the next Batman film? Personally, I'd love them to finally introduce Robin. Batman's gotten quite old (story-wise), so he definitely needs someone on his back to take care of things when he's unable. :b

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
Definitely! We could really use some kind of a introductory story of how Robin became Robin, and how he and Batman got together to become an awesome duo. That could clear some questions for many fans, especially the newer ones may have. It'll be much better when it is shown in a motion picture movie. ^_^

In other news, in just an hour and a half I'll see The Winter Soldier~

Karma Police

Arrest this man
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jul 7, 2023
Whoa, let's not hurry on to the Robin story there! We all remember what happened the last time!

Spoiler:

No, but seriously, I think with Wonder Woman, Superman and Batman all in one movie I think Zak Snyder already has plenty to juggle around. Then there's Lex Luthor as the villain, so I don't think we'll see Robin this time. But if we do, it has to be better than the whole Boy Wonder thing since that just doesn't fit in the gritty universe of Snyder/Nolan.

Plus I think this movie will focus more on creating the setup for a Justice League movie in the future.

Captain Gizmo

Monkey King
Years
Whoa, let's not hurry on to the Robin story there! We all remember what happened the last time!

Spoiler:

No, but seriously, I think with Wonder Woman, Superman and Batman all in one movie I think Zak Snyder already has plenty to juggle around. Then there's Lex Luthor as the villain, so I don't think we'll see Robin this time. But if we do, it has to be better than the whole Boy Wonder thing since that just doesn't fit in the gritty universe of Snyder/Nolan.

Plus I think this movie will focus more on creating the setup for a Justice League movie in the future.

The Robin saga was more cleared up in Batman Forever where we learned about him and his family and the struggle he had wanting to become Batman/Robin.

Also the original story got a lot of potential of becoming a very dark story with his whole family getting killed except for him. I'm expecting a more space-wise movie seeing as Wonder Woman is getting involved in this also, maybe Lex Luthor is getting into something big here and whatnot.

Also Lex is going to be a lot younger than Superman in this movie. He's going to be 18 years old and a street thug who became millionaire. Bruce Wayne will come into Metropolis wanting to help the city repair the damages done from General Zod and Superman but Lex and Bruce Wayne won't be seeing eye to eye. And also that Lex Luthor thinks that Superman is a threat to the whole world while Batman thinks that Superman can coexist with humans.

That's the plot that they've come up with until now.

Zorogami

WUB WUB
Years
Since it has been kinda quiet around here, i thought i might suggest a new topic?

What movie could you watch over and over again, without getting bored/sick of it?

One movie i could watch endlessly is Fired Up. I just love the stupid humor in the movie and have to laugh at almost every scene. Ive already seen it about 10+ times, and i re-watch it every now and then for fun :D

Captain Gizmo

Monkey King
Years
Holy crap, I have tons.

Dawn of the Dead, Lord of the Rings trilogy, Harry Potter series, Star Wars series, Robocop trilogy, How To Lose A Guy In 10 Days, The Mummy & The Mummy Returns. I've probably forgot to name some.. those are just my favorites that I can watch non stop :P

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
What movie could you watch over and over again, without getting bored/sick of it?
So many imo. I'll just list them.

• Any Disney movie.
  • Talladega Nights: The Ballad of Ricky Bobby
  • The Hunger Games (1 & 2)
  • The Avengers
  • Mean Girls
  • Mr. Deeds
  • The Breakfast Club
  • Pokemon The Movie 2000

Especially Mean Girls. I memorized every quote from that movie.

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
There are plenty, and Home Alone would be one of them. I've watched it for a total of eight tines already, and it entertained me every time; regardless of how many times I view it, it just never seems to get boring. 8)

Karma Police

Arrest this man
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jul 7, 2023

Fight Club, Star Wars, LotR series, The Hangover, South Park: Bigger, Longer, Uncut, Anchorman, and all Edgar Wright comedies.

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
Thought I should give this club a bump, haha. Sooo, yeah, time for a new topic! What are some of your favorite animated characters from movies? Why do you like them? What roles did they play, and how much were they involved in the story?

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
What are some of your favorite animated characters from movies?
Hmm, animated characters? There are several, but I would love to give mucho love to these little guys right here: the Despicable Me Minions.

giphy.gif

Watched both movies and they were all hilarious. We even laughed at their little jokes even though they were encrypted and we couldn't understand. lmao.

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
Referring to the previous topic about watching movies over and over again. I watched Catching Fire earlier today and it became another one of those movies whom I'll watch over and over again. I loved Jennifer Lawrence's performance, as well as the actor (couldn't remember his name ugh) that played Finnick Odair. mmm hawt.

I really love how it was well made and it portrayed everything from the book.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 2, 2024
The minions are among the best things that have been animated, ever, hands down. Especially their lovable "cousin" relationship with Gru; rather than him being a mean boss, he actually cares about them and knows their names and stuff.

tumblr_mxk4v7XZlB1smvhxco1_500.gif

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
The way Gru knows every single name of all of the minions is definitely showing some compassion to them. It's..amazing. :D

Something aside, anyone watched (or heard of) the movie Pan's Labyrinth? It's a Spanish-Language movie directed by Guillermo Del Toro. It has won so many Oscars. Tonight I watched a brief scene with my mom while eating dinner, and I was pretty convinced. Even though it had a ton of blood and violence, I still want to see it in full because of the captivating storyline. I also needed to know the background of the characters in the movie.

In other news, The MTV Movie Awards were just last weekend! Anyone catch it? They did a tribute on the late actor Paul Walker, who died in a tragic car accident a few months ago. I cried. ;;

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
The Oscars have been around for so long, it's the grandparent of all awards ceremonies. :D

New topic, guys! Favorite movie actor/actress of all time?

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
Favorite movie actor/actress of all time?
I'd say Johnny Depp, as I just love his work in Pirates of the Caribbean. :3 I'm also a huge fan of Shia LaBeouf. Found his acting in Transformers to be pretty amazing; one or another, he always found a way to make things seem believable.

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
Johnny Depp! I love his work in sooo many movies, namely Edward Scissorhands and Pirates of the Caribbean. I also love Channing Tatum and Ryan Reynolds. mmmmmm they are fiiine actors. very very fine. *drools*.

Favorite actresses are Jennifer Lawrence and Scarlett Johannsen. <3

Zorogami

WUB WUB
Years
Hey guys, sorry ive been so absent, was on vacation :D

Favorite movie actor/actress of all time?

One actor i really really enjoy is Edward Norton. He can play so many different characters so well and i enjoy pretty muchy every movie he appears in. Some of his best work (imo) would be American History X and of course Fight Club

Back