• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Lights, Camera, Action! ☆ Movie Watchers' Club

Captain Gizmo

Monkey King
Years
I'd say my favorite would be Will Smith :)

He makes great action movies and also adds a touch of subtle comedies to every one of his movies. It's a real shame he's not doing as much movies as he used to =/

Judge Mandolore Shepard

Spectre Agent
Years
When it comes to favorite actors and actresses, two of my favorite actors are Hayden Christensen and James Franco. I loved their work in Star Wars and the Spider-Man Trilogy, respectively. Plus their birthdays are on the same day, April 19th. As for favorite actresses, two of my favorites would have to be Gwyneth Paltrow and Scarlett Johansson

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
I'd say my favorite would be Will Smith :)

He makes great action movies and also adds a touch of subtle comedies to every one of his movies. It's a real shame he's not doing as much movies as he used to =/

Will Smith is simply awesome; can't believe I forgot to mention him, haha. Personally, I'm a huge fan of his Hancock movie. :]

xVaporeon

used bubblebeam!
Years
  • Age 26
  • UK
  • Seen Dec 25, 2022
Username: xVaporeon

Favorite movie(s): I'm not one of those people who can pick a certain favourite film, but I really like action/comic book/superhero movies a lot. The most recent one I saw was The Amazing Spider-Man 2 and I loved it! - (Spoiler tag contains what I thought of it - contains mild spoilers)

Spoiler:

I'm also a big sucker for Disney films. I love them! I cry like a baby through most of them.. I enjoy both the classic Disney films and the more recent ones.
I looooove sci-fi films, too. Star Trek, Star Wars - things like that.

~ What are some of your favorite moment in movies?

My favourite moments are the moments that really give you goosebumps. Usually iconic scenes (such as the scene where the camera shows The Avengers in the city) or scenes that are very emotional. It may sound weird, but I love it when a film can make me cry, because it shows that the character(s) have had very good character development and I've connected with the characters in the movie!

I'm a very emotional person when it comes to movies, and I really can't wait to see The Fault In Our Stars. I cried like a baby at the book, so I hope they do it justice on-screen. :)

Demon Wolf

American Wolf
Years
Name: Wolf
Movies: Wanted, 4 brothers, epic, frozen, taken, born on the 4th and many more
I watch movies mininum of 4 times a week

<Challenger>

Goodbye PC...for now.
Years
I liek movies :3

Username: I forgot...Give me a second....Uhh....<Challenger>
Favorite movie(s): Too hard...I suppose the Lord of the Rings trilogy. OOH! And the Spider-Man movies with Toby MacGuire!
Answer a topic: I answered all three that were there.

~ How often do you watch movies?: More than I should
~ What are you favorite movie genre(s)?: All sorts, but I prefer fantasy and action/adventure movies more. I also love the Marvel movies.
~ What are some of your favorite moment in movies?: Favorite movie moment of all time is in Forrest Gump, when Forrest says, "I may not be a smart man, but I know what love is."

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
Welcome to Movie Watchers, Challenger! Ooh, Forrest Grump. I remember watching it before, but only a part of it; didn't get to finish the whole thing, sadly. ;o; Was pretty enjoyable, though! Also, welcome to you too, Wolf; glad to have you here.

Captain Gizmo

Monkey King
Years
Today I just saw Rise of the Planet of the Apes for the first time, haha. Since the sequel was coming out real soon, I said to myself, why the hell didn't I even watch the prequel yet?!

So I went out and bought it along with Enter the Dragon & Inception^^

And this movie is a masterpiece, although sometimes the human interactions draws out a bit too long sometimes, it's actually vital to the plot.

Anyone else going to the see Dawn of the Planet of the Apes? :)

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
FORREST GUMP. My dad made me watch that movie a long time ago because he claimed to be "good". I was skeptical at first but I watched it anyways. He was right, it was really good. :x There were so many memorable quotes that I hadn't realized they came from that movie alone. Such an iconic movie, and Tom Hanks was such an amazing actor playing the role of Forrest. :*)

<Challenger>

Goodbye PC...for now.
Years
Watched some SyFy originals last night. Tried not to cry because of the quality.

I'm about an hour and a half into Angels and Demons with Tom Hanks and Ewan McGregor, and I intend on finishing it when I get home from work tonight. So far so good. I'll let you guys know what I think when I'm finished.

Captain Gizmo

Monkey King
Years
^ Since you mentioned it.

I saw the first movie, The Da Vinci Code and it was so great. I really wanna get that movie and Angels & Demons on DVD or Blu-Ray.

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
Saw both movies in theaters myself! \o/. Actually, it was my dad that dragged me into watching both of them with him and at first I wasn't at all convinced. Then I got really interested in them because of the mindblowing discoveries in it. :O

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
I remember running into some clips of Da Vinci Code on YouTube before, and they seemed really interesting. :] Sadly, I never got to watch the whole movie. As for Angels & Demons--haven't watched that, either. Anyway, going to throw in a new topic here! What are some movies you'd like to see a prequel to? How would you expect it to turn out? What actors or actress would you like to see in it?

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
Okay guys, wanted to steer the group a liiiitle bit to recognize the fact that it's been 10 years since the movie Mean Girls was released! I got my theme set up to commemorate that. Anyone wearing pink? :3

Let's discuss the movie itself! Have you seen it? How many times? What's your favorite memorable quote of the movie?

<Challenger>

Goodbye PC...for now.
Years
I remembering watching the opening to Mean Girls, once upon a time. The only line I remember was, "On the third day God gave us the 308. Westing rifle to defend ourselves from the dinosaurs or the homosex'uls." Or something to that degree. It was great.

Ozymandias

i'm going on a journey
Years
Wow why didn't I see this club before?

Username:
Ozymandias

Favorite movie(s):
Wow... So freaking many XD Well here goes nothing: Forrest Gump, Saving Private Ryan, Anything by Tarentino but especially Pulp and Reservoir, Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind, LOTR, The Breakfast Club, Dark Knight, Shawshank Redemption, Memento, and that's all not including Pixar and Anime movies...

How often do you watch movies?:
Meh, just depends on how i'm feeling and how free I am. Over christmas break whenever I was home I was either on PC or watching some pirated movie that I heard was good XD but i'll go on long periods of time where I don't see anything at all, so it's a bit spread out.

What are you favorite movie genre(s)?
My movie tastes are kinda like my taste in music. I really like anything as long as it's good. Even then I can like some bad stuff XD Well off the top my head I really like a good romance when it's done well and epics are freaking amazing to watch! Also, heist movies and war movies are really entertaining as well... pretty much anything will do for me XD

What are some of your favorite moment in movies?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9KY8WU0oa3I
just gonna leave this here....
but in all seriousness theres way too many to say XD honestly I love anything with Tom Hanks that isn't in one of his bad movies

<Challenger>

Goodbye PC...for now.
Years
Ozzy, Ozzy, Ozzy oi oi oi oi!, you've listed like all of my favorite movies! I too love anything with Tom Hanks in it!

Star Wars Episode 7 cast confirmed. Mark Hamill, Harrison Ford, and Carrie Fisher are returning, as well as the voices of R2, 3P0, and Chewbacca! Who else is excited?!

I have a question for everybody. Who are your favorite actors? What are your favorite movies starring them? I'll list my top five for you guys.

1. Tom Hanks: Saving Private Ryan, Cast Away, Forrest Gump, Saving Mr. Banks, and the Green Mile, and Toy Story if you count voice acting.

2. Liam Neeson: Taken, Clash of the Titans, Star Wars: The Phantom Menace, K-19, and the Chronicles of Narnia.

3. Toby Macguire: Hate all you want. He's my favorite Spider-Man. He was really good in the Spoils of Babylon as well.

4. Matt Damon: Saving Private Ryan, The Legend of Bagger Vance, We Bought a Zoo, Elyisum, and Invictus

5. Morgan Freeman: The Batman movies, Invictus, Bruce Almighty and Evan Almighty, The Shawshank Redemption, and Oblivion.

Back