• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Do you want to see a pokemon snap sequel?

Dansparce

The Unbeatable
Years
Although I've never actually played the original Pokemon Snap, it does look like a really fun game. I would love to see a reboot of this on the Wii U (seriously, the Gamepad was made for Pokemon Snap 2).

Years
Hmm...

Originally it was neither a hit nor a failure. I only played it once for less than 20 minutes when I found it on the side of the street a few years ago (???) and I didn't enjoy it tbh.

The concept was good but the gameplay lacked in areas IIRC. There ought to be a sequel in order to show that Pokemon Snap could be a success but I can't tell if that'll ever happen.

.:batto:.

Pokébreeder
Years
Sure, Pokemon snap was a good game. But i live by the motto of; 'If it ain't broke, Don't fix it. & Im sure they have made a remake for the wii. Ive seen it on youtube i believe.

I'd like to see an adventure game based on the world of Pokemon. For example an open ended game like the elder scrolls Skyrim for example. That would be a much more fulfilling game.

Years
@Batto, they re-released the original game on the Wii store.

As I've previously mentioned in the other Snap thread, I'd definitely love a remake. I think both of Nintendo's current consoles look ideal for it, but hopefully they'd make it on 3DS rather than Wii U for selfish reasons. It would definitely have to be longer than the original game though, but other than that it barely needed much improving gameplay wise.

Arron13

Calm, Relaxed, but Competative
Years
maybe when I was younger. I loved the game years ago, the concept was cool and it was generally just fun to play. Although I don't know if I would like it if I played it today. I would maybe play it once just to give i a chance but besides that I don't think so.

Years
They'd have alot to catch up on if they made another Pokemon Snap considering that we're going into the 6th Gen. But if they did, I'd proabably play it. I liked the concept of the original, and just being able to see Pokemon out in the wild doing what they do.

Sirfetch’d

I remember playing the first one when I was just a little kid and it was really fun, but sooooo short and limited. If they expand and make it more involved I'd be all for a sequel!

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 11, 2023
Only for the novelty of hearing Cedric Juniper say wonderful
lmao dying

Yes omg. Pokémon Snap was always a favourite of mine - it's a really simple game with not much to it, but it still managed to be entertaining for hours (until I lost it, oops!). I'd love to see an updated sequel with more bulk to it and most importantly better graphics, but whether or not this'll ever be in the works I don't know. I really hope they make another, I'd buy it instantly.

Years
  • Seen Jun 29, 2016
Yes, im all for a new one. Provided it's lengthier than the first. The first, while fun and enjoyable can be beaten in under an hour if you know what to do. But, yes, i've been asking for a sequel for a long time now....a man can dream.

ErikaInRainbowCity

Everyday I'm Tumblin'
Years
I think they did a re-release of Pokemon Snap 0.o which is pretty awesome but I don't know too much about a sequel. I think there's areas where they could excel and areas where they could screw up big time

Years
  • Seen Oct 25, 2013
Personally I feel that if they were to make a sequel the gameplay would have to be more dynamic and with new functions such at light advantages and possibly a free roam with interaction as apposed to the traditional drive by and snap as before.

«Chuckles»

Sharky
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Apr 29, 2023
Maybe, but it could be ruined and require you to take IRL pictures with the 3DS I know a few of them do that and its not that fun when your playing in the pitch black

Years
Definitely! I think the 3DS would be the perfect place for a Snap sequel. I also think it'd be interesting to see a game where you walk around instead of riding in the on-rail vehicle from the original. It'd provide a chance to develop larger areas, and give the game a larger feeling of exploration.

Firox

eepz, come help pwease!
Years
I wouldn't mind playing a sequel. I had fun with Pokemon Snap, used to play it at least an hour a day, until my younger brothers came in to play Conker with me - I would play it again an hour before going to bed. Taking pictures of the Pokemon was fun.

I still have my N64 game of it, I just don't have an actual Nintendo 64 to actually play the game. With so much dust and spider webs, not sure if my game is even playable anymore.

*Icecold*

Bow down to Queen Meowstic
Years
I've never played Pokemon Snap, but have learned from playthroughs and reviews of the game that it is really entertaining. I'm extremly interested in playing it. Having a version for the Wii would make me happy.

BubbleBeams

Defeating Champions Since 1999
Years
  • Age 34
  • Iowa
  • Seen Oct 26, 2021
I would love to see a new Pokemon Snap. I loved that game so much as a kid. It would be awesome to see with more Pokemon, better graphics, and probably better gameplay (assuming it'd be on the Wii U). There's a lot of things I loved about Pokemon Snap, but I do wish that it would have had more levels and more Pokemon. I think there were only 63 in the whole game.

Back