• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Official Magikarp Discussion Thread

Muffin™

Knows your age
Years
129Magikarp.png

Magikarp--The most useless Pokemon in existence. ...Or is it?

What's your opinion on Magikarp? :D

IMO it is the best fish Pokemon ever.

Last edited:

Lickitricky

Avast, ye scurvy dogs!
Years
I'd say Magikarp is either a flaming ball of terror, or a flaming hunk of crap :P
the only way to make it work is to use the Smeagle Spore/Belly Drum/Agility/Baton Pass strategy on it, and have it use flail.
Otherwise? it's a giant, flopping, indescribably useless fish.

Editman

Pokemon Collector
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Mar 30, 2014
True Magikarp sucks, but it's a huge confidence boost beating someone with it though!

Years
I love you.

As if I haven't posted
this vid enough...

Anyways, I
love Magikarp; it's easily the most epic Pokemon. Magikarp is one of my all-time favorites, until he evolves into that dimwitted dragon dancing demonic dingbat. I use to have a Magikarp themed sig. I've caught a level 93 Magikarp in Platinum.

Izzy_

Breeder-in-Training
Years
I'm gonna catch a Magikarp in Emerald the first chance I get. A nice Magikarp with the proper training and care will become a beautiful (?) Gyarados...and he pwns everything

Christopher

Hear Me Roar
Years
ha ha Just bought one in LG 500 isn't THAT bad I am training it up hoping to have a Gyarados before Vermillion

Timbjerr

[color=Indigo][i][b]T-o-X-i-C[/b][/i][/color]
Years
I think we've all seen the video of the Magikarp sweep with assistance from Salac Berry/Belly Drum Smeargle. XD

I personally don't have the patience to train a Magikarp, and I hate using cliche pokemon like Gyarados, but they're both admittedly pretty awesome. :D

Tree_x

Breeder
Years
I love you.

As if I haven't posted
this vid enough...

Anyways, I
love Magikarp; it's easily the most epic Pokemon. Magikarp is one of my all-time favorites, until he evolves into that dimwitted dragon dancing demonic dingbat. I use to have a Magikarp themed sig. I've caught a level 93 Magikarp in Platinum.

Ah the joys of the MagiSex Sweep :D magikarp in my opinion is just a real awesome poke! pretty sweet looking too

Ninja Caterpie

AAAAAAAAAAAAA
Years
I love you.

As if I haven't posted
this vid enough...

Anyways, I

Oh, that video.

It's not awesome until you've tried it...and succeeded

xJordan360

plurfection.
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 2, 2014
This video has inspired me. My friend insists he can beat me at pokemon once I get a team built in HGSS.
I'm sweeping him with a 'karp.
It's happening.

Code

Stealcase
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Apr 23, 2021
A shiny Magiarp means more to me than a shiny non-hacked non-cloned self earned deoxys. XD
Mika's song "We are golden" Fits it like a charm. =D

Back