• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Evolution/Pre-evolution Speculation

François2

#FutureSun&MoonMod
Years
Not entirely on topic but it fits here better than anywhere else - since the reveal of Alomomola I've been more than a bit annoyed that something so similar to Luvdisc is apparently entirely unrelated. I've had an idea for them to link the two separate lines together, though it would never happen. I think introducing a new type of incense and making Luvdisc a "baby pokémon" for Alomomola would make sense. Luvdisc could evolve via some new crazy way of evolution that nobody thought to try on it before, or something. I realise it would be really stretching the boundaries of what's believable but they could say that nobody in Unova had the incense and nobody in the regions Luvdisc are present in had the means to make it evolve, or something.

But OCD issues aside, I'm very much hoping for the long overdue Arbok evolution. I think at this stage it's possible that they don't want to touch Gen I pokés anymore but it needs one so badly. And you just know it would look totally badass too. Outside of that, I don't want much. Just the standard Eeveelutions would please me.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
Not entirely on topic but it fits here better than anywhere else - since the reveal of Alomomola I've been more than a bit annoyed that something so similar to Luvdisc is apparently entirely unrelated. I've had an idea for them to link the two separate lines together, though it would never happen. I think introducing a new type of incense and making Luvdisc a "baby pokémon" for Alomomola would make sense. Luvdisc could evolve via some new crazy way of evolution that nobody thought to try on it before, or something. I realise it would be really stretching the boundaries of what's believable but they could say that nobody in Unova had the incense and nobody in the regions Luvdisc are present in had the means to make it evolve, or something.

But OCD issues aside, I'm very much hoping for the long overdue Arbok evolution. I think at this stage it's possible that they don't want to touch Gen I pokés anymore but it needs one so badly. And you just know it would look totally badass too. Outside of that, I don't want much. Just the standard Eeveelutions would please me.

Yeah people thought the same in regards to linking the two, don't worry you're not alone! Although I'd not be a fan of linking them. XD;

idk what Arbok could evolve into, aside from a mega vicious cobra...? Which it already kind of is, but ya.

François2

#FutureSun&MoonMod
Years
Yeah people thought the same in regards to linking the two, don't worry you're not alone! Although I'd not be a fan of linking them. XD;

idk what Arbok could evolve into, aside from a mega vicious cobra...? Which it already kind of is, but ya.

Oh, well in that case HURRAH (unless those people had that idea in this thread in which case it's kind of embarrassing).

I was thinking a hydra of sorts, myself. Fairly massive, three heads, Poison/Dragon type and fabulous sweeping stats. I've always been a huge Arbok/Seviper fan so I'd like at least one of them to be usable

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
Oh, well in that case HURRAH (unless those people had that idea in this thread in which case it's kind of embarrassing).

I was thinking a hydra of sorts, myself. Fairly massive, three heads, Poison/Dragon type and fabulous sweeping stats. I've always been a huge Arbok/Seviper fan so I'd like at least one of them to be usable

They... did :x Well somewhat, ya. OH WELL you weren't to know!!

Ooh. While I don't really like the idea of a poison type being really powerful, an evolution of Arbok into a dragon doesn't actually seem so crazy. Buuut there was Hydreigon only just really released last generation so it might be a little too similar, as I kind of visualise it when you say that anyway. :(

François2

#FutureSun&MoonMod
Years
Ooh. While I don't really like the idea of a poison type being really powerful, an evolution of Arbok into a dragon doesn't actually seem so crazy. Buuut there was Hydreigon only just really released last generation so it might be a little too similar, as I kind of visualise it when you say that anyway. :(

My idea would look more like Cyber End Dragon from Yu-Gi-Oh (except not a machine and less massive, obviously) but you have a good point about the hydra concept being done so recently. I'd hope the fact that the additional heads here wouldn't be arms and it's not airborne would make it different enough to exist, but it's just a random idea and GF will presumably go down a completely different route if they ever do make an Arbok evo.

Guy

just a guy
Years
There is GOOD fanart of a Ghost Eevee. It is dresses as a Mummy. I would totally get one!

Spoiler:
HOLY! Can we please take a second to appreciate the beauty that is fanart? These eeveelution ideas are pretty amazing to say the least. Although, if we were given a Flying-type eeveelution, then I'm not sure so much about the poodle design. It's cute, but it seems a little much. I always pictures small angelic wings on its back or tiny wings on its legs similar to the shoes of Hermes, the Greek Messenger of the Gods. But those are some pretty amazing ideas.

My idea would look more like Cyber End Dragon from Yu-Gi-Oh (except not a machine and less massive, obviously) but you have a good point about the hydra concept being done so recently. I'd hope the fact that the additional heads here wouldn't be arms and it's not airborne would make it different enough to exist, but it's just a random idea and GF will presumably go down a completely different route if they ever do make an Arbok evo.
I'd imagine that if ever Arbok were to gain a final stage and end up as a Poison/Dragon, I picture more of a serpent-like dragon ─ hopefully without the wings. To base it off of the Hydra, would scream Hydreigon too much as Nica mentioned earlier. Not to mention, it wouldn't help that their color patterns, at least the purple with a dark gray / black would seems quite similar already.

Although, a two-headed snake might not be out of the question. Two heads at opposite ends of the body. There are snakes like that, but I'm just not sure if it would be the right sort of move to make with an Arbok evolution. Or maybe my imagination of what it might actually look like blurs my thought of it actually happening.

Last edited:

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
HOLY! Can we please take a second to appreciate the beauty that is fanart? These eeveelution ideas are pretty amazing to say the least. Although, if we were given a Flying-type eeveelution, then I'm not sure so much about the poodle design. It's cute, but it seems a little much. I always pictures small angelic wings on its back or tiny wings on its legs similar to the shoes of Hermes, the Greek Messenger of the Gods. But those are some pretty amazing ideas.
So badly want that ground and that flying design to be real XD; I mean the ground one looks like an actual warrior whereas the flying one has the Eevee face. But since most people are speculating on ground occurring (iirc!), I hope that occurs. :3

iTeruri

iAm
Years
I was thinking they could make a pre-evo for Miltank, Tauros and Bouffalant, all in one. Have a young calf that's pink (to look like Miltank) with a similar mane as Tauros, with a puff of hair that goes from the mane to the top of it's head (which becomes Bouffalant's afro). Have the evolution be: female: Miltank, male: Tauros, male & special condition: Bouffalant. Maybe add a new female to the mix, to simulate Bouffalant (Miltank and Tauros where one generation apart too, after all).

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
I was thinking they could make a pre-evo for Miltank, Tauros and Bouffalant, all in one. Have a young calf that's pink (to look like Miltank) with a similar mane as Tauros, with a puff of hair that goes from the mane to the top of it's head (which becomes Bouffalant's afro). Have the evolution be: female: Miltank, male: Tauros, male & special condition: Bouffalant. Maybe add a new female to the mix, to simulate Bouffalant (Miltank and Tauros where one generation apart too, after all).

Bouffalant has a 50:50 chance of being either Male or Female so they can't add a second Pokemon that is gender specific.

Besides that, like with Alomomola, it is confirmed by Gamefreak that Bouffalant is not related to Tauros/Miltank in any way, shape, or form. I'd prefer if they don't link any Gen 5 Pokemon to past ones like they have it now.

Years
  • Seen Jun 30, 2013
There is GOOD fanart of a Ghost Eevee. It is dresses as a Mummy. I would totally get one!

Spoiler:

HOLY ****! I want that poison-type, ghost-type, flying-type and bug-type. They are awesome!!

Last edited by a moderator:

ClumzyTrainR13

Storm Caster
Years

Spoiler:

My personal favs are the Dragon, Steel, and Fighting. As for the dragon, I would hope that the wings would be a little bit larger, because to me withought bigger wings it seems to imitate as a bat, thus a Dark type pokemon, but the general design is amazing. As for the steel, I think the little gear collar is just adorable :P . And as for the Fighting, it flat out shows a fighting type hands down. The gauze wrapping, the nose scuff, and just the emotion this pokemon seems to express just screams "tough" in all ways. Extreme praise to whoever created these eveelutions.

Years
  • Seen Jun 30, 2013
My personal favs are the Dragon, Steel, and Fighting. As for the dragon, I would hope that the wings would be a little bit larger, because to me withought bigger wings it seems to imitate as a bat, thus a Dark type pokemon, but the general design is amazing. As for the steel, I think the little gear collar is just adorable :P . And as for the Fighting, it flat out shows a fighting type hands down. The gauze wrapping, the nose scuff, and just the emotion this pokemon seems to express just screams "tough" in all ways. Extreme praise to whoever created these eveelutions.

The fighting-type evolution, somehow, reminds me of Houndour.

sρεcтяα

Ƹ̴Ӂ̴Ʒ
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Jul 23, 2013
Perhaps a pre-evo of Throh/Sawk, similar to what Tyrogue was to Hitmonlee/Hitmonchan? Hopefully not with the same thoroughly aggravating evolution conditions - getting a Hitmontop back in the day took me ages - but something similar...the two are very similar, so it'd make sense for them to have a shared pre-evo, I think.

It's far less likely to happen, but I'd quite like to see a Lunatone/Solrock pre-evo as well; one which evolves when a Sun Stone or Moon Stone is used on it. Not enough Pokemon evolve with either of those stones, so it'd be nice to see them get a little more use. I think Banette could use a Reaper Cloth evolution, as well...Dusclops got Dusknoir with the fourth gen, and seeing Banette becoming an occult monstrosity would be interesting.

I'd also like to see an adorable Druddigon pre-evo, because I almost feel sorry for it for how utterly useless and ugly it is. It needs something like that so it at least has SOME appeal.

Years
  • Seen May 31, 2020
I would actually quite like for GameFreak to "clean up" in terms of the evolutions and everything. I mean, Mr. Mime? Seaking? 50:50 GENDER RATIO? No. I want GameFreak to somehow alter this. I mean, say these games are set after all other games, maybe something has been discovered to change them? I mean, there can't just be a magical change which means they change who they become, it would be a joke. Something like a species change?

Think of it, Mr. Mime can be male or female. However, there comes a time where Mime Jr. has to for some reason "adapt" to a change which means that Mime Jr. now evolves into a new species named Mrs. Mime. Because of this, the female "Mr. Mime's" are slowly becomign extinct and are dieing out. In terms of past games, you can still trade female Mr. Mime's into the game, however, female Mr. Mime's are just no longer available in the wild.

Also, in terms of linking already-existing Pokémon together - possibly a discovery of an item to do so. These items may only be available in certain regions, or only just discovered - the reason why these evolution links have never been discovered.

I just feel like these "inconsistencies" need to be fixed! Sooner rather than later!

ROBO-BOY

The Monkey Man
Years
Ok. I'm a mokey pokemon FREAK!! LOVED the Pans and the Simis, I didn't hate Mankey or Primeape, Chimchar was my baby, but Aipom is my LOVE!! Or, at least, he used to be, until he was ruined by that idiot Ambipom. WHAT'S THE DEAL?!?

Anyway, I was just saying that I'd hate for them to ruin one of the cool Pokemon, like Pinsir, a disgusting, ugly, unloveable evolution/prevolution like they did with Aipom/Ambipom.

DTep

Arcanine4evar
Years
  • Seen Jan 24, 2013
I would actually quite like for GameFreak to "clean up" in terms of the evolutions and everything. I mean, Mr. Mime? Seaking? 50:50 GENDER RATIO? No. I want GameFreak to somehow alter this. I mean, say these games are set after all other games, maybe something has been discovered to change them? I mean, there can't just be a magical change which means they change who they become, it would be a joke. Something like a species change?

Think of it, Mr. Mime can be male or female. However, there comes a time where Mime Jr. has to for some reason "adapt" to a change which means that Mime Jr. now evolves into a new species named Mrs. Mime. Because of this, the female "Mr. Mime's" are slowly becomign extinct and are dieing out. In terms of past games, you can still trade female Mr. Mime's into the game, however, female Mr. Mime's are just no longer available in the wild.

Also, in terms of linking already-existing Pokémon together - possibly a discovery of an item to do so. These items may only be available in certain regions, or only just discovered - the reason why these evolution links have never been discovered.

I just feel like these "inconsistencies" need to be fixed! Sooner rather than later!

Even though this is a huge mess up on GameFreaks's part, it is one that will never be fixed in my opinion. We will have female Mr. Mimes forever, as crazy as that is. And it is one I'm sure they realized they made, and for five generations have not fixed it, so I doubt they are in any rush to do so just because this is the 6th generation.

Platinum Lucario

The Legendary Master of [color=#D8D48C]Light[/colo
Years
Even though this is a huge mess up on GameFreaks's part, it is one that will never be fixed in my opinion. We will have female Mr. Mimes forever, as crazy as that is. And it is one I'm sure they realized they made, and for five generations have not fixed it, so I doubt they are in any rush to do so just because this is the 6th generation.

Hm... I never really realized that there were female Mr. Mimes, knowing that it's name indicates that it's male. Yeah, it sounds really weird. Hopefully in Pokémon X and Y that they'll fix this sort of thing and introduce a new Pokémon, then so that Mime Jr. could either evolve into Mr. Mime or the new Pokémon, depending on what gender it is.

MiTjA

Poké-atheist
Years

How are weird english names for Pokemon, gamefreaks fault? The original names don't have these issues.

Back