• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Incredibly Wandering Thread V3 ⊂(◉‿◉)つ

Years
Ecruteak comes to mind as a city that has buildings resembling Japanese castles, though those are primarily just the towers.

From all the very modern cities, I think that it's possible to accept that the Pokemon world may have had to constantly rebuild from constant wars in its past, if you really want to get into an argument about whether or not it's canon.

I'm very curious as to how Conquest will play.

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
Years
But what's wrong with a castle in a Pokemon game as a setting? And why can't other games besides PMD and Pokepark offer something new?
Yeah! I'm probably not going to get these games, but I'm really interested in hearing how other people like them or not. It's probably the most interested I've been in the fate of a spin-off since something like Puzzle League for the N64. (I also didn't get that one, but I reeeeeeeeally wanted to, for some reason).

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
Gee, I don't want this thread anymore. Everyone is being rude party poopers. Don't like the game without playing it already? Fine. Go away. :( Bye thread! You poor soul. I hope you enjoy your new section more than this one.

Cordelia

Banned
Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen Nov 21, 2014
Here, we talk about trading. Does everyone like trading? I hope so... if you don't like it, then GTFO!

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
I like trading when my wifi likes to work! Today is my sister's birthday and I'm going to secretly trade her the Snorunt I RNG'd for her. :) SECRET TRADING WEEEEEE

Shining Raichu

Expect me like you expect Jesus.
Years
Does someone wanna give me a Rattata? I have this really cool thing called a Charmander but mouses are cuter imo so I want to train one.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
I don't know if I like trading or not. Because the only time I've made a pokémon trade was when I borrowed my friend's Gold version and traded her team over to another game before I restarted it to play for myself xD

I've peeked into the trading forums now and then (not often, I admit) and I don't understand why it would be so fun to trade and breed pokémon. I guess we all like different things and the thing I liked happened to be writing rather than... whatever traders do ;D

I hadn't noticed that Mac of York became a mod, btw. Good job! Maybe I'm very very late on noticing xD I have no idea really.

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
Most people that breed are probably RNGing. Much more fun than mindlessly breeding eggs without specific contents imo. :)

Lateon

The Eon Follower
Years
I like to trade when my wifi works... I dream of a world in which my wifi doesn't hate me and allows me to be in the trade room once in a while. Also, I breed the old-fashioned way! But mainly because I never bothered looking into RNGing.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
Most people that breed are probably RNGing. Much more fun than mindlessly breeding eggs without specific contents imo. :)
What's the difference between RNGing and "traditional breeding" then? Teach a trade-noob when this thread is here :3

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
Years
I've never traded over Wi-Fi. I've traded with my brother using a Link Cable in Gens I-III, but when I bought Black version, my DS wouldn't accept the Wi-Fi in my house, so no trading for me, unfortunately.

Also, I know next to nothing about it, but RNGing sounds hard. Very, very hard.

TwilightBlade

All dreams are but another reality.
Years
Here, we talk about trading. Does everyone like trading? I hope so... if you don't like it, then GTFO!
Me, I'm a trade nut. If I got paid to talk about trading all day, sign me up! :)

There's plenty to collect, from RNG'd to shinies to events. There's always new members coming and going. There's always new shops starting out. Trading thrives on creativity and personality. I like seeing how everyone designs their trade shops or customizes their inventory to attract certain traders. At the end of the day, I really do love making someone's day better by trading them a Pokemon they really wanted. I've been trading since Link Cable days. :3

What's the difference between RNGing and "traditional breeding" then? Teach a trade-noob when this thread is here :3
Traditional: classic breeding, using the breeding items and good parents to improve the chances of breeding good battle-ready (competitive) Pokemon. One can spend days, weeks, and perhaps months to get desired results.

RNGing: breeding and abusing the game's RNG (formulas) to get a 100% chance of breeding perfect battle-ready (competitive) Pokemon. One can spend hours or perhaps days learning RNG abuse, and once mastered, will then get desired results in about 30 minutes for each new attempt. RNG abusers aim to get flawless and/or shiny Pokemon, which are incredibly rare feats to achieve through traditional breeding.

I've never traded over Wi-Fi. I've traded with my brother using a Link Cable in Gens I-III, but when I bought Black version, my DS wouldn't accept the Wi-Fi in my house, so no trading for me, unfortunately.

Also, I know next to nothing about it, but RNGing sounds hard. Very, very hard.

Nuu RNG is not difficult at all for B/W! We have a lovely guide right here. It's been pretty successful, if I may say so myself. If you do need help, there's the club and the chatroom.

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
Cat Dog, believe me. BW RNG is really, really easy. I used that guide, some videos on YouTube, and advice from Blade and Mac and now I'm really good at it. :) It's a good thing to learn and it's very fun! If someone like me could learn to do it, I'm sure you could easily pick it up.

Griffinbane

I hate Smeargle.
Years
I still breed the traditional way. Seriously, the egg count in my Platinum game is currently at 5998 and everyone can see the results in my trade thread (plug plug wink). It's taken approx. 2 years to breed and get that many eggs and most of the pokemon with excellent IVs ended up with derp natures. Yeah. I'm really proud of the ones that turned out well though (Ludi and Staraptor love). :)

Gonna try to learn RNG once finals are over. It...might not turn out well, considering I've had 4 people in the past try to walk me through everything and I got perfect results only the first time doing it.

I lub certain folks here in trade corner. They're drowning me in free 'mon! (Mac's 'mons are especially fatty.)

Cordelia

Banned
Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen Nov 21, 2014
I still breed the traditional way. Seriously, the egg count in my Platinum game is currently at 5998 and everyone can see the results in my trade thread (plug plug wink). It's taken approx. 2 years to breed and get that many eggs and most of the pokemon with excellent IVs ended up with derp natures. Yeah. I'm really proud of the ones that turned out well though (Ludi and Staraptor love). :)

Gonna try to learn RNG once finals are over. It...might not turn out well, considering I've had 4 people in the past try to walk me through everything and I got perfect results only the first time doing it.

I lub certain folks here in trade corner. They're drowning me in free 'mon! (Mac's 'mons are especially fatty.)

We will get you RNGing, young Padawan, that I promise... if I can teach the people I've taught how to RNG... I can teach you.

PokéSwimmer

Keeping time time time
Years
There is a downside to RNGing though: it can suck most of the fun out of trading. After I got good enough at it, I lost my desire to trade because I could easily breed/catch almost anything I wanted for myself. I guess it depends on how you approach trading, but knowing how to RNG kinda ruined it for me.

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
Years
How can the IWT die in the BUSIEST FORUM ON PC except for Other Trivia!? Time for emergency CPR.

And RNGing - not gonna lie - still sounds hard even after reading TwilightBlade's handy guide.

Last edited:
Back